SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am not sure what your talking about but Sig has not released a fix yet for the MPX.

Posts: 162 | Location: WA State | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe he got an MCX CH?

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are correct, it's got to be an MCX charging handle.

I compared my MPX and MCX charging handles, and the MCX is longer but otherwise identical.

Posts: 13 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 05, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am new to this forum, but have owned my MPX for 2 months now. SBR done and waiting on my can.....

I have been reading through this posting and wanted to make sure people know that the main idea of the MPX is a compact rifle meant to replace the MP5 for military and law enforcement. The civilian market is an afterthought.

LE/Military treat weapons different from civilians. Take a look at any LE 870 or AR. I bet it has scratches, dings, dents and blemishes. Do they work? You bet your sweet a**!! Do they look like hell? Yup.
Shotgun and rifle racks are very unforgiving on long guns. Same thing for pistols. Holster wear is normal, but doesn't affect the operation of the pistol. I have smashed windows with a Glock, drug a Surgeon through brambles, and pounded door knobs with an AR. These weapons are tools for me, and appearances don't mean squat.

Now that being said......I have an STI and a couple of Kimbers that are safe queens that I baby every time I shoot them. But then again, I didn't buy them for duty use and they are not combat handguns. LE/Military don't care what something looks like......as long as it is RELIABLE, ACCURATE and goes bang when the SHTF.

The scratches and wear marks that people are experiencing are normal for a combat weapon, but not for a safe queen, and as such, people should be aware that they are buying a combat weapon.

I use my MPX on duty and have run every type of 9mm I can get my hands on. It is accurate, it goes bang, and it eats anything I throw at it. Do I care if its pretty? Nope. I personally think the dents, ding, scratches and blemishes add a bit of patina!! Big Grin

Just my 2 cents.

Posts: 6 | Registered: July 17, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Drz:
I am new to this forum, but have owned my MPX for 2 months now. SBR done and waiting on my can.....

I have been reading through this posting and wanted to make sure people know that the main idea of the MPX is a compact rifle meant to replace the MP5 for military and law enforcement. The civilian market is an afterthought.

LE/Military treat weapons different from civilians. Take a look at any LE 870 or AR. I bet it has scratches, dings, dents and blemishes. Do they work? You bet your sweet a**!! Do they look like hell? Yup.
Shotgun and rifle racks are very unforgiving on long guns. Same thing for pistols. Holster wear is normal, but doesn't affect the operation of the pistol. I have smashed windows with a Glock, drug a Surgeon through brambles, and pounded door knobs with an AR. These weapons are tools for me, and appearances don't mean squat.

Now that being said......I have an STI and a couple of Kimbers that are safe queens that I baby every time I shoot them. But then again, I didn't buy them for duty use and they are not combat handguns. LE/Military don't care what something looks like......as long as it is RELIABLE, ACCURATE and goes bang when the SHTF.

The scratches and wear marks that people are experiencing are normal for a combat weapon, but not for a safe queen, and as such, people should be aware that they are buying a combat weapon.

I use my MPX on duty and have run every type of 9mm I can get my hands on. It is accurate, it goes bang, and it eats anything I throw at it. Do I care if its pretty? Nope. I personally think the dents, ding, scratches and blemishes add a bit of patina!! Big Grin

Just my 2 cents.

A valid perspective. Thanks for sharing it.

Where/how are you using your MPX on duty?

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A valid perspective. Thanks for sharing it.

Where/how are you using your MPX on duty?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the land of Okies. Gotta tweak the rifle rack a bit to get it to fit, but its on the schedule.
Our dept. has a policy that allows 9mm rifles and with the SBR I'm good. Some others have the MP5, but I prefer the MPX. I can't use the can on duty though.

posted Hide Post
Drs, out of curiosity, what ammo are you loading for duty? Is that dictated by the department or your choice? If the former, what would you choose?

Posts: 55 | Location: Gunshine State - Connecticut No More | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just my 2 cents.

I've been a cop a very long time and yes duty guns do get beat up, but still not a good idea to break windows with a handgun. It's not good officer safety especially if a badguy is on the other side of that window and I have heard of slides coming off the rails of Glocks from doing that.

Posts: 162 | Location: WA State | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in special ops at Disneyland and I use my MPX every day.

Posts: 16 | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
??

I run tactical ops at the bouncy house down the street.

Posts: 108105 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
??

I run tactical ops at the bouncy house down the street.

You, too??? Wink

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this some kind of slam on cops or something?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, first of all, we need to find out if Disneyland has its own tactical team. Check it out, get back with me and then I'll be better able to answer your question.

Posts: 108105 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tpd312:
Is this some kind of slam on cops or something?

Not a slam on cops whatsoever, but we may be curious to learn exactly what the role and responsibilities of Disney's Spec Ops Team involves.

I mean, do they drill regularly on CQC clearing of Space Mountain? Are they frequently called upon to thwart assassination attempts at the Hall of Presidents???

Inquisitive minds, you know...

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ctsheepdog:
Drs, out of curiosity, what ammo are you loading for duty? Is that dictated by the department or your choice? If the former, what would you choose?

It's pretty much up to me, but the dept hands out Gold Dot 115gr. So I figure I will shoot their stuff. Besides, I like the performance on the Gold Dot.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I've been a cop a very long time and yes duty guns do get beat up, but still not a good idea to break windows with a handgun. It's not good officer safety especially if a badguy is on the other side of that window and I have heard of slides coming off the rails of Glocks from doing that.

Trust me, the Glock was not my first choice, but it was my only option at the time. I have since acquired a punch.

I've never heard of the slides coming off, but that would definitely be something to be aware of. Kinda like the overstressed Beretta locking blocks I guess.

posted Hide Post
Yea sometimes that's all you have in your hand at the moment. I know guys that have done the old face smash with them as well, but not a good thing to do for obvious reasons.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tpd312,

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ctsheepdog:

It's pretty much up to me, but the dept hands out Gold Dot 115gr. So I figure I will shoot their stuff. Besides, I like the performance on the Gold Dot.
Cool, I have "a few" Gold Dots.

Posts: 55 | Location: Gunshine State - Connecticut No More | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
The Disney Spec Ops seems like a joke to me.

I know Disney has an extensive security team including SAR and bomb dogs. But having a tactical team just doesn't match the image that they are going for. Even their security workers are very low profile.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
If I may be so bold, I think it was a reaction to the first post from "Drz" on the previous page (42).

Surely I am wrong, but I got a weird Indy FFL vibe off of it, but then perhaps was a bit primed for such a thing.

To get a bit back on track, MPXs used for work by professionals are one thing, but the (semi-auto) ones bought by members here are much, much more likely to be "safe queens" as mentioned in the post and the damage from the charging handle flopping around is therefore not acceptable.

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post