SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"...
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 25
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

S.F. 49er's QB won't stand during National Anthem because the U.S. "oppresses black people"... Login/Join 
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Too many grown assed adults addicted to watching men run around in spandex for him to get any real punishment over this.

Posts: 10040 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:
Now Seattle:

http://www.seattletimes.com/sp...l-anthem-in-oakland/

I'm dismayed a member of the Seattle Seahawks would join this nonsense.

However, the NFL should allow the players the freedom to sit during the Anthem, with the understanding they won't be playing in the game.
Sit during the National Anthem, sit during the game.

That should be the policy of the NFL.

The lack of respect for our flag and for our nation by these players is a direct reflection on the team ownership and the NFL. The league needs to deal with it now.

Posts: 1795 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I'm firmly with the "I sign the paycheck, my rules" side. Since no one is stopping it I infer they condone it.

I'd love to shave off his Christie Love tribute hairdo and stuff it in his taint. Let his activist girlfriend choke on it.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Too many grown assed adults addicted to watching men run around in spandex for him to get any real punishment over this.

I think almost all real NFL fans are disgusted by CK's behavior but the commissioner doesn't care.

I do follow sports news including ESPN and I'm surprised by the number of black players raised in military households. They aren't too happy with what's going on.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Fellas I am not real sure why anyone gives a shit about this.

If this does bother you, the simplest way to get the NFL to give a shit, is to shut their money off as a direct result of this. Until you do that, they will continue to do whatever they want. They are getting paid.

This is just like gun control in NY, MA or any of the other communist states. You can write your congressmen, etc, and post memes on FB.....until you cut their money off, they are going to continue to do whatever they want. They are getting paid.

message ends.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37173 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XinTX:
I said on another board discussing this that while he does have a 1st amendment right to protest, he doesn't have that while "on the clock" at his job. But given that the NFL has not put a stop to it, they are condoning it. So now BLM has the imprimatur of the NFL. As to what Rush said, I think I'll just tune out the NFL until they course correct.

I like to point out that the First Amendment is a shield against GOVERNMENT censorship, not against the neighbors leaving flaming bags of dogshit on my porch because of my views, or against my employer cutting me loose if I bring disrepute upon the organization.

The NFL could strip this ass-clown of his pulpit and return him to his rightful anonymity and irrelevance. They could, but they don't. THIS is the constituency they'd like to retain.

Worthless bastards, each and all.

Posts: 2521 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take a lesson idiot Kapernick, you ought to be spending your fifteen minutes with kids like this.

http://abc13.com/news/beloved-...inal-cancer/1495110/

Posts: 3645 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I'm not in the habit of watching overpaid, underworked professional athletes playing children's games on tv, but I suppose I could be persuaded if some linebacker would bust both of little Colin's knees on his first game of the season.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Fellas I am not real sure why anyone gives a shit about this.

If this does bother you, the simplest way to get the NFL to give a shit, is to shut their money off as a direct result of this. Until you do that, they will continue to do whatever they want. They are getting paid.

I agree with you, I do. In my mind I do. But my body wonders where he was when myself and others were getting rocketed. Suck up your $ millions asshole. I may not have a rich life but I will have a full life.

Kiss your smelly socks you shit pump.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am all for the exercise of first amendment rights but some think those rights come without consequences . Sitting during the anthem is his right . Booing his ass off is mine and firing him is the owner's right .

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormwalker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Authorities in Northern California have threatened to stop working San Francisco 49ers games in response to Colin Kaepernick sitting during the national anthem in protest of police brutality and racial injustice.

In a letter obtained by KNTV, the Santa Clara police union told the 49ers organization that officers wouldn’t work at the stadium if it doesn’t “take action” against Kaepernick over his protest. The station noted that about 70 Santa Clara police officers work eight home games per year.

"The board of directors of the Santa Clara Police Officer's Association has a duty to protect its members and work to make all of their workings environments free of harassing behavior,” the letter added.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/...ick-controversy.html

I hope they actually go through with it, commissioner Goodell is a steaming pile of shit.

