SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"...
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"... Login/Join 
Picture of Pistolria
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
These two NFL players were also expressing their feeling about the Flag and what it represents.

Green Bay Packers at Jacksonville Jaguars--Sunday.9/11/16

I was at this game. Players from both teams were holding the flag! Covered the whole field, great F15 flyover, very emotional!

Posts: 675 | Location: Jacksonville Beach, FL | Registered: July 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pistolria:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
These two NFL players were also expressing their feeling about the Flag and what it represents.

Green Bay Packers at Jacksonville Jaguars--Sunday.9/11/16

I was at this game. Players from both teams were holding the flag! Covered the whole field, great F15 flyover, very emotional!

And this is why I won't be boycotting the NFL. Because I understand that the assholes in the league are in the minority and the majority of players are fine people just trying to play the game they love. Just like gun owners the media focuses on the shitbirds and ignores all the good players.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15276 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
"I'm no longer a starter, I blew my chance at a SuperBowl ring, I'm a nobody...."

LOOKATMELOOKATME, I'm taking a STAND AGAINST THE MAN!!!!

- Kapernick

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
If the NFL had any balls, they would bring in a dozen cops and have them stand in front of the kneelers (with their backs to them) during the anthem.

I would also have the flag bearers march right up in front of them.

Let's make this face to face.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
"I'm no longer a starter, I blew my chance at a SuperBowl ring, I'm a nobody...."

- Kapernick

When this asshole got in during garbage time the network kept cutting over to the "thank you Colin" signs by the assholes holding it. Mad

Posts: 23195 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Steelers, Redskins stand together, hold American flag during anthem.
quote:
LANDOVER, Md. -- Every member of the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Washington Redskins stood for Monday night's National Anthem in Landover, MD.

They took their stand one step further and held the giant American flag alongside members of the United States military during the singing of the National Anthem at FedEx field.

Redskins coach, Jay Gruden weighed in on the situation before the game and said his team would "stand up and give respect."

Steelers coach, Mike Tomlin explained how his team wanted to honor their teammate, Alejandro Villanueva, former U.S. Army Ranger that received the Bronze Star for serving three tours in Afghanistan. He said "I know all of our players will be standing out of respect for their teammate, Alejandro Villanueva."

The teams standing side by side, holding the red, white and blue went viral on social media as 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick continues to make headlines for his ongoing protests.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sgt Neutron:
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Navy Times Update...NJP.

https://www.navytimes.com/arti...avy-is-taking-action

Keflavik NAS is being re-opened to patrol the GIUK Gap, I understand there's a number of billets that need filling.

Iceland is actually sort of nice. Too bad the Naval facility at Adak closed, it would be a much better place for exile.

Was thinking Adak but, it's no longer in use. Diego Garcia would be too warm, thinking cold, windy. Thule in Greenland would be ideal also, wonder her rate and can she be on-loan to the USAF.

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

- Kapernick

And look at the 49ers now; Kaepernick is now the face of the team. Not a Joe Montana or a Jerry Rice, but a benchwarmer loser.

How far the Niners have fallen.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17153 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The NFL has announced that on week 13 they are going to relax their strict uniform policy and allow players to wear something to show support for a cause or charity of their choice. Not sure how far they are going to let this go but I'm guessing it will be kept to a simple ribbon or arm band. Who knows but I'm sure it will be a interesting mixed bag. I won't watch either way. Opening day ratings were down by 11%. If this continues it will be the only thing that will make the NFL get their players in line.

My interest was waning with football over the last few years so this entire episode was just what was needed to push me over the edge and just be done with the entire league.

My problem is more with the NFL then it is with the majority of players.

Anytime entertainers or sports intersects with politics you get stupidity. I won't knowingly expose myself to stupidity.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Anytime entertainers or sports intersects with politics you get stupidity. I won't knowingly expose myself to stupidity.
Celebrities who depend on being followed by the general population of the country would be well advised to ignore political statements and other controversies. The chances of turning off at least half of your followers is a serious risk.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Opening day ratings were down by 11%. If this continues it will be the only thing that will make the NFL get their players in line.

My interest was waning with football over the last few years so this entire episode was just what was needed to push me over the edge and just be done with the entire league.

If true, that's a large enough percentage to make advertisers sit up and take notice. We'll see if the trend continues. If a couple major advertisers start seeking to renegotiate their ad buys, THAT will make the NFL take some sort of action.

And same as you, my interest of late in the game has declined. This was just the final straw. I only watched about 5 minutes of NFL during the pre-season. Switched it off once this flap started. I had plenty of other stuff to keep me occupied on Sunday. Even got some more reloading done.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:
quote:
Opening day ratings were down by 11%. If this continues it will be the only thing that will make the NFL get their players in line....

If true, that's a large enough percentage to make advertisers sit up and take notice. We'll see if the trend continues. If a couple major advertisers start seeking to renegotiate their ad buys, THAT will make the NFL take some sort of action....

