SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I just can't believe Sig's unwillingness to work with their customers. My LGS got an MPX in last week, and after a week of people charging it and playing with it, it looks beat up. What bothers me the most is it isn't just a little bit of cosmetic wear with these guns, it keeps chipping away at itself every time the gun is used. I could see being easy with it but why the hell should I have to treat a $1500 weapon like a delicate piece of china? Sig is just hoping it goes away, or people go spend an additional 60 bucks on a "fix" that Sig should have done in the first place.

Besides the charging handle wear....how are chips out the receiver "normal" wear? I just can't wrap my head around that one.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3600 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
To change subjects a bit, I'm considering a Geissele trigger group for my MPX (after the warranty period has expired... of course Wink.

I can't decide between the SSA and the SSA-E. My MPX is going to be a CQC defensive SBR primarily, so the slightly heavier pull of the SSA seems appealing. But this will be my first Geissele trigger, so any advice is appreciated.

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
To change subjects a bit, I'm considering a Geissele trigger group for my MPX (after the warranty period has expired... of course Wink.

I can't decide between the SSA and the SSA-E. My MPX is going to be a CQC defensive SBR primarily, so the slightly heavier pull of the SSA seems appealing. But this will be my first Geissele trigger, so any advice is appreciated.

I really enjoy my s3g but that might be a bit light for you. Otherwise I vote for the E over the plain ssa

Posts: 33 | Location: Michigan  | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was new to aftermarket triggers and installed the Geissele 2 Stage (G2S) that is described on their site as an SSA without as much QC. For $165, it's about $50 less, too. I have no complaints and can't imagine how the extra $50 for an SSA would yield any perceivable improvement, especially on my MPX that isn't likely to see any precision shooting beyond 50 yards. This is an excellent trigger and is light years better than stock.

Posts: 30 | Registered: May 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I plan on putting a geissele SD-3G trigger in mine and suppressing it. I know one person complained that it was over gassed when suppressed, do you think a lighter trigger will increase action noise due to less resistance from the hammer spring against the bolt during cycling?

I've been waiting for my Trosusa.com 3 lug adapter to use as a mount. Mailed a check first week of May, was told would be 2-3 weeks. 3 weeks later was told would be shipping out in a week. 2 weeks after that still no package to realize it was never shipped. now i have to wait another 2-3 weeks...

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Steve.. Crash_Pro is correct. The 3 Lug adapter only works with the Octane suppressors. I have the 3 Lug mount for my Octane 9mm. Also, have the Ti-trant 9 and waiting on the AAC 3 lug adapter to be back in stock. But the way the barrel threads recess into the rail, the Opsprey probably won't work even with the 13.5x1LH piston.

quote:
Originally posted by CRASH_PRO:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Odin0101:
Last week I got my 3 lug adapter from Trosusa.com and just installed it. Mark easy to work with. Great little adapter. Very well made and finished nicely. Only complaint is there was no spot for me to use a wrench to tightly. Other than that great adapter.

Before taking off the flash hider and after Adapter installed (Forgot it was Left Hand tightening, lucky remembered that quickly)

VERY nice, Odin. I just got an email back from Mark and will be sending my $79 to him shortly.

From the looks of where the 3 lug adapter sits, it appears you'd be able to now attach ANY type of silencer with a 3-lug adapter? Could this be the answer to letting my Osprey 9MM work with my MPX?

Steve, as far as I'm aware there is only a 3 lug mount for the octane series, not the Osprey so this will not work for your purpose. Silencerco does make a m13.5x1LH piston for metric 9mm (like P226) and then you can buy the fixed barrel spacer but i would assume it would then hit the rail given the large rectangular shape of the Osprey and the fact the threads sit slightly inside the rail...

