SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"...
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"... Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
^^^^^ WWCD? (I didn't mean What Would Christ Do? That hadn't occurred to me--I meant Winner Winner Chicken Dinner?)

flashguy

You betcha!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
A gunman ambushed a Philadelphia police sergeant late Friday night, firing more than a dozen rounds before taking off, and then shot four civilians and a University of Pennsylvania police officer during his flight before he was finally cornered and killed by police
http://www.philly.com/philly/n...st_Philadelphia.html

quote:
Eagles coach Doug Pederson didn’t sound thrilled that at least some of his players plan a protest during Monday night’s national anthem, but he didn’t sound terribly offended, either. And he indicated that if the entire team stood together, he would join in.
http://www.philly.com/philly/b...t-will-distract.html

I read a comment today that this whole thing is turning into the ice bucket contest. Enough is enough.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Enough of this shit. A local high school is doing it now. Fine- I'd immediately pull any tax money from the sports budget.

What they don't seem to realize is- they are the problem and they are the only ones who can change it. Instead of symbolically protesting get off your asses and change your behavior.

quote:
Seattle's Garfield High School football team kneels during national anthem

http://komonews.com/sports/spo...ring-national-anthem

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
If this was already posted and I missed it, my apologies. Bottom line is that Tomi Lahren tears Kaperdicnk a new one. LOL

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/qq0_nyWVXCI

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Roger Goodell praises player demonstrations for going from 'protests to progress'

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says the league will encourage players to use their voice to promote social change as the demonstrations during the national anthem started by San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick last month continue to spread to other teams.

Speaking before the Minnesota Vikings’ first regular-season game at their new stadium against the Green Bay Packers on Sunday night, Goodell told a group of reporters the movement from “protests to progress” is a positive sign.

“As I’ve said before, I truly respect our players wanting to speak out and change the community,” Goodell said. “We don’t live in a perfect society. We want them to use that voice. And they’re moving from protests to progress and trying to make things happen in the communities. And I admire that about our players, (being) willing to do that...

The NFL didn't have much good will to lose around our house, now none. In all due respect, Roger, eat shit and die, you miserable coward.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8544 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Roger Goodell praises player demonstrations for going from 'protests to progress'

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says the league will encourage players to use their voice to promote social change as the demonstrations during the national anthem started by San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick last month continue to spread to other teams.

Speaking before the Minnesota Vikings’ first regular-season game at their new stadium against the Green Bay Packers on Sunday night, Goodell told a group of reporters the movement from “protests to progress” is a positive sign.

“As I’ve said before, I truly respect our players wanting to speak out and change the community,” Goodell said. “We don’t live in a perfect society. We want them to use that voice. And they’re moving from protests to progress and trying to make things happen in the communities. And I admire that about our players, (being) willing to do that...

The NFL didn't have much good will to lose around our house, now none. In all due respect, Roger, eat shit and die, you miserable coward.

Dear Mr. Goddell,

When your players stop being arrested for violent crimes, robberies, shooting others, shooting themselves, DUI's and drug charges, you can start to think about letting them use their voice to influence positive community change.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
withdrawn. Irrelevant.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: darthfuster,

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
That article is from 2013.....

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:

Dear Mr. Goddell,

When your players stop being arrested for violent crimes, robberies, shooting others, shooting themselves, DUI's and drug charges, you can start to think about letting them use their voice to influence positive community change.

Well said. Looking at the all too common violent, anti-social, irresponsible conduct of many NFL players, is this a group you would want promoting social change?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Kaepernick attends Oakland high school football game and kneels during anthem as whole team lays on the ground with their hands up

He may play for the rival NFL team across the Bay, but Colin Kaepernick was more than happy to lend some inspiring words to an Oakland high school football team.

Just as he has for every one of his own games, Kaepernick sat on the sidelines as the national anthem played before the game at Castlemont High on Friday.

But what the young team did as the Star-Spangled Banner played was even more powerful. Each teen laid on their backs, their arms raised to the sky.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8544 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I wish NFL coaches/owners would take this stance. I just gained some respect for Buzz Williams.

http://legalinsurrection.com/2...r%C2%B7rec%C2%B7tion)

Posts: 2044 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ripley:
Kaepernick attends Oakland high school football game and kneels during anthem as whole team lays on the ground with their hands up

He may play for the rival NFL team across the Bay, but Colin Kaepernick was more than happy to lend some inspiring words to an Oakland high school football team.

Just as he has for every one of his own games, Kaepernick sat on the sidelines as the national anthem played before the game at Castlemont High on Friday.

But what the young team did as the Star-Spangled Banner played was even more powerful. Each teen laid on their backs, their arms raised to the sky.

'Alternative Universe' level stupidity

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5995 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Had I been the Head Referee, that game would have been forfeited to the other team.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Had I been the Head Referee, that game would have been forfeited to the other team.

Only to have to deal with the pissy parents screaming that you're racist. Frown

Lord I'm sick of this shit too!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Fortunately, my daughter is involved in archery. Taking a a knee or sitting down for the national anthem at the start of a tournament is something that is not going to happen.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11884 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:

Only to have to deal with the pissy parents screaming that you're racist.
I could not care less.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I have to wonder how many allegedly red-blooded, gun-owning, law-and-order-supporting, military-supporting, flag-respecting, patriotic Americans are still addicted to watching the sports that are infested with these people and their attitudes?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I have to wonder how many allegedly red-blooded, gun-owning, law-and-order-supporting, military-supporting, flag-respecting, patriotic Americans are still addicted to watching the sports that are infested with these people and their attitudes?

I have gone to watching the NFL every Sunday to just checking my fantasy football scores. The NFL pisses me off and with their hiring anti gun former libtard Chief Cathy Lanier to advise on security makes me sick. Turns out shooting on NFL Sunday keeps the range turn out down significantly. Fuck the NFL.

Posts: 7740 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
As a young man I was a sports enthusiast. I was on the field and court myself mostly, but when at rest, I was glued to pro sports broadcasts. Then something changed. The athletes, or too many of them, became selfish and crude. They behaved disgracefully and without regard for their fans' sensibilities. Either they changed or I did, but I refused to ignore it for the temporary gratification of sports entertainment. I quit watching basketball in 1987. I quit watching football shortly thereafter. I quit watching baseball in the early 90's. Now those same attitudes have infected college sports. It was a sacrifice at first but I replaced the entertainment with something else more productive. Aside from the annoyance of the occasional Kaespernick, What happens in the sport world barely affects me. I pay little more attention to it that I do paleo-media outlets and their conduits. I think insulting your audience and raising their ire for political statements is a brilliant business model.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29906 | Location: Norris Lake, TN | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
It's far too easy to find something else to do on Sunday instead of wasting it on these prima donnas.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post