SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by m499:
Can someone post a pic with the charging handle closed. Does any of this wear even show then??

Here are some I snapped last night.

Cosmetic-only wear seen with handle closed:

Worse than just cosmetic, this is the metal chipping off the corners of the upper:

Curved edge on underside of charging handle that's causing the issue:

And I currently have less than 50 rounds through the gun. Frown

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
quote:
Originally posted by m499:
Can someone post a pic with the charging handle closed. Does any of this wear even show then??

Here are some I snapped last night.

Cosmetic-only wear seen with handle closed:
Img...

Worse than just cosmetic, this is the metal chipping off the corners of the upper:

Img....
Curved edge on underside of charging handle that's causing the issue:

Img....
And I currently have less than 50 rounds through the gun. Frown

Yeah I've been babying?the charging handle since my first range trip. So even though I have 10k through the gun the charging handle damage looks about the same as your. (since adding paperclip I've stopped babying it and no additional damage has been noticed).

Posts: 33 | Location: Michigan  | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Please cease using this forum to promote your blog.

@parabellum: Geez. Well then then how am I supposed to drive traffic there and make BILLIONS of dollars in the lucrative blogosphere? Wink

Kidding aside, I didn't realize I was coming across as spammy, and if so, I apologize. My intent was share info that might be useful here, but I don't want to do it in an offensive manner.

I believed my post was on topic (and I'm not looking to pull this thread off-topic by asking this), but for future reference, what would have been your preferred method to share that info in a non-spammy way? Removing the link, not mentioning the source of the comment, or just not sharing the comment at all? Thx.

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Drew816
posted Hide Post
Attempt #2; any word from SIG or distributors if and when a 4" barrel version will be available to the public?

The issues shown here and SIG's response have me thinking of a DJG MP5 again... ;-)

==================================

Posts: 476 | Registered: February 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Drew816:
Attempt #2; any word from SIG or distributors if and when a 4" barrel version will be available to the public?

The issues shown here and SIG's response have me thinking of a DJG MP5 again... ;-)

Spoke to a Sip rep couple weeks ago and said they are expected to begin shipping late summer or Q4. Once the K variants begin to ship the 4" barrels will follow.

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
Never thought I'd see the day when users had to fix their new SIG firearms with paperclips. Unbelievable.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:

Never thought I'd see the day when users had to fix their new SIG firearms with paperclips. Unbelievable.

+1, sir.

At this time, am not regretting keeping my as-yet-unused, custom built AR9 bought more than two years ago as stand-in until this was available...

As have many, many others, have been patiently waiting for this to finally become available and am really disappointed with this issue.

Really feel for the folks that are having to deal with this.

Paperclips and Velcro... Roll Eyes

Posts: 4918 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
quote:

+1, sir.

At this time, am not regretting keeping my as-yet-unused, custom built AR9 bought more than two years ago as stand-in until this was available...

As have many, many others, have been patiently waiting for this to finally become available and am really disappointed with this issue.

Really feel for the folks that are having to deal with this.

Paperclips and Velcro... Roll Eyes

From my perspective, the most disappointing aspect of this is the fact that our own esteemed LDD attended Sig's media day event, and shared with us this quote from Ron Cohen...

“We’re gonna make a bad gun today…but the reaction of SIG will make you proud of us.” (Ron Cohen).

Given those works from the guy at the helm of Sig Sauer, Sig's response to the issues many of us are experiencing is, frankly, very disappointing.

To hell with Bondo and wing nuts...it's paperclips and Velcro for Sig Mad

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
From my perspective, the most disappointing aspect of this is the fact that our own esteemed LDD attended Sig's media day event, and shared with us this quote from Ron Cohen...

“We’re gonna make a bad gun today…but the reaction of SIG will make you proud of us.” (Ron Cohen)

I don't even understand what that means. Confused

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AggiePhil:
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:

“We’re gonna make a bad gun today…but the reaction of SIG will make you proud of us.” (Ron Cohen)

I don't even understand what that means. Confused

My interpretation of that statement is along the lines of..."we're not perfect, and we'll make mistakes - but the way we RESPOND to those issues will make you proud of Sig Sauer".

Clearly a misinterpretation on my part, as I was foolish enough to spend $1,300 on an MPX.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, I guess I get that. But if I were their PR person, I'd be cringing at the "We're going to make a bad gun" statement. Jeez.

Posts: 56 | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AggiePhil:
Ok, I guess I get that. But if I were their PR person, I'd be cringing at the "We're going to make a bad gun" statement. Jeez.

As well as the fact that he was allowed to be quoted saying that.

Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
The best thing to do is vote with your wallet. Sig will address this issue in future versions, but those who purchased early will have to live with what they have.

I spend a lot of money on guns and shooting related products every year. So do my buddies. I will say that this will be the last Sig product I purchase if no resolution is offered. Cosmetic or not, I don't give a damn. It's a design flaw and should be addressed and corrected. Honest wear is one thing, but this isn't normal wear. Literally every time you charge your weapon it is taking chunks out of the upper receiver. Stop and think about that for a moment.......

