SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"...
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 25
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"... Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
PHUUUUUUUCK
HIM!!

LOL - I think "he" is a "she".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
PHUUUUUUUCK
HIM!!

LOL - I think "he" is a "she".

Big Grin Had to edit. LOL!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:....Just GTF off my boat!

And as a courteous gesture, I would be happy to help you with this. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
While the NFL may look the other way on this, I have to believe (need to believe?) that this Sailor's command would not be quite as understanding?

There is a longer version on Facebook, but you get the idea.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bZt4pCjuPDs" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]
She will undoubtedly face a Captain's Mast and may get an Article 15 for it. Military personnel do not have the full coverage of the 1st Amendment to fall back on--a necessary policy to insure performance as a unit.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

America oppresses black people....They know the real story. And they want to hold everyone but themselves responsible for their embarrassment.

Seems to me Blacks in America have a notably better lifestyle than anywhere else in the world. And the traditional American culture are the roots that provide such fruit. Maybe Kap should divest himself of his worldly lifestyle and move to central Congo.

Paraphrasing Voltaire(?), if people believe stupid lies, they will make stupid and destructive choices.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
While the NFL may look the other way on this, I have to believe (need to believe?) that this Sailor's command would not be quite as understanding?

Now shit gets interesting. Daily Mail picked it up, which means the story is now international.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...cing-discipline.html

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12403 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Only punishment good enough for a disgraceful fuck like that is being strapped to a chair and beaten with hammers.

Posts: 13291 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a diehard Seahawks fan this is very relieving to read:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/...-unity-season-opener

Posts: 721 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Largefarva:

Why do they have to be controversial?

What's wrong with standing, facing the flag, and putting your right hand over your heart as you sing the anthem? What's wrong with this traditional show of "unity" with all citizens of the nation?

Why are these special, overpaid game-players too good to just do it the way it's supposed to be done?

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm just glad they're not being douchebags by sitting during the national anthem. As we know already, last weekend one of their players, Jeremy Lane sat during the anthem....and it was widely assumed until now that the rest of the team was going to follow suit. This dispels that rumor, and therefore makes me happy to read it. That's why I posted it.

Posts: 721 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:

I like it. And whether we like it or not, these NFL athletes carry a lot of influence. Their standing together is an "F-YOU" to those individuals who chose to sit or kneel and call attention to themselves. At least this is the way I am choosing to look at it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Banned
posted Hide Post
And yet, she quotes Tupac Shakur (sp?) as a great philosopher saying not to care what other people think of you.
yeah, she has rights. But also, she has responsibilities.

We have had the black man's back since Lyndon Johnson's Great Society in 22 trillion ways.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
quote:

What's wrong with standing, facing the flag, and putting your right hand over your heart as you sing the anthem? What's wrong with this traditional show of "unity" with all citizens of the nation?

Why are these special, overpaid game-players too good to just do it the way it's supposed to be done?

This is much more dramatic. Like they are challenging the other team to a game of red rover...

Posts: 7740 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I don't much care whether or not someone stands for it, there are any number of reasons why they may not at a given time, but I'll not listen to someone run their fucking mouth about it or make some political statement about it, much less whine about oppression.

Either stand and shut up (or sing), or sit and shut up, as i have no patience for the rest.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm just glad they're not being douchebags by sitting during the national anthem. As we know already, last weekend one of their players, Jeremy Lane sat during the anthem....and it was widely assumed until now that the rest of the team was going to follow suit. This dispels that rumor, and therefore makes me happy to read it. That's why I posted it.

Is it not a fact that they considered doing so as a team? If so they are douchebags and will always remain douche bags. The Cowboys were forbidden by the nfl from putting quarter size stickers on their helmets honoring the 5 slain police officers in Dallas but they allow this behavior from their players. The nfl is free to make their choices and so am I! Fuck em!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Exactly. This Seahawk thing is sophomoric melodrama.

quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:

Posts: 8881 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Agreed.

Stand and salute. Say a prayer.

And play the freaking game.

Ugh. Just one more reason to hate the NFL.

0:01

Posts: 4280 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^^
You know what?
PHUUUUUUUCK
HER!!

INSTANT "Discharge - Other than Honorable", pack your shit, GTF off my boat. No wait.....don't even pack your shit. Just GTF off my boat!

And out of my country. Stupid bitch.

Wonder if she has enlisted in the black lives matter shit.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bZt4pCjuPDs" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]
She will undoubtedly face a Captain's Mast and may get an Article 15 for it. Military personnel do not have the full coverage of the 1st Amendment to fall back on--a necessary policy to insure performance as a unit.

flashguy

As much as I would like to believe she will get her "comeupance" over that, I cannot. Female and black.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Navy Times Update...NJP.

https://www.navytimes.com/arti...avy-is-taking-action

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