SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7)
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 137
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIG SAUER MPX (Update: Exclusive Non-NFA version P7) Login/Join 
Picture of m499
posted Hide Post
That part looks like a buffer for the hammer? What's it made of?

Posts: 2680 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dieseljayy, with so many rounds downrange, what have you found to be the best cleaning interval for the gas valve?

Thank you

Posts: 30 | Registered: May 29, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by burntorange98:
Dieseljayy, with so many rounds downrange, what have you found to be the best cleaning interval for the gas valve?

Thank you

Cleaned it once around 6-7k. But I have pulled the piston out to its extended position and cleaned the caked on residue on the shaft of the piston after ever range session. (not disassembling the housing though).
Regards,
Jayy

Posts: 33 | Location: Michigan  | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
I thought being able to accept AR triggers was a design feature. Now we are supposed to accept the crappy trigger in a $1500 gun? Right.

Thanks Sig. But I'm going to start looking elsewhere.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by johntsi:
Bad news guys, looks like changing the trigger voids the warranty. Very sad considering it truly needs a lighter trigger IMO....

MPX Trigger Compatibility

The SIG MPX has a fire control group specifically designed to accommodate the high impulse of the MPX operating system. The MPX Trigger Bridge (indicated below by arrow) is in place to reduce wear and extend the life of the factory installed fire control components. Removal of the Trigger Bridge is NOT recommended and will void the warranty of the firearm. While the SIG MPX fire control components are similar to the AR15 platform, and aftermarket fire control components may fit, installation is NOT recommended in the SIG MPX. Doing so may result in damage to the MPX proprietary fire control components or the aftermarket components you installed.

http://www.osagecountyguns.com...hanging-mpx-trigger/

Given IMO that many folks will like a lighter trigger, I expect that someone will come up with the trigger mode and "bridge". Either SIG can do it or we can wait until Geissele gets one ready?
By the way, so far the after-market (other than picatinny furniture) AR15 opportunities for MPX are getting fewer and fewer. On the other hand, the opportunity is wide open for firearm entrepreneurs to make money .

Posts: 39 | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by d2randall:
quote:
Originally posted by johntsi:
Bad news guys, looks like changing the trigger voids the warranty. Very sad considering it truly needs a lighter trigger IMO....

MPX Trigger Compatibility

The SIG MPX has a fire control group specifically designed to accommodate the high impulse of the MPX operating system. The MPX Trigger Bridge (indicated below by arrow) is in place to reduce wear and extend the life of the factory installed fire control components. Removal of the Trigger Bridge is NOT recommended and will void the warranty of the firearm. While the SIG MPX fire control components are similar to the AR15 platform, and aftermarket fire control components may fit, installation is NOT recommended in the SIG MPX. Doing so may result in damage to the MPX proprietary fire control components or the aftermarket components you installed.

http://www.osagecountyguns.com...hanging-mpx-trigger/

Given IMO that many folks will like a lighter trigger, I expect that someone will come up with the trigger mode and "bridge". Either SIG can do it or we can wait until Geissele gets one ready?
By the way, so far the after-market (other than picatinny furniture) AR15 opportunities for MPX are getting fewer and fewer. On the other hand, the opportunity is wide open for firearm entrepreneurs to make money .

What does the bridge protect ???? Yes I know it stops overtravel of the hammer. But whats damage is caused by hammer overtravel ?

Posts: 33 | Location: Michigan  | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ferrari Steve
posted Hide Post
This issue is also being discussed over in the pistol section, since the MPX is also a pistol. Smile

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7700060283

I wrote a blog article about the issue:

http://www.stevejenkins.com/bl...-void-your-warranty/

and also shot a video last night that shows part of the problem with aftermarket triggers if you try to keep the trigger bridge in place.

https://youtu.be/AVzu-ja6FI0

RealGunReviews.com | Gun Videos | SIG Fans Facebook Group | NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 291 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: December 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SigRocks: According to the CEO of Maglula Ltd., they do not make a loader for the SIG MPX

Posts: 38 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Registered: February 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pburkott:
SigRocks: According to the CEO of Maglula Ltd., they do not make a loader for the SIG MPX

Good to know. Thanks!

Posts: 29 | Location: PA | Registered: October 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a pic of the current collapsible stock they just got? Curious what the final product looks like vs the prototypes

Also does anyone have pics or explain in detail how to remove the gas piston for cleaning.