Bottom line, pro sports couldn't care less about the conduct/ethics/criminal behavior of their players, as long as they can sell tickets and advertising.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
The NFL has announced that on week 13 they are going to relax their strict uniform policy and allow players to wear something to show support for a cause or charity of their choice.

They will be reversing the policy of banning Dallas from wearing stickers supporting local police?

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:
The NFL has announced that on week 13 they are going to relax their strict uniform policy and allow players to wear something to show support for a cause or charity of their choice.

They will be reversing the policy of banning Dallas from wearing stickers supporting local police?

They haven't said as much but I would guess it would be allowed that one time.

That was the crux of the matter to me. When they prohibited the Cowboys from honoring those murdered officers by wearing a simple quarter size sticker on their helmets and then allowed their players to protest the national anthem based on the very premise that resulted in these officers being murdered was infuriating.

This entire line of bull shit all started in Ferguson with the big lie "hands up don't shoot".

All these players who are engaging in this protest have availed themselves of every opportunity this country has afforded them. Most of them got a free education (if they actually attended class) on a athletic scholarship which eventually allowed them to sign multi million dollar contracts in the NFL.

Kapper Dick and those like him and the entire NFL can now fade into obscurity because their 15 minutes are up with me.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8617 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:

- Kapernick

And look at the 49ers now; Kaepernick is now the face of the team. Not a Joe Montana or a Jerry Rice, but a benchwarmer loser.

How far the Niners have fallen.

I had been a 49ers fan for decades up until now. It was the only sport I watched on TV, it was the only sticker I put on the rear window of my truck (49ers sticker), and now I have no interest in watching the 49ers or the NFL.

If Glock or Sig did something that went against my core beliefs, I'd boycott them - but it would be difficult because I really like their products. But this boycott of the NFL is not difficult because I see these assholes like Kaepernick as being so stupid, gullible, dis-respectable and characterless, they disgust me and I just don't want to patronize them in any way.

The entire movement - the BLM and the "social justice warriors" - is all based on LIES! What kind of idiot looks at all of the information readily available on the subject then concludes that Michael Brown had his hands in the air trying to surrender? Or that Trayvon Martin was a sweet little kid who was murdered just for wearing a hoodie? Indeed, the whole idea that Black people are persecuted by Whites and/or police officers is patently ridiculous. Every time we see dash-cam video of an incident between an LEO and a Black citizen, we're left asking, "Why didn't the Black citizen just cooperate with the LEO? Why didn't they just give the LEO their DL, registration, and proof of insurance, then fight the ticket in a court room rather than engage the LEO right there on the street? Why can't the Black citizen just follow the laws of the land like everybody else?" But BLM and SJWs see the same video and conclude there's some kind of bias on the part of LEOs. To give BLM and SJWs any credit at all marks you as an uninformed, gullible fool.

Lastly, of all the Black peoples of the world, the Black people of America enjoy the highest standard of living. Rather than being grateful for that fact, they complain and claim they're persecuted - and all you have to do is watch Colin Flaherty's videos on youtube to see how absolutely ridiculous that claim is!

These are actually called "Colin Kaepernick - Police Pig Socks" by the retailer!

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10830 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
Bottom line, pro sports couldn't care less about the conduct/ethics/criminal behavior of their players, as long as they can sell tickets and advertising.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ WWCD? (I didn't mean What Would Christ Do? That hadn't occurred to me--I meant Winner Winner Chicken Dinner?)

flashguy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flashguy,

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
Steelers, Redskins stand together, hold American flag during anthem.
quote:
LANDOVER, Md. -- Every member of the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Washington Redskins stood for Monday night's National Anthem in Landover, MD.

They took their stand one step further and held the giant American flag alongside members of the United States military during the singing of the National Anthem at FedEx field.

Redskins coach, Jay Gruden weighed in on the situation before the game and said his team would "stand up and give respect."

Steelers coach, Mike Tomlin explained how his team wanted to honor their teammate, Alejandro Villanueva, former U.S. Army Ranger that received the Bronze Star for serving three tours in Afghanistan. He said "I know all of our players will be standing out of respect for their teammate, Alejandro Villanueva."

The teams standing side by side, holding the red, white and blue went viral on social media as 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick continues to make headlines for his ongoing protests.

I read that Steeler James Harrison put on his Facebook that if you were on his team and didn't stand for the National Anthem you better have a broken leg. If you did not, you would Smile

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2249 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
In a few years, he'll get arrested for felony domestic assault, felony drug possession, a DUI related death, and we'll look around and say "I remember that name from somewhere".

Just another asshole with no real talent who has a soapbox that has been given to him. An asshole who will piss it all away and we'll read about his arrest, and wonder where we heard that name from.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37173 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poacher:
I read that Steeler James Harrison put on his Facebook that if you were on his team and didn't stand for the National Anthem you better have a broken leg. If you did not, you would Smile
Now, that's a man I could support!

flashguy