SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed)
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 39

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed) Login/Join 
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
I tested positive Nov 21st. I did everything I thought was prudent, masks, gloves, hand washing, social distancing and I still got it. I had very mild symptoms but the loss of smell is what prompted me to get tested. I quarantined for two weeks with constant headaches, insomnia coupled with restless leg syndrome. Overall not bad but the aftermath was worse. After testing negative I continued to have daily debilitating headaches with brain fog. I had trouble remembering employees names, very low energy and was borderline depressed. That lasted two months culminating in the left side of my face going completely numb. Thought I was having a stroke. Went to the emergency room and after MRI, cat scans and every blood test possible the Docs came back with post Covid vascular damage. Not a pleasant experience, but not the worst thing I have ever gone through. I still believe that shutting down the economy was a mistake and that the media used this virus as a means to their end however if you have the chance to get the vaccine you may want to give it serious consideration.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5915 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Did I call anyone here a "frighten sheep" short answer is no. But if you are of the mindset that because you got the "poke" everyone else needs to for the benefit of the greater good than maybe the shoe fits. You can determine that for yourself.

It is a choice, but the gov and its minon's are trying to make it less so.

Those who post about how great the vaccine is are no different than those here who post about it being not.

The difference is that those who are not pro this experimental treatment mostly get looked down upon here based upon some posters.

Calling members a "Karen" as one example because of the way they post is no different than making a general statement about frightened sheep. So maybe some of you have the right sized foot Wink

ORC, I’ll start off by saying that I like you and I enjoy most of your posts. I’ve said it before, I like everyone other than Fender Bender.

I’m not siding with anyone here. I will agree that people shouldn’t be shaming you and telling you to get the fucking jab. That’s kind of lame.

But seriously ORC, you’re kind of trolling this thread. You have been since I started reading this thread, which is pretty much the beginning. You know that pretty much most if not all in this thread have gotten or will be getting the vaccine. It’s turned from a thread about “will you get it” to “what has happened since you got it”. Why would you keep coming back into a thread that you disagree with most everyone?

Maybe I’m just a different kind of person, but I don’t see the point in stirring up shit for no reason at all.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Report This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
What I don't understand is why some (very few) forum members continually post the same shit over and over. I understand that they will not take the vaccine at this time, but why do they continue to post the same thing over and over, and diss those who have taken it? The lady doth protest too much.

I have seen very little disrespect shown here towards those that have taken this vaccine. But things change when some of those people are now demanding that the rest of us take it or implying that we somehow don't care for the well being of our community by waiting.

I've said here before that I am just not comfortable with how this all came down and am just gonna hold off for a while.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5059 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
ORC, I’ll start off by saying that I like you and I enjoy most of your posts. <WHOLE POST>

Well said Beancooker.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12356 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:

I've said here before that I am just not comfortable with how this all came down and am just gonna hold off for a while.

I'm still confused as to what to do as well. People I know have caught it and not had any problems, while others have had respiratory and a few other issues for months. It's not as deadly as some want us to believe, but I've rarely heard of the flu leaving people with side effects the rest of their lives.

We've read about the issues people are having with the vaccine as well. So do I roll the dice and hope I'm one of the lucky ones who don't have problems after contracting it, or roll the dice and hope I'm not one of those who has side effects from the vaccine and still possibly catch it down the line?

Will the JJ vaccine be any better? So many unknowns, so I'm holding off for now as well.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Just got my 2nd shot yesterday and Mrs. Flash got her first the same day.

I'd heard all about how people get the second shot and have fairly serious flu like symptoms and was expecting them.

Nada, zip, zilch, nothing. My shoulder is slightly sore and that's it and it's now been 27 hours since I got the shot.

Mrs. Flash has no side effects either from her #1 shot.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Report This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
we don't talk about conspiracy theories here. it's a good policy, i understand why and i agree with it. that being said, man, my head is just exploding with them on whole wuflu thing. like the basis of a whole lotta movies.....

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12764 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Report This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
I had shot 2 Feb. 5. No reaction. Yesterday, I had my 2nd shingles. I feel like a mild case of the flu today.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
What I don't understand is why some (very few) forum members continually post the same shit over and over. I understand that they will not take the vaccine at this time, but why do they continue to post the same thing over and over, and diss those who have taken it? The lady doth protest too much.

If this is aimed at me, my apologies.
I'd simply forgotten about my reply very very early in this thread (page 4) where I simply said I agreed with Jesse aka Skins2881 that I too didn't want to be a human guinea pig.

To cite an example, many military personnel suffered significant health issues from mandated newly developed vaccinations prior to their deployment in the First Gulf War, so I'm a tad gun shy about not fully tested and vetted inoculations. Hence my position to wait.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16266 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
My daughter had both shots, first one no problem, the second, hives, swelling, soreness, flu like symptoms. Cleared up after a day tho.

I'm still waiting for the J&J vaccine that's up for FDA clearance on Friday.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
so I'm a tad gun shy about not fully tested and vetted inoculations.

Agreed, and don't see why this point of view is a problem in the thread, Lets see how it does, does the infection rate drop, do we have any issues.

Like new products, testing is good, however we all know that the real world use of a product is what discovers the issues..

Otherwise how would all those Civil Damage Attorneys survive?

Posts: 23617 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
5 days in from the second shot. Arm still has pain, though it is minor now. Head still hurts, stomach still a little bit queasy, and knees still have joint pain, though it's not too bad.

ARman

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Two days after the 2nd shot and my arm isn't even sore any more. It was kind of a nothing burger.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Report This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I get my second Moderna Monday. The first was a big nothing and I'm one that hates shots and the sight of a needle.

On a related subject, this article shows that forgetting lessons learned is harmful too. Not so much just about Covid, but fresh air and sunlight is good for a lot of reasons and many don't get much these days.

https://www.theatlantic.com/he...source=pocket-newtab

Posts: 9559 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my second round of Moderna yesterday. My arm is sore around the injection site and some body stiffness/aches.

Posts: 4069 | Registered: January 17, 2007Report This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I got #2 Moderna about an hour ago.

Posts: 5628 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Just got my first shot of Moderna. Second scheduled a month from now.

Pfizer and Moderna reported to be 95 % effective

Johnson and Johnson (one shot) reported to be 72% effective.

Early testing of J&J indicates for those cases where it didn't stop Covid 19 infection, the illness was less severe than a typical Covid19 case.

https://hotair.com/archives/al...ne-real-spectacular/

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
FWIW: My wife got her second vaccination (Pfizer) last week and had no noticeable side effects. My mother had her second vaccination (Pfizer) on Tuesday with some pretty uncomfortable, generalized body pain for about a day. She's fine now. I had my first vaccination (Pfizer) a couple of weeks ago, and experienced a bit of lethargy (maybe just me being me?) the next morning. No big deal. I'll be getting my last vaccination on the 7th.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10216 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Report This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Getting mine tomorrow (1st). Son IL got his today, and he's not eating people yet. Wife gets her first this Tuesday.

Our whole family debated this extensively. My sister's son in law (in Keller, TX) has a neurological form of COVID, which has been debilitating. He is early 20's, now in a wheelchair and using a walker to shower. Lost a few folks at our church who also had comorbidities. Wife has several major comorbidities that ultimately flavor our decision to move forward with the vaccine. If we were both healthy, we'd all skip it, but since her getting it likely means she has major life threatening issues, we are moving forward with it.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Report This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I got round two of the Moderna about an hour ago. Same with Mrs. Cooker. Lets see how this round goes.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Report This Post