Thank you

Posts: 162 | Location: WA State | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A free people ought not
only to be armed, but disciplined
Picture of prpratt
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tpd312:
Does anyone have a pic of the current collapsible stock they just got? Curious what the final product looks like vs the prototypes
[\QUOTE]
Here you go, did anyone else's come without a rubber butt pad? I think its strange that it doesn't have one.

Posts: 360 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello all! Been stalking the forum for about 2 years since the MPX was announced. Have a few others Sigs too (P226 TacOps TB, P938 Scorpion TB, P522 SWAT) but I haven’t wanted anything as bad as the MPX in a long time. Anyways…

@Prpratt I think yours is missing the pad…. Mine was delivered today and is waiting for me at home! I’ll look at mine tonight but if you look at the one on GunBroker http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=488422612 the picture of it in the bag and on the desk has the rubber pad. Notice this has been bid up to $1,000!!! Somebody really wants this! Ironically this shop is right by my house.

Mine also has the charging handle issue. Comparing it to an AR it’s easy to see why it slops down. A regular AR the charging handle is the full height of the opening the entire length supporting it. The MPX one is cut to a shorter height in the middle which removes the support, but then is the full height at the handle part which is why it’s fully supported there. To me it seems that is just needs a new charging handle and one that is the full height just like an AR. I contacted several companies and suggested it. At this time no one is planning on making one, but AXTS (the company that makes the Raptor, one of the coolest looking AR ones out there) mentioned it was a possibility. So everyone should email them and request it! Maybe they’ll get the hint.

In regards to the trigger issue… This was one of the selling points for me that it took an AR trigger. Pretty bummed but plenty of people on YouTube and forums mentioned changing it without issues so far. Not sure this is going to stop me personally because the factory trigger sucks!

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pic. Looks like that's the latest generation stock. I really like the 2nd gen better. Yes there should have been a rubber butt pad with that. Call CS tomorrow and they will send it out.

Posts: 162 | Location: WA State | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
200 stock selling for 1200?!?

Someone really wants that thing.

Sig has had my mpx since Tuesday. We will see what they decide on the charging handle issue.

Posts: 36 | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A free people ought not
Picture of prpratt
posted Hide Post
Well I called Sig to have the rubber butt pad that is missing sent but they do not have just that part in stock so I would have to return the whole assembly and hope that the 5 they have in stock right now don't sell between now and then. I opted to go ahead and purchase another stock and when it arrives I will return the original for a refund.

I spoke with John and he was very helpful and accommodating in all of this, his hands were just tied from taking the part I need off a new stock.

I hope to have it on Monday, hopefully my form 1 will come back by then too and I will be in business.

Posts: 360 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are they still retailing for 200ish?

Posts: 36 | Registered: May 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A free people ought not
Picture of prpratt
posted Hide Post
I was told the stock had gone to $299 but I had the 20% off coupon so it came to $239. The price I paid for the one that came without the butt pad was $191 after the 20% off.

posted Hide Post
One thing I forgot to mention. I did call Sig regarding mine to increase the counter by one on people who have the issue. They told me they were aware of the problem but they have only received “one” back for this issue (must be yours). He did mention the Band-Aid solution of using a piece of Velcro (shows he read the forum since that was mentioned here).

The exciting news is he stated they are working with Badger Ordinance on creating a solution but no idea on time line. I requested to be notified if they had a solution. He wasn’t sure if it would be covered under warranty or if the price would be discounted (20% similar to the other offer going on). I also sent an email to them requesting an updated charging handle to further encourage the idea but they never replied. Personally I’m still hoping for an MPX version of the Raptor but really I would buy the first one available.

Posts: 63 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: June 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prpratt:
I was told the stock had gone to $299 but I had the 20% off coupon so it came to $239. The price I paid for the one that came without the butt pad was $191 after the 20% off.

Wow! Price already increased. Glad i got mine already. Bad news is according to the NFA tracker website, F-1's increased from 30 days to 90 days. So it might be a while yet...

posted Hide Post
Last week I got my 3 lug adapter from Trosusa.com and just installed it. Mark easy to work with. Great little adapter. Very well made and finished nicely. Only complaint is there was no spot for me to use a wrench to tightly. Other than that great adapter.

Before taking off the flash hider and after Adapter installed (Forgot it was Left Hand tightening, lucky remembered that quickly)

Posts: 7 | Registered: May 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post