Posts: 1866 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Never beta test. I'll wait for Rev 1.5 or 2, whenever they have it sorted out, along with caliber conversion issues.

9MM SBR AR is still filling the 9MM need at this time.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
The best thing to do is vote with your wallet. Sig will address this issue in future versions, but those who purchased early will have to live with what they have.

I spend a lot of money on guns and shooting related products every year. So do my buddies. I will say that this will be the last Sig product I purchase if no resolution is offered. Cosmetic or not, I don't give a damn. It's a design flaw and should be addressed and corrected. Honest wear is one thing, but this isn't normal wear. Literally every time you charge your weapon it is taking chunks out of the upper receiver. Stop and think about that for a moment.......

Yeah, I tend you agree with your position on future Sig purchases. Our family spends a great deal of money each year on shooting goods. I've got a whole safe full of Sig products, and I expect more from Sig than this stuff I'm hearing about this issue. I'll stand by for a while, and see how Sig responds to this clear design issue. I'll give them a fair chance, but I'm watching this situation - closely.

Posts: 29 | Location: PA | Registered: October 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would say at this point I am left disheartened with the whole experience. This is the first Sig I have purchased though not my first firearm. Like everyone else I spend a lot of money on firearms and firearms related products and had expected much more from Sig. I am a little disspaointed they even had me ship the gun back at this point. They asked for pictures to have the gunsmith review to decide if they thought it needed to be sent back. When I was contacted and told to send it in I thought that meant he agreed there was an issue. Then to have the gun shipped back in the same condition it was sent to after the rep said....

"Hi John, they made necessary repairs to the finish. Gunsmith went through it. There should be notes in your case when it comes back. Thank you"

Like everyone else I will wait to see if Sig steps up and does something for the people who originally forked out the money to purchase the original guns. Until then the P320 and MCX I had my eye on will be put on hold to see what kind of customer service the provide to the people who buy their products. Thus far it has been far from what I would have hoped.

Posts: 36 | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by johntsi:
I would say at this point I am left disheartened with the whole experience. This is the first Sig I have purchased though not my first firearm. Like everyone else I spend a lot of money on firearms and firearms related products and had expected much more from Sig. I am a little disspaointed they even had me ship the gun back at this point. They asked for pictures to have the gunsmith review to decide if they thought it needed to be sent back. When I was contacted and told to send it in I thought that meant he agreed there was an issue. Then to have the gun shipped back in the same condition it was sent to after the rep said....

"Hi John, they made necessary repairs to the finish. Gunsmith went through it. There should be notes in your case when it comes back. Thank you"

Like everyone else I will wait to see if Sig steps up and does something for the people who originally forked out the money to purchase the original guns. Until then the P320 and MCX I had my eye on will be put on hold to see what kind of customer service the provide to the people who buy their products. Thus far it has been far from what I would have hoped.

I'm surprised at their response to you. When I blew my MK25 up with bad reloads (not my reloads) their response to me was much better.

Given the numbers of these that have been sold I think eventually they will have to come out with a fix, but it sucks they are shafting the owners that already have damage.

Whats amazing to me is that they either didn't pick up on this damage during development or maybe they just didn't care.

In any case, I still think the MPX is a great firearm, no regrets on my end about the purchase, Im just glad I found this thread before I had any significant damage develop.

Posts: 149 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by johntsi:
I would say at this point I am left disheartened with the whole experience. This is the first Sig I have purchased ...

Ouch. Probably not the type of "first time" you were hoping for. Frown

Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
I called Sig Customer Service today to ask about the issue, and the gentleman who answered the phone (Josh) seemed to know nothing about the issue.

When I asked if they had any known fix for the MPX sagging charging handle issue, his response was simply "Sagging charging handle issue?" I briefly explained and referenced this thread. He placed me on hold, talked to one of the gunsmiths in the office, and then came back and told me that the gunsmith told him:

• they are aware of the issue (well THAT's good)
  • there's nothing wrong and it's "normal wear"
  • it doesn't affect the performance of the gun
  • they do NOT have a fix currently planned
  • they "may" develop a fix in the future

I wasn't thrilled with the response, but Josh was polite, and it's not his fault, so I didn't complain further on the phone.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ferrari Steve:
I called Sig Customer Service today to ask about the issue, and the gentleman who answered the phone (Josh) seemed to know nothing about the issue.

When I asked if they had any known fix for the MPX sagging charging handle issue, his response was simply "Sagging charging handle issue?" I briefly explained and referenced this thread. He placed me on hold, talked to one of the gunsmiths in the office, and then came back and told me that the gunsmith told him:

• they are aware of the issue (well THAT's good)
  • there's nothing wrong and it's "normal wear"
  • it doesn't affect the performance of the gun
  • they do NOT have a fix currently planned
  • they "may" develop a fix in the future

I wasn't thrilled with the response, but Josh was polite, and it's not his fault, so I didn't complain further on the phone.

Thats the exact opposite of what I was told. I forget who it was I talked to (maybe Ryan?), but whoever it was told me they were aware of the issue and were working with Badger Ordnance on coming up with a new solution.

Posts: 149 | Registered: July 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post