SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed)
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 39

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Got my second shot of Moderna yesterday at 9:15 AM. I started to feel badly around 12:00 noon. It went down hill fast from there.

By 5M I hurt all over, fever, chills, terrible headache. Couldn't stay awake. I went to bed at 8:30 AM, and slept poorly. Woke up every hour or so sweating, freezing and very thirsty.

Not much better today.

ARman

Stumbling through where
others have fallen
Picture of REdwin89
posted Hide Post
2nd moderna shot today around 12 noon. Nothing yet. From reading above not looking forward to tomorrow!

"I don't know a lot but I can zero beat the V's on an R390."

Posts: 2322 | Location: No longer new to Central NY | Registered: March 13, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Got Moderna #1 on Wednesday, a painless procedure. Arm was a little sore the next day only.

FWIW, I had it in early Dec, no major symptoms, just VERY tired for a couple weeks.

Posts: 16004 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Got my second dose Monday. The next day I could feet the stick, had joint aches plus fatigue. Wednesday, I was tired. That. Was. It.
Honestly, it was a relief to get both doses. My wife and I have a 1 in 20 chance of death should we contact Covid.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6065 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I've been inundated with text messages and voicemail from the local hospital system, local/state government agencies, and today the local USAF medical group all saying they have Covid19 vaccines available for me as I am in the >70 yo with significant health issues risk category.

But given that I, as both a military and civilian retiree, rarely leave my house (only for medical appointments) with my neighbors getting groceries, mail, putting out trash, etc. for me, I'm in a very low exposure risk situation.

As such I've opted to hold off getting any inoculation. I may be a tad jaded but I perceive reports of ugly side effects and even deaths are being suppressed. And now mutations, for which these compounds haven't been formulated for, are popping up.

I want a larger long term body of proof of the efficacy of this stuff before I bare my arm.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
My wife and I have a 1 in 20 chance of death should we contact Covid.

According to who? no pun intended.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19710 | Registered: September 21, 2005Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

I want a larger long term body of proof of the efficacy of this stuff before I bare my arm.
Your right to bare arms shall not be infringed. Smile

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31387 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dad received his second shot early this week. No soreness, sweats, chills, nausea, headaches. Except that he stated, "The damn shot location itched for two days. For two damn days."

I couldn't help but to laugh.

Posts: 7999 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Report This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Both myself and wife have taken 1st and 2nd Pifizer shot(completed about 10 days ago) with absolutely no after effects for me and wife said arm sore for about two days. To each their own decision about taking the shot be you pro or con beliefs. .......What about the flu shot??? Does it keep you from getting the flu. Absolutely not but it just might lessen the physical symptons and duration of illness. Does this possibly carry thru with the covid 19 shot??? Maybe just have to wait and see what works out............................. drill sgt

This message has been edited. Last edited by: drill sgt,

Posts: 2082 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I get my 2nd Moderna jab Monday. Bear in mind that by the end of this month, 500,000+ Americans will have died from this disease.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15529 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
Sorry Jim you believe that pure bullshit.

posted Hide Post
i'll be getting the 2nd phizer shot march 5th.

Posts: 2245 | Registered: October 17, 2013Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Sorry Jim you believe that pure bullshit.
I'm a retired pharmacist with a masters degree in molecular biology. I've spent several hours every day following the spread of this pandemic and its treatment for over a year now.

With respect, you might want to consider plucking your head out of your ass long enough to look around just a little bit.

This disease is real and the treatments that have been developed for it have been phenomenal.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15529 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
I never said c19 isn't real and I do not give shit about what do. Obviously if you buy in to the death total spoon feed to you when it is utterly obvious that it is a shame then good for you. But I will call anyone out that wants to espouse bullshit here on this topic. And for the record I do believe people have died as a result of getting sick from c19

goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Vaccine prevents 98.9% of COVID death's, Israel's Health Ministry data show

quote:
Vaccine prevents 98.9% of COVID deaths, Israel’s Health Ministry data shows
Officials hail ‘dramatically’ effective Pfizer shots; two weeks after second dose, vaccine also 99.2% protective against serious illness, reduces chance of hospitalization by 98.9%

Israel’s Health Ministry said Saturday that coronavirus vaccines were “dramatically” effective and the latest data shows the shots were 98.9% effective at preventing death caused by COVID-19.

“The vaccine dramatically reduces serious illness and death and you can see this influence in our morbidity statistics,” said Health Ministry Director-General Chezy Levy.

According to the data released by the ministry, the vaccine is also 99.2% protective against serious illness, reduces morbidity by 95.8% and decreases the chance of hospitalization by 98.9%.

The data represents Israelis who have received both doses of the vaccine, 14 days after their second dose, versus people who have not received any inoculation. The data is representative of findings up to February 13, the Health Ministry said.

Israelis walk near a COVID-19 mobile vaccine station on the beach in Tel Aviv, February 20, 2021. (Tomer Neuberg/Flash90)
So far, 4,250,643 have received at least one dose, while 2,881,825 have received both shots out of the country’s population of about 9 million. Around 3 million Israelis are not currently eligible to be vaccinated, including those younger than 16 and people who have recovered from COVID-19, among others.

