SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"...
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 25
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"... Login/Join 
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
It’s fine by me if he wants to exercise his right to free speech and voice his opinions. I’m happy to express my opinions as well:
Fuck Colin Kaepernick and everything he stands for.

Posts: 2093 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by liner:
It’s fine by me if he wants to exercise his right to free speech and voice his opinions. I’m happy to express my opinions as well:

I do not think he really stands for anything. He is just an insipid, unthinking, childish ass wipe.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scurvy:
For all their rules, the NFL does not have a rule requiring people to stand during the anthem... probably never thought they would have to. It is probably too late now. No one would have batted an eye if they made this rule prior to a few years ago but now it would invite way too much criticism.

No they don't. But to be a starting QB in the league, you need to be a leader. A leader is someone who shows class and has the ability to overlook their own personal hurts and show strong character. He is just showing childish emotions and childishness. The 49ers could end this by sending him a message that if he wants to sit down, he can do so from the comfort of his own home.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Let him go to Canada, or go to Hell.
Do you think that Canada will have room enough for him, along with all the show biz people who will move there after the upcoming election?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
quote:
Originally posted by liner:

I do not think he really stands for anything. He is just an insipid, unthinking, childish ass wipe.

Spot on!!

He Is No Fool Who Gives What He Cannot Keep,
To Gain That Which He Cannot Lose!

Posts: 593 | Location: central nebraska | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait until they release him for not performing. Think he'll scream racism?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ulsterman,

Posts: 7094 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrmn50:
In The Land of the Free and The Home of the Brave, he is entitled to stand or not, to respect the Flag or not, to be a good role mode or not.

That does not mean that our right of free speech and expression is abrogated. We have the right to tell him that he is a low life, thoughtless, self serving, ignorant, stupid, amoral, childish, stupid, spoiled, talentless and stupid piece of yak dung that is fortunate as hell to be living in the greatest country in the world where he is allowed to behave as he did without losing his life or his livelihood. That piece of shit. Mad
Well said! Thank you.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
He's just SO oppressed isn't he?

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Let him go to Canada, or go to Hell.
Do you think that Canada will have room enough for him, along with all the show biz people who will move there after the upcoming election?

According to Mr. Google there are something over 8.3 million square miles of space in Canada. Looking at a map, I'd estimate that over half of that is up in the frozen north country. I'm sure they could squeeze him/them in up there somewhere.

Posts: 7400 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
So he has to stand up.... by sitting down.

More reasons to not pay any attention to NFL football.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two words in the voice of one of my favorite guys, "You're fired!"

Posts: 2939 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Two thoughts... One, if I own the team, and by association his ass, he stands for the anthem. My team, my rules. He can make a statement on his own time. Where do these morons get off thinking they can come into my house (stadium), wearing my uniform, acting as a reflection of me, and behave as they like.

Two, apparently, given the comments of the team owners, they indirectly support any/all fringe terrorist organizations in this country if they're willing to ride the sidelines on something like this.

I have no love for NFL football in general, and crap like this is a big part of the reason why.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Two thoughts... One, if I own the team, and by association his ass, he stands for the anthem. My team, my rules. He can make a statement on his own time. Where do these morons get off thinking they can come into my house (stadium), wearing my uniform, acting as a reflection of me, and behave as they like.

Couldn't agree more and the better run organizations would never stand for this. Never.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
And the fans react....

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:

Couldn't agree more and the better run organizations would never stand for this. Never.

I agree but since teams are franchises, I suspect the NFL could stop team owners if they choose to. I don't know of any reason I would trust the NFL to do the right thing.

Posts: 3972 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Buying overpriced NFL jerseys then burning them. You couldn't make this stuff up. Skipping NFL this year, again.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12931 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34539 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
this football playing asshat is representative of the epidemic of stupidity we have in the world today.

Posts: 27162 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another reason I don't watch the NFL. The other reason is with the TV games you get to see the usual 26 to 30 minutes of actual play time in a game, plus an hour and a half of commercials.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Public relations contacts:

http://media.49ers.com/pr-contacts/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post