SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 25
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"... Login/Join 
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
He is not talented enough to be making such a dumb comment.

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Eamonn Wright
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Won't stand for the "racist" country he lives in and gets paid nearly 20 million dollars per year, not counting endorsements?

The irony....

And a black president, attorney general, former secs of state, generals, top paid movie stars, athletes, blah, blah, blah, etc, etc.

"The government is best which governs least."- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6562 | Location: Massachusetts, USA | Registered: December 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
One of the most privileged men in the world complaining about something that didn't happened to him to people who didn't do it......kool.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
So let's see if I understand this; he's protesting nothing being done about a cause he supports by sitting on his ass and doing nothing.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11884 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Fuck him and the horse he rode in on.

Posts: 1316 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
I'm with the "Fuck the NFL" crowd. It is nothing but a thug culture.

Show of hands, how many of us would still be employed with a felony conviction.

It's not my arguement, but I've heard the arguement on local sports media that the NFL is a form of "slavery".

These guys are placed on a pedestal not only in college, but in high school. Then when they hit the NFL, they think they can, and sometimes do, get away with murder.

You don't like my country. Get the fuck out.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 10557 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
He's a bum. Hopefully he leaves his paycheck on his way out the door.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9748 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Fuck Chip Kelly too -

Chip Kelly on Colin Kaepernick: "He did the same thing in the Denver game. We recognize his right to express his feelings."

Chip was an asshole in Philly and although he went to a metro area that has an even higher proportion of such, they'll soon learn he's an even greater Dickhead. SF has a long season ahead and it's my prediction that most, if not every game will look like their last pre-season game against the Packers. Jerry Rice knows a loser when he sees one. F U Dippy and Colin, you're a piece of shit that should get the hell out of this country!

Posts: 3371 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You have cow?
I lift cow!
posted Hide Post
Just for the record, my brother calls him "crapsondick."

------------------------------
http://defendersoffreedom.us/

Posts: 7018 | Location: Bay Area | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Screw Kelly. I hope he fails as a head coach. Again.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Let one NFL player put on a "Make America Great Again" baseball cap on the sideline for 15 seconds and see how many games he gets suspended for.

Posts: 4558 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
Let one NFL player put on a "Make America Great Again" baseball cap on the sideline for 15 seconds and see how many games he gets suspended for.

Excellent idea! I wonder if a player would get heat for wearing one. I'd be willing to buy a player one if he'll promise to wear it.

Why does it have to be my team that gets plagued with Craponstick??? Mad

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10830 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Hey Tom Brady had a Make America Great Again hat in his locker last year Wink

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Can't find a video link, but wish the 49er line would do like in the movies and let the whole defensive line sack him with no blocks.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5671 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Can't find a video link, but wish the 49er line would do like in the movies and let the whole defensive line sack him with no blocks.

You mean like Plimpton in "Paper Lion?"

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Irony drips from a person with his career making a statement like that

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Nothing but pure scum.

Throwback To When Colin Kaepernick Was Fined For Using Racial Slurs Towards A Black Player

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick sent social media in a firestorm Saturday morning when it became headline news that he refused to stand during the National Anthem prior to the teas preseason game Friday night.

In a statement that followed, Kaepernick explained his actions with, “I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color, to me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.”

Kaepernick went from a relatively liked player to arguably the leagues if not sports’ most hated, being shunned by many fans who feel as if he disrespected the country he and they live in.

The QB won’t be fined for his actions, as the NFL noted though it is encouraged, it is not required for a player to stand during the anthem. Kapernick was fined for a previous offensive though, one that some may look as quite hypocritical in light of the comment from Saturday.

After a 28-20 loss against the Chicago Bears on Sept. 14 of 2015, Kapernick was fined $11,00 by the NFL for using a racial slur, “f***ing n***a/er” to be specific.

Kaepernick was flagged on the play for using the language by ref Laird Hayes, knocking the 49ers back 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct.

There had been heavy debate on two issues relating to this situation, whether or not players should be able to be fined for language used on the playing field, and whether the “n word” shouldn’t be used by members of the white community while blacks see a different meaning to the word while using it amongst each other.

Do you think Kapernick is in a position to make the comment he recently made with this being a relevant blemish in is history? Feel free to leave a comment in the comment section below with your opinion.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
One of the most privileged men in the world complaining about something that didn't happened to him to people who didn't do it......kool.

Yep. They protest because of the evils of slavery. But slavery ended well over a hundred years ago. There is now no one living that was a slave, or a slave owner. "But Jim Crow laws" they exclaim! Yeah, those ended a generation ago. There may be a few people around that were responsible for imposing and enforcing those, but they're either dead, in nursing homes, or close to being so at this point. And this nation endured a lot of anguish in order to end those injustices. Many gave their lives to eliminate slavery.

Put it this way. If every white person were as evil as he seems to think they are, there are still enough to have kept slavery alive to this day. Slavery and Jim Crow ended because there were more who wanted to end them than there were who wanted them to continue.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
His ass needs to be sitting all season with out pay.

Posts: 1970 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:

The NFL is VERY particular when it comes to uniforms as exampled by the whole Dallas stick issue.

I don't think it would have anything to do with the hat being a Trump hat, just being and unapproved hat would be punished. Nike pays a lot of money to make sure they only wear Nike stuff.

Remember, this is a league the threatened to fine Peyton Manning 25,000 per game for wanting to wear a different colored cleat...

For all their rules, the NFL does not have a rule requiring people to stand during the anthem... probably never thought they would have to. It is probably too late now. No one would have batted an eye if they made this rule prior to a few years ago but now it would invite way too much criticism.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post