SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"...
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 25
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"... Login/Join 
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Eric Reid of SF and Jeremey Lane of Seattle have joined Kaeperdork in their stupid protest. Rush is right... these assholes keep it up and the NFL keeps playing its PC bullshit and their collective meal tickets may shrink significantly.

I think someone said early in this thread that if the NFL didn't get a handle on it early, it would get out of hand. Now it has.

I said on another board discussing this that while he does have a 1st amendment right to protest, he doesn't have that while "on the clock" at his job. But given that the NFL has not put a stop to it, they are condoning it. So now BLM has the imprimatur of the NFL. As to what Rush said, I think I'll just tune out the NFL until they course correct.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Posts: 8365 | Registered: July 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I wish some players would wear Blue Lives Matter shirts at practice. I'm curious what the coaches and NFL would say about that.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I couldn't be home during the game, so I listened to it on the radio. What a strange feeling it was! I've been a 49er fan for 44 years and this was the first time I ever hoped the 49er quarterback would get his ass whupped, and that he would fumble, get sacked, or throw interceptions! Strange feeling for sure. But, it was a pre-season game, so it doesn't count, and I hoped that if Capanig did extremely poorly, maybe they would give the starting position to Blane next week.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10830 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
The "Cops are Pigs" socks and Chip Kelly allowing him to wear them during practice, just goes to show what Pieces of Shit both of those assholes are.

I'm curious why you left out the NFL. If they can stop Dallas from honoring fallen police officers, they can stop this. Silence is concurrence. They have chosen a side.

(Before somebody says "First Amendment", the 1A restricts the government (specifically Congress). It holds no sway over an employer.)

Posts: 526 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Kaepernick last night

Kaepernick has been watching too many 1970s movies

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Idiots.

Has anyone one of these "activists" offered any solutions to this suppose "racial injustice"?

Posts: 10192 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Kaepernick last night

What a total useless piece of shit asshole.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:
Idiots.

Has anyone one of these "activists" offered any solutions to this suppose "racial injustice"?

Yes, they have unfortunately....it all boils down to a claim for "reparations" from the mouth of BLM supporters and black panthers. Personally I'll agree to it. Here's $10K for every slave I ever owned and oppressed or every person racially different than myself that I've ever oppressed. [hands over empty brown paper lunch bag].

I would imagine virtually all Americans would have a similar payout.

BTW...I'm a born and raised American but also a minority by parent heritage.

Mr. Pig Socks is just a child screaming out for attention as his "career" goes down the toilet. Look at the pouty look on his face. Disgusting.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4416 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:
Idiots.

Yes, they have unfortunately....it all boils down to a claim for "reparations" from the mouth of BLM supporters and black panthers. Personally I'll agree to it. Here's $10K for every slave I ever owned and oppressed or every person racially different than myself that I've ever oppressed. [hands over empty brown paper lunch bag].

I would imagine virtually all Americans would have a similar payout.

BTW...I'm a born and raised American but also a minority by parent heritage.

Mr. Pig Socks is just a child screaming out for attention as his "career" goes down the toilet. Look at the pouty look on his face. Disgusting.
Reparations is not a solution to this suppose "problem".

My paper bag would also be empty.

Posts: 10192 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If your not sympathetic to the blm, you're an Uncle Tom. With that belief, nothing will move forward. Reparation people would be broke or dead after a weekend.

Our Country needs men such as Col. West, Sheriff David Clark & Dr Thomas Sowell right off the top of my head. I'd follow those men anywhere.

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herknav:
quote:
The "Cops are Pigs" socks and Chip Kelly allowing him to wear them during practice, just goes to show what Pieces of Shit both of those assholes are.

I'm curious why you left out the NFL. If they can stop Dallas from honoring fallen police officers, they can stop this. Silence is concurrence. They have chosen a side.

(Before somebody says "First Amendment", the 1A restricts the government (specifically Congress). It holds no sway over an employer.)

You're right, I should have included the league. However, they're not an all seeing eye and the head coach of the 49ers would know a lot faster than league officials what someone is wearing during practice so I first lay the blame on the player, then the coach, team ownership and finally the league. But yeah, the NFL is in trouble allowing this bullshit.

Posts: 3371 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
My paper bag would be [full of contempt and disgust].

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5905 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herknav:
quote:

That I know of the NFL does not have any uniform requirements for practices. If Dallas wants to wear full police uniforms during practice they could. That's up to the Dallas Cowboys themselves. The NFL only controls what is worn at games. I could be wrong but I've never heard of anyone being in trouble for anything they wore at practice, but players get fined all the time for game apparel. My guess is if asshole tries to wear those socks in a game he will be in trouble for it. You'll notice that in the picture above of the game last night he is not wearing those socks.

Remember that the teams are franchises. The NFL does not control every aspect of every team. The blame for Kapernicks actions fall solely on Kapernick, Kelly and the 49rs organization.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15276 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
If your not sympathetic to the blm, you're an Uncle Tom. With that belief, nothing will move forward. Reparation people would be broke or dead after a weekend.

Our Country needs men such as Col. West, Sheriff David Clark & Dr Thomas Sowell right off the top of my head. I'd follow those men anywhere.

I guess I'm an uncle Tom. Does our club have a membership t-shirt to help us identify other members?

Posts: 7740 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Remember that the teams are franchises. The NFL does not control every aspect of every team. The blame for Kapernicks actions fall solely on Kapernick, Kelly and the 49rs organization.
the nfl's inaction & silence does have consequnces and sends their message loud and clear.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:

I would add the Dallas Chief of Police. I was pretty impressed by him during the BLM massacre of those Dallas cops.

Posts: 6567 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:

They certainly have. The NFL controls every aspect of their conduct on game day. If they wanted to put a stop to this they would. I think the NFL's sponsors need to be sent a message that we aren't putting up with this.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One more news topic/item that includes the letter "K" as the beginning letter of subject's name that I will ignore: that includes the Klan, Kanye, Kardashian, and now Kapernick.

One question before I leave this subject: does Mr. Kapernick really think his actions are going to induce me to hear his views on these topics near and dear to his hear, that apparently we've never had a national dialogue on? Obviously not holding my breath on an answer.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1548 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post