SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 134 135 136 137

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

Same old stuff. Look for a Gen 2 gun as they can use the cheaper gen 1 mags.

Both generations can use both mags but with varying reliability results. My Gen I gun used Gen II mags flawlessly. My Gen II cant use Gen I mags if using JHP ammo, but will feed FMJ without issue. Reports vary. The short version is that results are dependent on your particular MPX and the ammo you're using.

Posts: 4270 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
DSgrouse

Thank you for the heads up on the mag compatibility. I doubt I'll find one used but it would be nice to pick one up for sub $2,000.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 6490 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bare bones
posted Hide Post
This writeup answered questions I didn't know I didn't know. Well done & thank you.

"Only the Dead Have Seen an End to War" Plato.

Posts: 1175 | Location: South Rome, Illinois | Registered: December 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigPacker
posted Hide Post
Rainer Arms just come out with the MPX charging handle - massive improvement over stock.

Posts: 2979 | Registered: December 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigPacker:
Rainer Arms just come out with the MPX charging handle - massive improvement over stock.

In what way is it an improvement over stock?

Posts: 8758 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's bigger, duh!

Posts: 901 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSGM:
quote:

It's bigger, duh!

I can see that and don't consider that an improvement at all, that's why I asked.

I prefer stock to that thing.

Posts: 8758 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know. It was sarcasm lost in translation. I agree the big handle is needless.

Posts: 901 | Location: Northeast GA | Registered: February 15, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
I seem to recall there was an issue with the MPX charging handle, where if you pulled both sides simultaneously, it would fail to unlock? Maybe this remedies that, since the MPX can't accept standard AR charging handles and no one had created a fix due to the proprietary nature. Just spit balling.

Posts: 1755 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vgex:
I seem to recall there was an issue with the MPX charging handle, where if you pulled both sides simultaneously, it would fail to unlock? Maybe this remedies that, since the MPX can't accept standard AR charging handles and no one had created a fix due to the proprietary nature. Just spit balling.

Well, mine doesn't have that problem and neither do the 2 others friends of mine own.

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:

Well, mine doesn't have that problem and neither do the 2 others friends of mine own.

Coolio. Must've misheard. If I can find the source, I'll post it

Posts: 1755 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve been using the Next Level Armament CH on my old MPX carbine since soon after I bought it back 6 years ago, so there are aftermarket alternatives.

Posts: 2730 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
Okay, don't flame me for posting. I don't have an MPX, although I'd love to pick one up, but this is where I heard the above re: charging handle:

https://youtu.be/kuOI0sfKD1w?t=160

Obviously this is a sample of one, and not necessarily indicative of every iteration. But when someone posted the "improved MPX CH", in the back of my mind, I thought: "Oh, they could possibly be addressing that weird issue I heard about a year back."

Sorry if my post ruffled any MPX owner's feathers.

Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I got an email from my Sig rep. They have started taking pre orders for a new 35 round MPX magazine with stainless feed lips. Looks like MAP pricing will be set at $36.99

Thril SM9 MPX Magazine

Posts: 7093 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay, don't flame me for posting. I don't have an MPX, although I'd love to pick one up, but this is where I heard the above re: charging handle:

https://youtu.be/kuOI0sfKD1w?t=160

Obviously this is a sample of one, and not necessarily indicative of every iteration. But when someone posted the "improved MPX CH", in the back of my mind, I thought: "Oh, they could possibly be addressing that weird issue I heard about a year back."

Sorry if my post ruffled any MPX owner's feathers.

I'm not flaming you and this is the first I heard of this "problem".

So I pulled my MPX out and tried to get the failure shown in the video and it didn't happen. Mine works perfectly as is.

I talked to my two friends who have MPXs and had them try, and they had the same results, which is no problem whatsoever.

We've all got Gen2 MPX's and we all have 8 inch barrels and we bought them all in about a 4 month time frame.

So at least one, the one in the video, has a problem and at least 3 don't have the problem.

And the video said theirs was the Gen 3 and that may be the solution to the quandry. Gen 2 doesn't have a problem but Gen 3 does...maybe.

What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:

I'm not flaming you and this is the first I heard of this "problem".

So I pulled my MPX out and tried to get the failure shown in the video and it didn't happen. Mine works perfectly as is.

I talked to my two friends who have MPXs and had them try, and they had the same results, which is no problem whatsoever.

We've all got Gen2 MPX's and we all have 8 inch barrels and we bought them all in about a 4 month time frame.

So at least one, the one in the video, has a problem and at least 3 don't have the problem.

And the video said theirs was the Gen 3 and that may be the solution to the quandry. Gen 2 doesn't have a problem but Gen 3 does...maybe.

It was probably just a one off or rare issue. I did not investigate, as I haven't been in a position to purchase. My mistake.