SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Any work on the MPX-K version (in pistol format)?

My Cabelas 30rd mags finally shipped and I'm still sans MPX of any variety - trying to figure out if its worth the wait for the 4.5" barrel model, as the 8" doesn't do anything for me.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quite a few pics of the K model showing up on Sig's Instagram lately...

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, I'm new to the forum but so far find it very informative. Particularly this thread since I own a MPX. I have read the entire thing and understand there is great angst with the vertical looseness of the charging handle and the marks/damage it is doing. Mine is the same but after at least 5,000 rounds the gun works flawlessly and it doesn't appear the charging handle issue is getting any worse. I'm taking the gun to the range again tomorrow to let my sons that are home from college shoot it. I can only think about the fun we'll have shooting it. I have full confidence it will continue to function just fine...probably for the rest of my life. But even if it breaks next week, month, or year(s) I'll be disappointed that it will cause a delay in my ability to shoot it but I'll just send it back for repair. Should it break. No. Do things break. Yes. My body is starting to break...I sure do wish it came with a warranty. LOL.

quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

My Cabelas 30rd mags finally shipped and I'm still sans MPX of any variety - trying to figure out if its worth the wait for the 4.5" barrel model, as the 8" doesn't do anything for me.

I'm in the same boat. My 10 MPX magazines from Cabela's (ordered back in December) should be here in the next few days. But I still don't own an MPX. Even if the MPXK were released right now, I'm still not sure I would buy one because of the charging handle issue, and non-caliber conversions.

Posts: 12 | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'll tell you what it will do for you - put a light on it and out of the box it will provide a damn fine home defense weapon. Plus one heck of a lot of fun to shoot!

So play with it for now. When the 4.5" barrels become available, buy one and own both. Or have your 8" barrel cut. Or not.

Lot's of options Cool

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:

I'm in the same boat. My 10 MPX magazines from Cabela's (ordered back in December) should be here in the next few days. But I still don't own an MPX. Even if the MPXK were released right now, I'm still not sure I would buy one because of the charging handle issue, and non-caliber conversions.

Was that the deal where Cabela's had the mags for like $20? I ordered 10 and they cancelled my order like a week later without even contacting me. I called them and they claimed they didn't have any incoming and didn't know when they would be in stock and canceled it.

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes mine were - not sure whey they cancelled some orders and not the others from that Cabela's deal.

They emailed me offering to cancel my order since it would be awhile, I emailed them back and said "Never cancel this order, I will wait".

posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes mine were - not sure whey they cancelled some orders and not the others from that Cabela's deal.

They emailed me offering to cancel my order since it would be awhile, I emailed them back and said "Never cancel this order, I will wait".

They didn't give me a choice, i got an email stating it was cancelled which provoked my call to their CS and i told them to reinstate my order and they wouldn't.

I always wondered if there were some that remained active and slipped through. Kind of upsetting... not surprisingly, i always have bad luck with this stuff like my 3 lug adapters that were suppose to be 2-3 weeks and is now 9, still haven't received them and last week sportsmansguide.com had 500 rds of .308 for $210, was a pricing error and they also cancelled my order...

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
quote:

I'll tell you what it will do for you - put a light on it and out of the box it will provide a damn fine home defense weapon. Plus one heck of a lot of fun to shoot!

So play with it for now. When the 4.5" barrels become available, buy one and own both. Or have your 8" barrel cut. Or not.

Lot's of options Cool

Sig currently has a $200 rebate for their sig store with certain guns, just bought a P716 and will use the $200 towards a 4.5" mpx barrel

I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Not a Cabelas Club member, my 5 MPX mags should be here early next week. Same goes for a buddy who ordered 5 as well.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5425 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not a Cabela's club member. Might have been first come, first served when they realized they were going to chop some orders off.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by deadmanmike:
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Looks like the MPX-C is coming!

That is the rifle, not the MPX-C.

My bad. I thought that the rifle was replacing the carbine version.

LDD, have you heard anything about the 10rd MPX mags?

There is no 10mm in the works, Kevin Brittingham mentioned a "10mm MPX" as a joke.

a terrible joke, warranting public flogging.

same for the SIG team/staff who didn't design it for 10mm from the beginning.

shame shame, with plenty to go around.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
It seems like quite a few lucky ba$tards got on that deal. I remember somebody here was even able to order 20 before they started cancelling orders.

quote:
Not a Cabela's club member. Might have been first come, first served when they realized they were going to chop some orders off.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked my 4 MPX 30rds mags up today. Better to be lucky than good sometimes! Wink

Now for the MPX-K to come out... while the 8" is probably pretty neat, I already have a 9MM AR SBR that keeps me happy right now, but the form factor o the MPX-K has lots of attraction.

posted Hide Post
LDD,

So is the barrel length on the K version still 4.5"? I heard somewhere that it will be 4", but all Sig's information still says 4.5"

Posts: 162 | Location: WA State | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
So I got to finally handle an MPX today.. and I think I'm in love.

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1589 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah the Lancer mags are solid and appear to be very well made.

Hoping the MPX-K is out soon - I'd even buy it if it's 9MM only but I don't want to deal with the SIG bait and switch, ie "you'll be able to easily convert with barrels and rail", which of course wont be available forever - ala the P250 / P320, and now semi-defunct MCX.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tpd312:
LDD,

So is the barrel length on the K version still 4.5"? I heard somewhere that it will be 4", but all Sig's information still says 4.5"

I have a set of questions out and am hoping the answers will be back shortly, hoping that will be one of them.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Yeah the Lancer mags are solid and appear to be very well made.

Hoping the MPX-K is out soon - I'd even buy it if it's 9MM only but I don't want to deal with the SIG bait and switch, ie "you'll be able to easily convert with barrels and rail", which of course wont be available forever - ala the P250 / P320, and now semi-defunct MCX.

Whoa, the MCX is already on it's way out??

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The MCX is not on it's way out. Please, you read one negative thing on the internet from one of your heros and now it's on it's way out? I don't think so.

Posts: 162 | Location: WA State | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bent but not broken
Picture of maddy345
posted Hide Post
Sig posted on their instagram pics of the next production MCX rifles ready to ship.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

God bless the Motor Life Boat and the men & women that run them!

Posts: 3955 | Location: Just out of reach | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post