SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"...
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 25
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"... Login/Join 
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I haven't watched pro, semi pro, or college sports in over a decade. The self agrandizing Chud munchers can choke on themselves for all I care. There are way too many real issues that affect this world to focus on something as insignificant as wannabes.

Posts: 2859 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tonyny:
And it begins...... White female soccer star joins kaepernick in national anthem protest.

U.S. Women's soccer star Megan Rapinoe joined San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick in protest on Sunday night, kneeling in solidarity during the national anthem and saying being a "gay american," helped her empathize with the struggle for minority rights.

"Being a gay American, I know what it means to look at the flag and not have it protect all of your liberties," Rapinoe told American Soccer Now. "It's important to have white people stand in support of people of color on this."

Rapinoe, who currently plays for the Seattle Reign in the National Women's Soccer League, become the first nonblack professional athlete join in the recent protest of the national, ESPN reported. Referred to as "one of the USA’s most skillful attackers and goal scorers," in her official U.S. Soccer bio, Rapinoe won gold with the national team in the 2012 Olympics and helped lead the U.S. women to their 2015 World Cup victory.

https://gma.yahoo.com/us-socce...news-topstories.html

[URL=http://s43.photobucket.com/user/Tonyfl/media/megan-rapinoe-and-sarah-walsh.jpg.html]

Professional women's soccer... I wonder if all 5 fans will be offended or even notice?

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Yesterday my pastor made a comment during the Sunday sermon that really perked up my ears. He was teaching 1 Samuel 3:1-11 (The LORD Calls Samuel) and he said, "I believe the LORD is about to tell us something."

The "us" he was referring to was the USA, perhaps the world, and in particularly us, God's children.

Lying by politicians that isn't lying. Rampant homosexual and aberrant sexual behavior, the brutality and excess exhibited by sports" heros" and the pay given them, the loss of morals, ethics and character in every walk of life. These aren't new; the Bible is filled with tales of man's evil nature. Once, when it became irredeemable, God destroyed the world by flooding it out. Sodom and Gomorrah, Babylon...

It wouldn't surprise me.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
If everyone turned off the SF and SEA games after the national anthem the NFL would take notice.

Otherwise they don't care...anyone watching these 2 teams are supporting this POS.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Dang, Colin. The Man has demoted you for a field hand! Are you going to put up with that?? I think you need to run away from your oppressive slave masters and their filthy lucre. Run away! Be free!

^^^^^ This ^^^^^

And I will add .... Yes! , run and don't let the screen door hit you in the ass on the way out.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
If everyone turned off the SF and SEA games after the national anthem the NFL would take notice.

Otherwise they don't care...anyone watching these 2 teams are supporting this POS.

I agree. This will be the first time in decades that I won't show any interest in the NFL.

Any one who knows the name Colin Flaherty knows what's really going on, and these players are a part of Flaherty's expose. They actually identify with the mindset of BLM! "Kill Cops!" No, I just can't accommodate that mindset.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10830 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:

The only ethics in pro sports these days is what sells tickets and advertising, and what doesn't.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
During tonight's FSU-MST game, the continuously running ticker at the bottom of the screen had some interesting info: Kaepernick's jersey is the 3rd best selling jersey in the NFL. And the sales of his jersey for just the past week have exceeded the sales for the past 8 months combined.

Just a couple of data points I'm mulling over tonight, and wondering why that is.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2566 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I think of the word "Oppression", what comes to mind are places like the former Soviet Union, China, North Korea, South Africa under apartheid etc..Places where you are pulled from you bed in the middle of the night due to your political/religious beliefs. I guess you could include the southern U.S. prior to the civil rights era in this as well.

Posts: 149 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've just decided to turn off the NFL completely unless they put a stop to this.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
They won't.

I've just decided to turn off the NFL completely unless they put a stop to this.[/QUOTE]

Posts: 2044 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Dang, Colin. The Man has demoted you for a field hand! Are you going to put up with that?? I think you need to run away from your oppressive slave masters and their filthy lucre. Run away! Be free!

