SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Got my new charging handle today and installed it tonight, for me a big improvement, doesn't drop like the original, and fits nicely

Mind posting a picture from the side? My ambi looks like that but definiately still droops.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3612 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HRK:
Got my new charging handle today and installed it tonight, for me a big improvement, doesn't drop like the original, and fits nicely

What's the part number for the new charging handle?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bhead,

Posts: 201 | Location: Fort Lauderdale | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered STOCK-X-COLLAPSIBLE-BLK on 12/10 and my card was charged yesterday. Looks like they are catching up on the backorders.

Posts: 71 | Location: NoVA | Registered: December 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Got an email from sig the folding stock is back,... in stock...

Other side

Posts: 23749 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a solution to the "shorter" universal MPX/MCX railed tele stock that is currently being shipped...

On page 85 of your MPX user manual, is the telescoping stock schematic. The two rails are item 516/517. Telescope rod RH/LH. They are held in place by roll pin 519.

By offering the rods at the [span style='text-decoration: underline;']original "longer" length[/span], we could replace them ourselves, and eliminate the obsurd delay. So anyone who desires an MPX specific stock, [span style='text-decoration: underline;']could just order this "kit"[/span]. How simple does THAT sound?

p.s. I just ran this by SIG Customer Service, and they would send the idea to the product managers. As of now, items 516/517/519 are not available.

Let's get some traction on this idea and maybe SIG will listen.

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by armedjetflyer:
By offering the rods at the original "longer" length, we could replace them ourselves, and eliminate the obsurd delay.

It seems like it might be easy to have a machine shop put together some longer rails as well and not have to wait on Sig to decide if/when to offer these separately (which would inevitably be backordered upon release lol).

Posts: 15 | Location: Texas | Registered: December 28, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
In case anyone is interested in an MPX case, they are on sale 30% off in the sig store...

you know, just in case.... Big Grin

http://store.sigsauer.com/cata...year-blowout/id/329/

Posts: 23749 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could make a few up if theirs enough of a market. Probably add one notch to length which would add about two inches extended. Probably have to machine it to have a positive stop on the back side to prevent the rods from digging into the frame when slammed in. Who cares if it looses two inches when collapsed ?

Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA

Posts: 25 | Registered: May 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dano36
posted Hide Post
Sig CS told me there are two different stocks. The one that is shipping is the MCX with shorter rails. The original MPX is the old part number and is slowly working off backorder (mine has been on order since mid June). He advised against me changing my order to the new part number as it would cause me to get the MCX stock. That is just what I was told. I have no way to verify. Perhaps someone here who has received the original part number could measure the rails and compare to the new part number?

Posts: 72 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The "original" rails should completely fill the indentation channel on your upper. The shorter version leaves about 1 inch of unused channel remaining when the stock is fully retracted.

Posts: 92 | Location: NC | Registered: October 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The MCX is slightly shorter (about an inch) to prevent the right rod from hitting the frame near the case deflector stub/forward assist button. The MPX P and MPX C are all the same length including the Gen 2 models I have seen. They measure 9" overall from end to end and add 8.25" to the gun length from the back of the rail to rear of rubber buttstock. Thats FULLY extended. Way too short for most of us.

Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA

posted Hide Post
John @ SIG Customer Service told me today that the trigger pull length (from trigger to end of buttstock) is the same for both versions of the telescoping stock. They have discontinued the earlier version and fulfiling the backorders will take time. Based On that info, I changed my order to the new MPX/MCX version. I had my MPX telescoping stock on order since 7/3/15 & SIG CS could not give me a revised delivery date for my original MPX Telescoping stock.

Posts: 38 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Registered: February 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If they fit the MCX then all the "new ones" will be the shorter version. The current models shipping on the MPX is an inch longer.

Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA

posted Hide Post
The MPX Pistol does not ship with a telescoping stock. That would make it an SBR.

A "pistol" owner can only order the newer, and shorter, railed stock sku: STOCK-X-COLLAPSIBLE-BLK to mate after Form 1 approval.

posted Hide Post
The MPX C does ship with one. And currently is the longer one that fills the rod holes on the MPX P as well. Have all 3 types here and use for mock ups everyday.

Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA

posted Hide Post
I just received my STOCK-X-TELESCOPING-BLK just 10 days ago from SIG, and it does not fill the MPX P rail channel when fully retracted. It is 1 inch too short.

The longer version has not been available since the MCX was released. Thus, to reduce inventory, the universal stock was created.

There is no CURRENT "railed" tele available to order other than this SKU for the M platform.

posted Hide Post
I agree.. The only way to get the longer one now is on a new MPX-C. ( complete gun ) We got a new MPX-C in today and it HAS the longer rods and fills the channel all the way. SN 62B0138XX I suspect those will be gone as soon as shipped inventory runs out and the shorter ones are placed on the new guns like what they are shipping as a stock only item.

Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA

posted Hide Post
Then, machine for us a long rail kit!!

posted Hide Post

Seems like "506-Buttpad Thick" might actually be their solution to the missing inch of slot rails if in fact the lop is not the same as previously stated.

Posts: 57 | Registered: June 08, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey everyone. Just got a Gen 2 MPX and am taking it to the range today. I was cleaning it last night and noticed that there wasn't a firing pin spring. I guess it is another change from Gen 1s.

Great info on this site.

Posts: 10 | Registered: January 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post