SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"...
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 25
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"... Login/Join 
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
Problem is, that would serve others, Kap wants only to serve himself.

... despite his claim that he's protesting for others.... Wink

It's like he's shouting, "Look at me! Look at me! I'm offended on someone else's behalf! Look at me!" Roll Eyes

He's either deluded, deranged, or just the south end of a north bound donkey.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
http://wgntv.com/2016/09/02/st...ledge-of-allegiance/

Looks like it's spreading to some schools now. Youngster refuses to say the Pledge of Allegiance because "America Sucks"

Posts: 1293 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't take long for him to change his mind if none of the other kids would talk to him or play with him. "Shunning" was how Society's norms were enforced back in the day.

Of course, if the kid is from a family that follows a religion that's against saying the Pledge (Jehovah's Witnesses, Quaker, Muslim, etc.) he'd be given a pass on it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.usatoday.com/story/...oster-cuts/89835266/

The San Francisco 49ers have kept quarterback Colin Kaepernick on their 53-man roster. But Blaine Gabbert will begin the season at quarterback, coach Chip Kelly announced.

The 49ers open the season against the Los Angeles Rams on Monday, Sept 12. Kaepernick will serve as the backup for that game, Kelly said.

Kaepernick is guaranteed $11.9 million from the 49ers this season, whether he is on the roster or not.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Dang, Colin. The Man has demoted you for a field hand! Are you going to put up with that?? I think you need to run away from your oppressive slave masters and their filthy lucre. Run away! Be free!

Posts: 109048 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
Interesting he is guaranteed 11.9 mil whether he plays or not.

That might play heavily into his decision on taking a stand. I would wonder if he wasn't the starter and he wasnt getting paid no matter what, if he would be as big as ass as hes being.

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybird86:
guaranteed 11.9 mil whether he plays or not.

I could live under that kind of oppression for a season. Roll Eyes

God bless America.

Posts: 13864 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Obama never misses a chance to take a shot at anything representing love & respect of our country

http://nypost.com/2016/09/05/o...onal-anthem-protest/

“[H]e’s following his constitutional right to make a statement,” Obama said at a press conference in Hangzhou, China, responding to a question about the quarterback. “I think there’s a long history of sports figures doing so.”

The president added, “I don’t doubt his sincerity. I think he cares about some real, legitimate issues that have to be talked about. And if nothing else, he’s generated some conversation around some topics that need to be talked about it.”

At Monday’s press conference, Obama reiterated his call for an “active citizenry” and praised the 28-year-old professional athlete for speaking out: “I would rather have young people who are engaged in the argument and trying to think through how they can be part of our democratic process than people who are just sitting on the sidelines and not paying attention at all.”

the president said: “Maybe some of his critics will start seeing he has a point around certain concerns around justice and equality.”

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

the president said: “Maybe some of his critics will start seeing he has a point around certain concerns around justice and equality.”

What a huge piece of shit. I don't hate many people but I hate Obama with a passion.

No we get his point. We get what he is trying to say. But he's a fucking moron who can't think for himself and instead has been fooled by Obama and others who are determined to keep this country divided. Blacks kill each other at a much higher rate than police kill them, and police kill more whites than blacks. Kapernick was raised by two rich white parents after his black father left him and he's never had anything close to a real job. He has lived an extremely privileged life but thinks because he has a slightly darker skin color somehow he's been oppressed.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15276 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Does anybody expect less from a Commander in Chief who doesn't salute his Marines.

The conversation should be about respect for yourself and this country, and the dialogue should be about asswipes of the49ers doing something for his "community" other than disrespectful behavior before a national audience.

Posts: 2837 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
The Kaepernick Cancer is spreading.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3625 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
The Kaepernick Cancer is spreading.

It's not spreading. It's been there. It's just revealing itself more clearly.

I wonder how many members here will willingly continue to help pay Kaepernick's outrageous salary?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I wonder how many members here will willingly continue to help pay Kaepernick's outrageous salary?

^^^^^
I haven't supported that POS sport in YEARS.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has beens and never was athletes protesting minorities being operssed.

If the press wound't cover crap like this, it would have been over by now.

Posts: 7094 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

No we get his point. We get what he is trying to say. But he's a fucking moron who can't think for himself and instead has been fooled by Obama and others who are determined to keep this country divided. Blacks kill each other at a much higher rate than police kill them, and police kill more whites than blacks. Kapernick was raised by two rich white parents after his black father left him and he's never had anything close to a real job. He has lived an extremely privileged life but thinks because he has a slightly darker skin color somehow he's been oppressed.
But but the percentages.... Ever watch an episode of Cops? The beat the crap out of more white people than black.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2561 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Dinner in the White House soon!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7846 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Patent Pending
Picture of Tonyny
posted Hide Post
And it begins...... White female soccer star joins kaepernick in national anthem protest.

U.S. Women's soccer star Megan Rapinoe joined San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick in protest on Sunday night, kneeling in solidarity during the national anthem and saying being a "gay american," helped her empathize with the struggle for minority rights.

"Being a gay American, I know what it means to look at the flag and not have it protect all of your liberties," Rapinoe told American Soccer Now. "It's important to have white people stand in support of people of color on this."

Rapinoe, who currently plays for the Seattle Reign in the National Women's Soccer League, become the first nonblack professional athlete join in the recent protest of the national, ESPN reported. Referred to as "one of the USA’s most skillful attackers and goal scorers," in her official U.S. Soccer bio, Rapinoe won gold with the national team in the 2012 Olympics and helped lead the U.S. women to their 2015 World Cup victory.

https://gma.yahoo.com/us-socce...news-topstories.html

[URL=http://s43.photobucket.com/user/Tonyfl/media/megan-rapinoe-and-sarah-walsh.jpg.html]

NRA Life Member

Capital punishment means never having to say, "You again?"

Posts: 4135 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I'm using loose percentages and I apologize if this point has been made. The NFL is about 80% African American, while the general population is over 50% Caucasian. Seems there is oppression of whites in the NFL. Maybe he should be protesting that.

Posts: 7632 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
At some point all but the dimmest of us are going to turn this drivel off. At that point the house of cards comes tumbling down, no sponsors, no endorsements, nor parole. Then what's a super hero to do?

Posts: 6504 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post