By all means, take the 'underground railway' to a life of freedom up in the snowy wastes, but please leave all that 'blood money' behind - you really don't want to take your 'slave-pay' with you, now do you?

I'll help you donate it to the VA, if that's alright. After all, lots of 'em died and lots of 'em didn't but wished they had, just so you and your sorry ass could play ball, right?

Seems fair to me.

tac

Posts: 11437 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
They won't.

I've just decided to turn off the NFL completely unless they put a stop to this.
[/QUOTE]

I'm not expecting they will. Besides, it will give me more time to do a lot of other things instead.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://komonews.com/sports/sea...t-sunday-vs-dolphins

Seahawks players may expand national anthem protest Sunday vs Dolphins

The Seattle Seahawks hope to make a statement in their season-opening matchup versus the Miami Dolphins on Sunday.

Linebacker Bobby Wagner said Wednesday that the team is considering a show of unity in order to promote justice and equality for all Americans, regardless of skin color.

"Anything that we want to do, it's not going to be individual," Wagner said ahead of practice at the Virginia Mason Athletic Center. "It's going to be a team thing because that's what the world needs to see. The world needs to see people coming together versus being individuals."

Baldwin and his teammates have discussed a larger protest, but the 27-year-old said he wanted to get "all of my ducks in a row" before he disclosed any plans.

One complicating factor could be that Sunday's game falls on the 15th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, a fact that's not lost on Baldwin.

"I think that anybody should be thinking about that," Baldwin said. "Even if it wasn't Sept. 11, the point of the protest is to get people to think.

sure got me thinking. The NFL sucks.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Yesterday my pastor made a comment during the Sunday sermon that really perked up my ears. He was teaching 1 Samuel 3:1-11 (The LORD Calls Samuel) and he said, "I believe the LORD is about to tell us something."

The "us" he was referring to was the USA, perhaps the world, and in particularly us, God's children.

Lying by politicians that isn't lying. Rampant homosexual and aberrant sexual behavior, the brutality and excess exhibited by sports" heros" and the pay given them, the loss of morals, ethics and character in every walk of life. These aren't new; the Bible is filled with tales of man's evil nature. Once, when it became irredeemable, God destroyed the world by flooding it out. Sodom and Gomorrah, Babylon...

It wouldn't surprise me.

Well, if a bunch of good people disappear out of thin air, get to high ground. Quickly.

Posts: 6400 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What are these whiners going to do after football season?

And I don't care one speck about football, but I hope any teams endorsing the ridiculous puerile shit get their asses STOMPED this season. S-T-O-M-P-E-D

Posts: 109048 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Do you think any of these sports athletes could name just three different soldiers who gave the ultimate sacrifice to protect their "free speech"? Millions to choose from ...

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, I think these guys are as stupid as shit. They're just like the empty-headed cute girls who get courted from early on in life, only because of looks. In the case of these hurr durr football players, they've skated their entire lives because they can run fast with a little ball. I don't think these guys have a clue about jack shit- couldn't pass a history test if their lives literally depended upon it.

hurr duur ummm Koach hellupd me thru kollege hurr durr. I past!!

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109048 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I'm perplexed about why anyone listens to athletes talk about anything. This question was reinforced after the blonde alternative lifestyle chick pictured above mentioned something about 'black man stay in your place,' as if his race had anything to do with why guys like me are put off by such behavior. If he were lily white and sitting for the Anthem, I'd still be disgusted.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6391 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
I wonder how many members here will willingly continue to help pay Kaepernick's outrageous salary?

^^^^^
I haven't supported that POS sport in YEARS.

I am going on 79, and have NEVER watched a single game in professional sports.

To me, they are nearly all a bunch of over-entitled, self centered egotists. They think they can get away with anything, and many incidents seem to prove it.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post