SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"...
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
If the Seahawks take a knee during the Anthem before the game on the 15th I would cancel the game and fine the players.

As much as I would support that it won't happen. To much money involved.

Posts: 2130 | Location: Tacoma, Wa. | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Although we have enjoyed Brandon Marshall as our spokesperson over the past five months, Air Academy Federal Credit Union (AAFCU) has ended our partnership. AAFCU is a membership-based organization who has proudly served the military community for over 60 years. While we respect Brandon’s right of expression, his actions are not a representation of our organization and membership. We wish Brandon well on his future endeavors.

Glenn Strebe
President/CEO
Air Academy Federal Credit Union

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ok, then. Buh-bye.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Posts: 109048 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just stop watching, close my wallet to all things NFL & notify sponsors that I won't be buying their products.

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kadin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
If the Seahawks take a knee during the Anthem before the game on the 15th I would cancel the game and fine the players. Keep canceling their games and fines until they show respect. If they don like it they can play in.....?

NFL and owners will never do that. It'd take enough people not buying tickets and not watching the games, enough to make a substantial financial impact before they'll do anything. Just one week of empty stadiums and no viewers would nip this shit in the bud with a quickness rarely seen.

I don't get at all why it's allowed. You couldn't be on the clock in any other job and make stupid protests or whatever without some repercussions, maybe even losing your job. I guess the only answer is money, as long as it keeps pouring in, neither the NFL or owners care about much of anything else.

But if I was the owner of a team, everyone that failed to show respect during the anthem, supported BLM on the field (the stupid hands up) or wore any kind of "social justice" apparel while on my time would immediately be out of a job.

Posts: 1848 | Location: Carrollton, TX | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
It's getting to the point where fans need to contact the NFL, their sponsors and the stations that broadcast them and warn them if they allow this to continue we are going to take a knee when it comes to their products and services.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I wonder if they will do what the women's soccer decided to do to avoid the whole issue - start playing the anthem before the teams take the field.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I was just discussing this with my bud today that if the head coach doesn't discipline, chastise, or otherwise penalize ANY player on his team that doesn't act in accordance with normal policy, the coach is DIRECTLY condoning what these ass-hats are doing and is JUST AS GUILTY. He doesn't have a hair on his ass if he doesn't do something.....ANYTHING.

Like someone said above....Coach John Tortorella is setting a SHINING example of what it is to be an athlete in a country that gives you the very freedom to make MILLIONS of $$$, regardless of what you're playing. Of course Ice Hockey is the ONLY true sport, but I digress......

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
I was just discussing this with my bud today that if the head coach doesn't discipline, chastise, or otherwise penalize ANY player on his team that doesn't act in accordance with normal policy, the coach is DIRECTLY condoning what these ass-hats are doing and is JUST AS GUILTY. He doesn't have a hair on his ass if he doesn't do something.....ANYTHING.

Like someone said above....Coach John Tortorella is setting a SHINING example of what it is to be an athlete in a country that gives you the very freedom to make MILLIONS of $$$, regardless of what you're playing. Of course Ice Hockey is the ONLY true sport, but I digress......

Seattle's coach Pete Carroll is a 9/11 truther and big Obama supporter. I'm sure he is all for taking a dump on the flag.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

Seattle's coach Pete Carroll is a 9/11 truther and big Obama supporter. I'm sure he is all for taking a dump on the flag.

Excuse my French, but FUCK HIM.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
This guy isn't. I think Adm. McRaven might be a bit more of a leader than Pete Caroll.

Pete BTW Fuck You!

https://sofrep.com/63452/forme...ck-flag-controversy/

Posts: 2837 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
quote:

Don't excuse me, FUCK HIM.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
quote:
quote:

Don't excuse me, FUCK HIM.

Well, since he did just convert.....

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Later NFL, there are too many other activities in life vying for my leisure time and money.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That's EXACTLY what I was going to say, but also include, "and the horse he rode in on". "Great minds"..., as they say.....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Looked for a sound bite or gif but nothing that truly worked as it should. So....

Him!

.....HIM!

............F U C K HIM!!!!!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I actually got in a argument with the wife and some friends last night. I declared any nfl programming will be not be broadcast on any of my tv's.
Several of us would always gather at our house and watch games and I would bbq.
I got some pretty serious backlash.

They gave me the argument that it was more about socializing than about the football games.
I said great we can socialize while bugs bunny is on the tv.

Two of my buddies who are big fantasy football players but low information voters finally left after I told them that if they spent a fraction of the time researching who they voted for as they do which wide receiver to draft in the third round we wouldn't be in this shit hole of a mess!
I shouldn't talk politics after a few cocktails I guess.

Wife's still pissed at me this morning.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Wife's still pissed at me this morning.

The MUCH better half asked me why I didn't watch any of the games last weekend. I told her about all the flap about not standing for the anthem. Earlier this year, she lost her dad, a WWII Navy vet. I think if I accidentally turn on the game, she'll shut it down before I can. She has little to no tolerance of those who disrespect the nation and those who sacrificed for it. Though I still haven't shown her any of the F@#k Yo Flag photos.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
While the NFL may look the other way on this, I have to believe (need to believe?) that this Sailor's command would not be quite as understanding?

There is a longer version on Facebook, but you get the idea.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
You know what?
PHUUUUUUUCK
HER!!

INSTANT "Discharge - Other than Honorable", pack your shit, GTF off my boat. No wait.....don't even pack your shit. Just GTF off my boat!