Posts: 7 | Registered: May 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
it isn't just a little bit of cosmetic wear with these guns, it keeps chipping away at itself

I have seen the same in most closed bolt subguns like the Fame Saf.
Shot closed bolt and open bolt UZI's , side by side and there is just no compare.
All the closed bolt blowbacks I tried , shake themselves to bits, and in one way or the other it will show.
I am surprised about the MPX because I would have thought this "issue" is solved with the gas system.
Have to add, I have yet to handle and fire an mpx.

Posts: 420 | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CRASH_PRO:
I plan on putting a geissele SD-3G trigger in mine and suppressing it. I know one person complained that it was over gassed when suppressed, do you think a lighter trigger will increase action noise due to less resistance from the hammer spring against the bolt during cycling?

I've been waiting for my Trosusa.com 3 lug adapter to use as a mount. Mailed a check first week of May, was told would be 2-3 weeks. 3 weeks later was told would be shipping out in a week. 2 weeks after that still no package to realize it was never shipped. now i have to wait another 2-3 weeks...

To be honest I didn't notice a difference it still felt overgassed. If you shoot right handed you won't notice the gas that much anyways.

Posts: 33 | Location: Michigan  | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Steve, as far as I'm aware there is only a 3 lug mount for the octane series, not the Osprey so this will not work for your purpose. Silencerco does make a m13.5x1LH piston for metric 9mm (like P226) and then you can buy the fixed barrel spacer but i would assume it would then hit the rail given the large rectangular shape of the Osprey and the fact the threads sit slightly inside the rail...

Stealing an image from this thread:

Apparently that's the M13.5x1 XL piston with the fixed barrel spacer. The "XL" version of the piston allows just enough clearance.

I think that looks PERFECT. Already ordered the piston and spacer, just waiting for Forms 1 (SBR) and 4 (suppressor) to come back!

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Stealing an image from this thread:

Apparently that's the M13.5x1 XL piston with the fixed barrel spacer. The "XL" version of the piston allows just enough clearance.

I think that looks PERFECT. Already ordered the piston and spacer, just waiting for Forms 1 (SBR) and 4 (suppressor) to come back!

that looks amazing

Posts: 149 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any feedback thus far on triggers since calling the stock trigger too heavy would be being nice.

Posts: 36 | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by johntsi:
Any feedback thus far on triggers since calling the stock trigger too heavy would be being nice.

Running an ALG QMS in mine right now, and liking it. But might take advantage of the Geissele July 4th weekend sale.

Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
http://www.cabelas.com/product...l%2BProducts&Ntt=mpx

Looks like the MPX-C is coming!

=============
Certified Sig P-Series Armorer
Certified AR-15/M16/M4 Armorer
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified Sig P320 Armorer
Certified Glock Advanced Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Posts: 1587 | Registered: June 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deadmanmike:

That is the rifle, not the MPX-C.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:

My bad. I thought that the rifle was replacing the carbine version.

LDD, have you heard anything about the 10rd MPX mags?

=============
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

There is no 10mm in the works, Kevin Brittingham mentioned a "10mm MPX" as a joke.

Picture of deadmanmike
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

There is no 10mm in the works, Kevin Brittingham mentioned a "10mm MPX" as a joke.

I was talking about the 9MM 10rd MPX magazines.. Not a 10MM MPX

=============
Certified 1911 Armorer
Certified Glock Armorer
Certified MPX Armorer
Certified MCX Armorer

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I was talking about the 9MM 10rd MPX magazines.. Not a 10MM MPX

Oh, reading fail Red Face.

I expect that they will come out the same time as the 30 and 20s, but in much lesser qtys.

I will ask when I get the chance.

posted Hide Post
Hi LDD,

Could you please also check if they are working on a fix for the charging handle issue?

Thank you.

Posts: 162 | Location: WA State | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tpd312:
Hi LDD,

Could you please also check if they are working on a fix for the charging handle issue?

Thank you.

Have already asked that question--both in terms of a fix for gen 1 uppers and if SIG plans to change gen 2 uppers/charging handles so this isn't a problem.

Haven't received a response yet.