Posts: 553 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Fellas I am not real sure why anyone gives a shit about this....

Just another example of crumbling values in America, which in time will spread and will hit all of us.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
All this media attention and hand-wringing is giving young Colin exactly what he wants: more attention. What it's not getting is any actual ACTION.

If he really wanted to make a difference, he'd get off his butt (instead of sitting on it) and go MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Don't just bitch and whine about "this country isn't doing enough for" someone; go HELP that someone. Go volunteer to coach at the local schools. Donate some of the stack of money you make to the school system so kids can have the opportunity you claim they're not getting. Buy a stack of supplies for the local school system. Go help the Red Cross serve some meals or clean up after natural disasters. Give blood. Help out the local Boy Scouts / Girl Scouts. Volunteer at the hospital or the nursing home. Put some skin in the game! Put some effort in, instead of just whining and complaining and dorking around on social media. Hashtags and protests don't get work done; WORK gets work done. Mad

Sit there and complain that nobody's doing enough? Heck, no! Go DO SOMETHING TO HELP! Be useful! Don't just be a whiny-butt.

/rant

God bless America.

Posts: 13864 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Dipstick will be let go because he is not that good. Most if not all the other NFL teams will not consider him for their team. This fulfills his "I'm being persecuted because of my beliefs and stance on these issues" which will further radicalize him. He will convert to Islam to satisfy his radical BLM and Muslim girlfriend. A year or so from now we will hear about him getting indicted for sending money/support to ISIS or he will be indicted for planning on bringing a bunch of terrorists into the stadium for a special ISIS inspired half time show....and will any of us be surprised when it happens? Not me.

Posts: 4054 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
Dipstick will be let go because he is not that good. Most if not all the other NFL teams will not consider him for their team. This fulfills his "I'm being persecuted because of my beliefs and stance on these issues" which will further radicalize him. He will convert to Islam to satisfy his radical BLM and Muslim girlfriend. A year or so from now we will hear about him getting indicted for sending money/support to ISIS or he will be indicted for planning on bringing a bunch of terrorists into the stadium for a special ISIS inspired half time show....and will any of us be surprised when it happens? Not me.

You may well be correct here, except, if Hilary wins, said dipstick will not get indicted, he will get appointed to some senior level position in her administration. Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
All this media attention and hand-wringing is giving young Colin exactly what he wants: more attention. What it's not getting is any actual ACTION.

If he really wanted to make a difference, he'd get off his butt (instead of sitting on it) and go MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Don't just bitch and whine about "this country isn't doing enough for" someone; go HELP that someone. Go volunteer to coach at the local schools. Donate some of the stack of money you make to the school system so kids can have the opportunity you claim they're not getting. Buy a stack of supplies for the local school system. Go help the Red Cross serve some meals or clean up after natural disasters. Give blood. Help out the local Boy Scouts / Girl Scouts. Volunteer at the hospital or the nursing home. Put some skin in the game! Put some effort in, instead of just whining and complaining and dorking around on social media. Hashtags and protests don't get work done; WORK gets work done. Mad

Sit there and complain that nobody's doing enough? Heck, no! Go DO SOMETHING TO HELP! Be useful! Don't just be a whiny-butt.

/rant

Problem is, that would serve others, Kap wants only to serve himself.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

That's basically what 99% of politicians are already doing, is it not?

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:
Take a lesson idiot Kapernick, you ought to be spending your fifteen minutes with kids like this.

http://abc13.com/news/beloved-...inal-cancer/1495110/

Or maybe like this fine gent.

http://www.people.com/article/...-autistic-6th-grader

Fuck Kapernick and his ilk,

Posts: 1081 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:

... despite his claim that he's protesting for others.... Wink

It's like he's shouting, "Look at me! Look at me! I'm offended on someone else's behalf! Look at me!" Roll Eyes

God bless America.

Posts: 13864 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:

That's basically what 99% of politicians are already doing, is it not?

You are correct. And sadly, 99% of politicians say they are serving the people while serving themselves. More sadly, 50% of the populace believe the politicians lies.