SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
While I wait and wait and ... for my MPX-PSB-9mm, I checked out Sig 2015 catalog and noticed that the Sig 9mm SHORT sound suppressor for MPX is listed as LE/GOV sales only?
This sales restriction drives me to an AAC Ti-RANT 9s. So, that raises the question will an AAC Ti-RANT 9s function with the MPX 8" barrel? Or does anyone on this forum know what suppressor, other than Sig suppressors, works BEST with the MPX?

Additionally, with all the BATFE notices flying around on the SBX/SB15 brace restrictions when shouldered, I'm now leaning toward a MPX-SBR with folding stock - recognizing the ATF tax and paperwork long wait time.

As this MPX delivery drags out, the fog gets thicker on what/when is for sale.

Posts: 39 | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by d2randall:
While I wait and wait and ... for my MPX-PSB-9mm, I checked out Sig 2015 catalog and noticed that the Sig 9mm SHORT sound suppressor for MPX is listed as LE/GOV sales only?

I specifically asked about this.

It's because these "LE only" suppressors do not have any provision for a neilsen device.

SIG knew that civilian customers would want to use their cans on both pistols and rifles, so they are making recoil-booster accepting versions of these "LE only" cans to be available later this year.

It's not an "HK" thing. It's more of a "we don't want to sell something to someone who gets the impression that it does something it can't do."

LE who buy these will pretty much only use them on the platforms they're made for (fixed barrel subguns). Civilians will want something more flexible, SIG understands this and is accommodating that need.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A recoil booster or neilson device has no barring if it's LE or not. There are plenty of suppressors for sale without recoil boosters to civilians. You must have talked to the same Sig rep that said the MPX is shipping. Those reps don't know shit other than they wear a shirt that says Sig Sauer on it. Sorry LDD but this MPX delema has really pissed me off with Sig.

Posts: 162 | Location: WA State | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tpd312:
A recoil booster or neilson device has no barring if it's LE or not. There are plenty of suppressors for sale without recoil boosters to civilians. You must have talked to the same Sig rep that said the MPX is shipping. Those reps don't know shit other than they wear a shirt that says Sig Sauer on it. Sorry LDD but this MPX delema has really pissed me off with Sig.

The data on the SIG Suppressors and why they are marked "LE only" came directly from SIG's general merchandising manager.

I only report what's told to me. I'm not the one making up the response, but I don't get my data from sales reps who don't actually work for SIG (3rd Party Marketeers).

posted Hide Post
So all the guys working the Sig booth during Shot Show don't actually work for Sig? Why are they allowed to give out bad info about the MPX? Don't you think there is a major screw up when they say they are shipping and not one has been seen yet? I have a major problem with that. I have also been told that this is normal for the firearm industry but come on, this is beyond frustrating. You do a good job reporting what you know LDD, I just wish they would get here soon.

Posts: 162 | Location: WA State | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
So all the guys working the Sig booth during Shot Show don't actually work for Sig? Why are they allowed to give out bad info about the MPX? Don't you think there is a major screw up when they say they are shipping and not one has been seen yet? I have a major problem with that. I have also been told that this is normal for the firearm industry but come on, this is beyond frustrating. You do a good job reporting what you know LDD, I just wish they would get here soon.

Not everyone who works the floor at SHOT works directly for SIG, knowing who you are talking to is important.

I am courteous to those 3rd party guys who are hired by SIG, but I do not go to them for info.

posted Hide Post
I even talked to some of the Sig reps that I know work directly for Sig because I have seen them in pictures at the Sig Academy and even those guys said they were shipping so I don't get it.

Do you have current update? I see the MCX is shipping and becoming a big hit.

posted Hide Post
quote:
recoil booster or neilson device

Exactly, which version of the MPX have/need a recoil booster ?

Posts: 420 | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by schatzperson:
quote:

None, the MPX has a fixed barrel, like MP5, MAC 11s, etc. Sig is limiting the sales of the fixed barrel only suppressors to LE/GOV. That is their decision, thinking that the people who buy them thinks they should also work on pistols that don't have fixed barrels, and people would get mad when they can't be made to do so.

IMHO, that is not a great decision, but seeing what Sig has done so far, this is not the H&K douche move, but perhaps marketing and sales driving this decision, thinking they'd avoid problems that probably mostly exist in their head.