While the Health Ministry figures did not specify, Israel has been vaccinating almost exclusively with the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.

Family members wearing safety gear visit a relative at the coronavirus ward of Shaare Zedek hospital in Jerusalem on February 3, 2021 (Yonatan Sindel/Flash90)
The nationwide data is even more optimistic than the results of studies released in recent days by Israel’s HMOs.

A massive study by Israel’s largest health provider released Sunday indicated that the vaccine was 94 percent effective in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, and 92% effective in averting serious cases of the disease.

The Health Ministry findings also follow results nine days ago by the Maccabi HMO, which reported zero deaths among 523,000 people a week or more after their second vaccination shot.

“Thanks to Israel’s strong health system that has allowed us to vaccinate an unprecedented wide percentage of the population, and our epidemiological tracking facilities, we are the first country in the world that can show the effect of the vaccine in the real clinical world,” said Levy.

Now please get the fucking vaccine.

Posts: 18353 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry but how do you normalize data between control and test groups for something like this?

And why should we trust this report? These vaccines still sound like a hard sell to me. It’s like sleazy used car salesman pushing a pinto like it’s a Lexus. That’s the feeling I get.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 13088 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Vaccine prevents 98.9% of COVID death's, Israel's Health Ministry data show

quote:
Vaccine prevents 98.9% of COVID deaths, Israel’s Health Ministry data shows
Officials hail ‘dramatically’ effective Pfizer shots; two weeks after second dose, vaccine also 99.2% protective against serious illness, reduces chance of hospitalization by 98.9%

Israel’s Health Ministry said Saturday that coronavirus vaccines were “dramatically” effective and the latest data shows the shots were 98.9% effective at preventing death caused by COVID-19.

“The vaccine dramatically reduces serious illness and death and you can see this influence in our morbidity statistics,” said Health Ministry Director-General Chezy Levy.

According to the data released by the ministry, the vaccine is also 99.2% protective against serious illness, reduces morbidity by 95.8% and decreases the chance of hospitalization by 98.9%.

The data represents Israelis who have received both doses of the vaccine, 14 days after their second dose, versus people who have not received any inoculation. The data is representative of findings up to February 13, the Health Ministry said.

Israelis walk near a COVID-19 mobile vaccine station on the beach in Tel Aviv, February 20, 2021. (Tomer Neuberg/Flash90)
So far, 4,250,643 have received at least one dose, while 2,881,825 have received both shots out of the country’s population of about 9 million. Around 3 million Israelis are not currently eligible to be vaccinated, including those younger than 16 and people who have recovered from COVID-19, among others.

While the Health Ministry figures did not specify, Israel has been vaccinating almost exclusively with the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.

Family members wearing safety gear visit a relative at the coronavirus ward of Shaare Zedek hospital in Jerusalem on February 3, 2021 (Yonatan Sindel/Flash90)
The nationwide data is even more optimistic than the results of studies released in recent days by Israel’s HMOs.

A massive study by Israel’s largest health provider released Sunday indicated that the vaccine was 94 percent effective in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, and 92% effective in averting serious cases of the disease.

The Health Ministry findings also follow results nine days ago by the Maccabi HMO, which reported zero deaths among 523,000 people a week or more after their second vaccination shot.

“Thanks to Israel’s strong health system that has allowed us to vaccinate an unprecedented wide percentage of the population, and our epidemiological tracking facilities, we are the first country in the world that can show the effect of the vaccine in the real clinical world,” said Levy.

If you add up all the numbers supplied in this report including the 3 million ineligible to receive a vaccine, 10,132,468 people are cited out of a population of 9,000,000. (?)

If the vaccine is this effective then Israel should be out of lockdown and masks and the virus virtually eliminated.

Has this happened?

Posts: 13076 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I may be a tad jaded but I perceive reports of ugly side effects and even deaths are being suppressed.

I'm not questioning your decision for what you think is best for you personally. But this article contains some data for reported adverse events on the vaccines. 113 deaths reported out of 13.7 million doses administered. (That's correlation, NOT causation). I do think the numbers of people suffering side effects is probably artificially low, because a lot of people aren't going to bother reporting.

https://www.miamiherald.com/ne...rticle249370145.html

Posts: 967 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Report This Post
Green grass and
high tides
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:

So now the frightened sheep are joining the wolf and demanding that all get the experimental treatment for the greater good.

They are going to unleash all the tools in their box to try to make it happen.

Sounding more like there is a ton of the "poke" laying around with no one willing to take it.

Hence, "now please get the fucking vaccine" pressure being applied.

Two words. "screw you!"

And by the way. I know it is hard for you to understand. But I respect your decision to get it.

And no, I am not anti vaccine. But at this stage, with this thing (everything) I am not in the "now please get the fucking vaccine" camp. A long way's from it. Ymmv.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I get my 2nd Moderna jab Monday. Bear in mind that by the end of this month, 500,000+ Americans will have died from this disease.

That's how many American's die annually of obesity related illness. I don't see anyone mandating healthy diets and fitness activity.