SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
What is the size of the bolt that holds the sig brace folding mechanism to the lower? It is the one that goes in the rear of the lower, the same direction as the barrel.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1//4 x 28 TPI.

Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA

Posts: 25 | Registered: May 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Titleiiarms:
1//4 x 28 TPI.

Thanks. I assumed it was metric and not 1/4"-28.

Posts: 1158 | Location: USA | Registered: December 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was surprised too. We use to use that hole for our mounts but went to Nylon Tipped screws in the side. The rear hole is mostly taken up by the Bolt bumper screw and didn't leave a lot on the other side of the rail without swapping the 3/4 long one with a 1/2". Some people even had less threads available depending on how tight the rubber bumper bolt was.

Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA

Posts: 25 | Registered: May 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those interested, I posted a writeup and pics regarding the gas valve. I figured it'd be easiest to have it's own thread and not push this one out to more pages on that side topic. Here's the link:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6330062583

Posts: 30 | Registered: May 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LDD,

Any update on the version 2 receiver and the charging handle fix?

Posts: 162 | Location: WA State | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tpd312:
LDD,

Official word is: Q4 for the Gen2 uppers as a separate purchase. (MPX-Ks and MPX Carbines will also be Gen2 and released around the same time).

SIG is "looking into" the charging handle issue. They know there is dissatisfaction with the current design. IMO, it would be unwise to release a Gen2 upper and not address this problem.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by tpd312:
LDD,

Official word is: Q4 for the Gen2 uppers as a separate purchase. (MPX-Ks and MPX Carbines will also be Gen2 and released around the same time).

SIG is "looking into" the charging handle issue. They know there is dissatisfaction with the current design. IMO, it would be unwise to release a Gen2 upper and not address this problem.

Thank you for the update, LDD!

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never thought about Disney having a team, but it makes sense. I'm sure they are a target as an iconic symbol of America.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Disney is a very liberal business and no they do not have a special response team. They have security guards and either a few off duty or retired cops working plain clothes.

Posts: 162 | Location: WA State | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ergoproxy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
If I may be so bold, I think it was a reaction to the first post from "Drz" on the previous page (42). .......

Agreed. I think some people didnt get Para's comments and continue on Mickey tactics and $hit. Please get back on the topic on hand....MPX.

Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
I've tried to read up on the MPX, but I guess I'm being lazy and don't want to read the entire 43+ pages. So, is it better to just wait until the Gen2 comes out? The Gen1 won't allow caliber conversions and has some issues with the charging handle? Or, I can still do caliber conversions with a switch of the upper to a Gen2 upper? Any idea how pricy they will be?

I want to just get a pistol and SBR it. I would prefer the 4.5" barrel but have someone who can cut it down, and an 8" keymod rail - assuming suppressors will fit under the rail. If I could get a Gen1 for around $1200, would that be worth it?

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
So, is it better to just wait until the Gen2 comes out?

I am personally waiting for the MPX-K, but I always wanted the shorter model.

quote:
The Gen1 won't allow caliber conversions and has some issues with the charging handle?

Yes. The Gen2 is designed to allow for caliber changes. I am hoping SIG will also address the charging handle issue as well.

quote:
Or, I can still do caliber conversions with a switch of the upper to a Gen2 upper? Any idea how pricy they will be?

quote:
I want to just get a pistol and SBR it. I would prefer the 4.5" barrel but have someone who can cut it down, and an 8" keymod rail - assuming suppressors will fit under the rail. If I could get a Gen1 for around $1200, would that be worth it?

It would probably be better for you to wait for the MPX-K, which will ship with the shorter barrel and keymod handguards by default. Your suppressor would have to be larger than 1.76" OD to not fit under the rail.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LDD,

posted Hide Post
I am really hoping Sig will release the integral SD silencer but that may never happen. Fortunately looks like Innovative Arms is already working on something, check out the video below!
https://youtu.be/qRqzo7graMc

I'm not sure how effective this would be compared to my current planned setup of a 3-lug (if I ever get my adapter from Tros) and an Octane 9 with the option for a Griffin Revolution K for compact and a Thompson SG-2 for mega volume! It's good to have options!

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
A CZ Scorpion Evo will have to tide me over until the MPX-K and Gen2 come out from SIG. It's obvious there are still technical hurdles from making the system work.

And 3.5 : 1 mag ratio doesn't hurt either!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
still technical hurdles from making the system work.

A little disconnected here....What exactly are the issues ?
Thanks.

Posts: 420 | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by schatzperson:
quote:
still technical hurdles from making the system work.

A little disconnected here....What exactly are the issues ?
Thanks.

The issue is chamber length. The .40 and .357 SIG cartridges are inherently longer than the 9mm and so necessitate a longer chamber. SIG needed more time to make a receiver that could index both the 9mm w/shorter chamber and the .40/.357 SIG barrel with longer chamber correctly.

The Gen1 upper receiver was/is 9mm only. The Gen2 receivers will be multi-caliber. Lowers will remain the same.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the headsup LLD.
To be honest the caliber interchangability might not be so hot after all, even after technical problems are solved.
I spoke to a number of shooters in Switzerland and most scratched their heads at this one, namely because it appears to be marketed for casual shooters.
All said and done however, there still is ample professional scope for a locked breach pistol caliber carbine, perhaps more so for the higher performance end rounds like the 357 sig, 9x25, 10mm etc.
A decent locked design has been long in coming.

Posts: 420 | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by schatzperson:
Thanks for the headsup LLD.
To be honest the caliber interchangability might not be so hot after all, even after technical problems are solved.
I spoke to a number of shooters in Switzerland and most scratched their heads at this one, namely because it appears to be marketed for casual shooters.
All said and done however, there still is ample professional scope for a locked breach pistol caliber carbine, perhaps more so for the higher performance end rounds like the 357 sig, 9x25, 10mm etc.
A decent locked design has been long in coming.

Maybe in Switzerland it is marketed towards casual shooters, but the MPX project overall is aimed at international LE agencies who are looking to replace their aging and no-longer supported MP5s (and who don't want UMPs, which is understandable, IMO). And by international agencies a lot of the outfits are going to be European, Middle Eastern, Asian, and possibly South/central American (i.e. places were firearms are strictly regulated and LE agencies don't have to punch body armor on a regular basis).

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:

Maybe in Switzerland it is marketed towards casual shooters, but the MPX project overall is aimed at international LE agencies who are looking to replace their aging and no-longer supported MP5s (and who don't want UMPs, which is understandable, IMO). And by international agencies a lot of the outfits are going to be European, Middle Eastern, Asian, and possibly South/central American (i.e. places were firearms are strictly regulated and LE agencies don't have to punch body armor on a regular basis).
What, not everything is designed for the US markets?!?!?!

Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post