Posts: 86 | Location: SW Washington State | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 22cblongs:
quote:
Originally posted by schatzperson:
quote:

None, the MPX has a fixed barrel, like MP5, MAC 11s, etc. Sig is limiting the sales of the fixed barrel only suppressors to LE/GOV. That is their decision, thinking that the people who buy them thinks they should also work on pistols that don't have fixed barrels, and people would get mad when they can't be made to do so.

IMHO, that is not a great decision, but seeing what Sig has done so far, this is not the H&K douche move, but perhaps marketing and sales driving this decision, thinking they'd avoid problems that probably mostly exist in their head.

Exactly, thanks for putting it more clearly than I did.

posted Hide Post
I can understand Sig's marketing desire to sell a 9mm sound suppressor that can be adapted to a fixed barrel (i.e. MPX)or a 9mm semi-auto pistol (i.e. nielson device) to provide customer interoperability with one suppressor vice buying two.
But, why would that preclude the sale of a fixed barrel 9mm suppressor to civilians? I can think of no reason other than the Sig sales department is boosting sales with LE/GOV while the marketing department is trying to appease the civilian market by saying "be patience".

Time to Market and Timing the Market are two different things and IMHO opinion Sig has missed both because ACC is already selling a dual purpose fixed barrel/non-fixed barrel line of 9mm suppressors with 1/2x28 thread AND has explained how. That is:
"Most modern 9mm pistols employ a system of operation where the barrel and slide are locked together to contain the pressure of discharging a cartridge. In these systems it is necessary for the barrel to move within the frame, either in a straight line or with a tilting motion. The A.S.A.P. System used in the Ti-Rant, EVO and ECO series takes the weight of the silencer off the barrel, allowing it to move and the host pistol to function in a normal semi-automatic fashion. On weapons with non-moving barrels the A.S.A.P. System is not necessary and may actually damage the firearm. The fixed barrel weapon spacer replaces the driving spring in the A.S.A.P. System and allows users to safely use their Ti-Rant, EVO or ECO series silencer on host firearms with non-moving barrels."

Posts: 39 | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
It does seem silly to limit the fixed silencers to LEOs, but seeing the dumb things people do with guns, I have to agree with Sig. But I think the smarter thing would be to release the Nielsen device cans, and instruct the armorers on how to make them work on fixed barreled guns. There are more firearm dummies in the LEO world than those who are willing to take the time to buy an NFA item for themselves.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'm happy to wait until it's done right. My 9MM AR SBR will tide me over. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by d2randall:
I can understand Sig's marketing desire to sell a 9mm sound suppressor that can be adapted to a fixed barrel (i.e. MPX)or a 9mm semi-auto pistol (i.e. nielson device) to provide customer interoperability with one suppressor vice buying two.
But, why would that preclude the sale of a fixed barrel 9mm suppressor to civilians? I can think of no reason other than the Sig sales department is boosting sales with LE/GOV while the marketing department is trying to appease the civilian market by saying "be patience".

Sig wanted to provide a compact suppressor for a somewhat specific application: for use on MPX or similar type rifles/subguns with fixed barrels. So that when mounted with the suppressor, overall length does not go up too much. Thinking that only LE/GOV would be interested or able to comprehend the concept, is short sighted IMHO.

Many other companies provide fixed spacers to put onto the booster of their suppressors for fixed barrel applications, not just AAC. Silencerco, Gemtech, and I'm sure other smaller companies, do the same. Sig can and will probably do the same.

Posts: 86 | Location: SW Washington State | Registered: September 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Removed negative post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tpd312,

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
tpd312, I'll remove you from this forum if you troll it. You drag this garbage into my forum?

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First off, what is a troll? I really have no idea. And what garbage are you talking about? I am asking questions about the MPX and something I read in another forum, so I don't understand where you are coming from. Maybe you can educate me in what I said wrong because I have no clue.

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
but a poster on AR15.com posted this

BARF.com? LMAO, akin to "I heard in a gunshop".

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, AR15.com are a bunch of idiots, but I have been following the MPX thread is all.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
First off, what is a troll? I really have no idea. And what garbage are you talking about? I am asking questions about the MPX and something I read in another forum, so I don't understand where you are coming from. Maybe you can educate me in what I said wrong because I have no clue.
You bring unfounded, preposterous rumors in here, which you yourself state are BS, and you expect...what?

"I know a guy who knows a guy who knows someone who works for SIG, and they said..."

Watch how very little patience I have for this kind of nonsense. Do not bring this kind of garbage into this forum. Fair warning.

Posts: 109158 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post