SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"...
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"... Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Fuck Seattle. They are just trying to not get as much backlash.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...l-anthem-Sunday.html

'We are linking arms to stand up for Social Justice, Love & Peace for All.'

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3625 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

Wonder if she has enlisted in the black lives matter shit.

Probably. She was doing that 'black power' fist thing in that video.

Idiot.

quote:
As much as I would like to believe she will get her "comeupance" over that, I cannot. Female and black.

That doesn't count for as much in the military as it does on the 'outside.' The military is integrated enough that people can't get away with crying racism over cases like this, where they CLEARLY violated regs.

Besides, the military HAS TO crack down on her hard, lest it spread. From the Navy Times article linked above:
quote:
“She is not being discharged or separated,” Meadows added. “She will be able to move on to her next duty station as planned.”

She will be watched like a hawk at that next duty section, and you can be sure that her new chain of command is already getting ready for her arrival. Such as, selecting their best hard-ass black NCO/Petty Officer to be her front-line supervisor. And they will probably brief her upon her arrival that she gets no more 'free passes' to act like a frickin douche. EVERYBODY at her new base/ship will know who she is. She will not be as popular as she thinks she will be. I bet she quits within the year.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21921 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
4 Miami Dolphins kneeling

Makes me sick to look at this ignorant, ungrateful display of stupidity and deceit

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Navy Times Update...NJP.

https://www.navytimes.com/arti...avy-is-taking-action

Keflavik NAS is being re-opened to patrol the GIUK Gap, I understand there's a number of billets that need filling.

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15529 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell:

Lauer made a point of asking about whether it’d be particularly “difficult to see the players kneel or sit for the anthem” on the 15th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, when many Americans will be feeling exceptionally patriotic.

“I don’t think so,” Goodell answered .

“You know, we encourage our players to be respectful. We want them to do this so. But they also have rights. And we have to respect that.”

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell:

Lauer made a point of asking about whether it’d be particularly “difficult to see the players kneel or sit for the anthem” on the 15th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, when many Americans will be feeling exceptionally patriotic.

“I don’t think so,” Goodell answered .

“You know, we encourage our players to be respectful. We want them to do this so. But they also have rights. And we have to respect that.”

Goodell can respect it when we boycott games, not purchase merchandise and speak negatively to the commercial sponsors of his "games". Make no mistake Commish, your league is one of many Entertainment Venues that are unnecessary to this country's existence. Grow the Fuck Up.

Posts: 3371 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
http://dailycaller.com/2016/09...er&utm_medium=Social

Team Of 11 And 12 Year Old Football Players Kneel During National Anthem in Texas

A team of 11 and 12 year old football players in Texas reportedly all kneeled Saturday during the national anthem.

The New York Daily News’s Shaun King said that they all asked to kneel and they did so with their coaches.

All but two members of Woodrow Wilson High School football team in Philadelphia kneeled as well during the national anthem as well Saturday. They lost the game 13-7.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I would have just canceled the game and awarded the win to the team that did not disrespect the flag.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Just get rid of all football and lets just get on with soccer. Football will be dead in 20 years anyway. Shit least the soccer guys dont flop on the flag.

quote:
BOYDS, Md. (TheBlaze/AP) — The Washington Spirit prevented Seattle midfielder Megan Rapinoe from kneeling again during the national anthem by altering its pregame ceremonies rather than “subject our fans and friends to the disrespect we feel such an act would represent.”

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
4 Miami Dolphins kneeling

Makes me sick to look at this ignorant, ungrateful display of stupidity and deceit

To the Dolphins that took a knee during the national anthem and any other idiots disrespecting the flag and our country, especially on 9/11, you are a bunch of hippocritical and ungrateful jerks. Yes, you have the right to act like children and follow Kaepernick's foolish example. You can also expect to be called out and shunned for your actions. That's all you'll ever truly be remembered for regardless of whatever else you do, if you're remembered at all. It's clear you didn't think things through or consider the old adage "if so and so jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?" Way to go!

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4416 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Wife and I vowed, no Super Bowl parties, not even 10 seconds of a glance at a game. Fuck the NFL.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Wife and I vowed, no Super Bowl parties, not even 10 seconds of a glance at a game. Fuck the NFL.

Same here and sent an email to the NFL telling them just that. And, I will not patronize any business or product that sports an official NFL Sponsor logo.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3794 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
South Park, just well done. Big Grin

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Unfortunately they are still too many dumb asses will support these MF's.
Football is very important to them some even take day off to go see those stupid shit.

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
FTNFL.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Navy Times Update...NJP.

Keflavik NAS is being re-opened to patrol the GIUK Gap, I understand there's a number of billets that need filling.

Iceland is actually sort of nice. Too bad the Naval facility at Adak closed, it would be a much better place for exile.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Fair is fair. Why doesn't the NFL et al, allow counter protests?
Seems these spoiled brats have a monopoly on acting out for the cause de jour. Myself, I'd stand right in front of them to block the cameras. First Amendment freedom and such.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
These two NFL players were also expressing their feeling about the Flag and what it represents.

Green Bay Packers at Jacksonville Jaguars--Sunday.9/11/16

Posts: 13565 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Navy Times Update...NJP.

Is Diego Garcia still open? I remember it being the Navy's Shit hole. Send her there.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post