SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed)
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 39

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I'm at Pfizer dose 2 plus 30 hours with nothing so far but a tiny sore spot at the injection site. I may be past the window of developing much in the way of side effects at this point, but we'll see.

Posts: 8957 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not had a FLU shot since 1990. (mandated by military)

Guess when the last time I had the FLU was? 1990.

posted Hide Post
Just curious here.....I've been hearing that those getting the Moderna second shot are having more of the problems afterward but not the Pfizer. Locally they are using Pfizer vaccine and I know quite a few people around here who have received the Pfizer with no ill effects but was wondering if anyone had seen or heard any reliable info on that vs. Moderna?

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Report This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I got my second Pfizer shot four hours ago. So far, nothing out of normal - not even a sore arm.

The clinician that gave me the shot told me I probably wouldn't feel up to working tomorrow.
We shall we what tomorrow brings.

I have also heard that the second Moderna dose is hitting people harder.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Second Pfizer shot Friday, maybe a slight headache Sat. if I was really trying to attribute it to that. Same for all 30 of our docs and few staff that have gotten it over the past month.

Saw some younger staff at hospital have a really tough go of it, fever and down for a day or two.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
My "brother from another mother" best friend from elementary school got knocked down pretty hard over the weekend (February 6-7) by Moderna 2---headache, fatigue, chills. All I got was a sore arm for four days after Moderna 1, then no sore arm after Moderna 2 (January 26) but a small bleeding sore that scabbed over and is almost gone.

Posts: 4499 | Registered: January 01, 2004Report This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Got Pfizer #2 Friday afternoon, and worked every night this weekend. Arm was a little sore Friday, but was completely better by Saturday morning. Other than that no adverse effects at all, from either shot. At least nothing that has surfaced yet.

Posts: 8570 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Report This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
On January 30, I had the medics administer the first Moderna shot to this 76 year old body. There were only very small amounts of after effects and those were gone in a day.

Historically I very very rarely succumb to any sort of virus caused illness, But, I am not so lucky with the preventive type of vaccines. Frequent significant after effects of discomfort from shingles, pneumonia and yearly flu vaccines. I am scheduling no activities for a week after the second Moderna shot end of this month.

I am only getting the Covid vaccine to protect others in the event I were to become an carrier without symptoms.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Report This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleo205:
Just curious here.....I've been hearing that those getting the Moderna second shot are having more of the problems afterward but not the Pfizer. Locally they are using Pfizer vaccine and I know quite a few people around here who have received the Pfizer with no ill effects but was wondering if anyone had seen or heard any reliable info on that vs. Moderna?

It's all relative. Some people experience no symptoms at all, others experience severe flu like or other symptoms. And that's for both shots.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Second Pfizer shot Friday, maybe a slight headache Sat. if I was really trying to attribute it to that. Same for all 30 of our docs and few staff that have gotten it over the past month.

Saw some younger staff at hospital have a really tough go of it, fever and down for a day or two.

That's basically what it was like for myself and my son (patient zero in our family) when we actually had COVID back in early January! My wife's experience was much less severe....She had the sniffles for a few days, and took a single dose of Tylenol in total because 'kinda' felt sick one morning when she woke up.

Why would I need this vaccine again? Nope, NOT getting it!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8887 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
My company announced no-one wil be required to get the vaccination, but for those who don't, they will not be allowed to receive any in-house training, including mandatory training, will not be funded for any professional training, will not be approved for any time off for conferences, etc. So, what it's sounding like is if you don't get the vaccination, you're in a bad way if you want to stay employed in the long term. In that vein I sure hope the vaccine proves out in the long term, the fallout otherwise could be significant for some. In the Military you have to get what you're told to get no questions asked. But in the Military, if you're medically compromised, you get a medical retirement. In this case it seems people with medical conditions in many companies with similar policies will be forced to make a choice between employment and staying alive, based on what we now know, esp. since the truth about the science is hard to figure because the science about Covid has been as politicized as much as global warming.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8683 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
wrightd,

Does your company have a documented history of mandating other vaccines for employees? If not, it might be time to contact an attorney.

Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Wife told me local CVS offering Covid vaccinations, did I want to sign up for them.

At this point in time, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't want the vaccination.

I hope I'm not making a mistake.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does your company have a documented history of mandating other vaccines for employees? If not, it might be time to contact an attorney

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is not an option. An employer can terminate you for not getting the vaccine. Generally they do not wish to do so. There are medical exemptions I am sure. Right to work means just that.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
Did it, not afraid of needles or crossing the street!

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
An employer can terminate you for not getting the vaccine. Generally they do not wish to do so. There are medical exemptions I am sure. Right to work means just that.

There are a great many situations where I would agree with you here. However, an employer can not discriminate based on a medical condition under Federal Law.

Furthermore, an employer can not ask a doctor or medical provider for information about an employee without their consent, nor can they force the employee to disclose information about any health condition.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
My company announced no-one wil be required to get the vaccination, but for those who don't, they will not be allowed to receive any in-house training, including mandatory training, will not be funded for any professional training, will not be approved for any time off for conferences, etc. So, what it's sounding like is if you don't get the vaccination, you're in a bad way if you want to stay employed in the long term. In that vein I sure hope the vaccine proves out in the long term, the fallout otherwise could be significant for some. In the Military you have to get what you're told to get no questions asked. But in the Military, if you're medically compromised, you get a medical retirement. In this case it seems people with medical conditions in many companies with similar policies will be forced to make a choice between employment and staying alive, based on what we now know, esp. since the truth about the science is hard to figure because the science about Covid has been as politicized as much as global warming.

So it's mandatory. Otherwise you will be released for voluntarily not participating in mandatory training. This is the back door way this is going to be made mandatory. I would venture a guess there will be all sorts of ways to funnel you into the pen shortly. If you are retired and not under anyone's thumb you will need it to travel freely inside or outside the country or to be admitted to a hospital or allowed to go to a health clinic. Perhaps even rescind you're Medicare until you are vaccinated. It's not mandatory but unless you want to live in a self imposed imprisonment you need to have it. This is all conjecture on my part of course but one thing is not conjecture. This is not going away regardless of how many freedoms of choice we are willing to sacrifice. The carrot on the stick will never be caught.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
An employer can terminate you for not getting the vaccine.

This article from the Human Resource Executive site agrees with ZSMICHAEL.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
It's 30 hours since I got my second Pfizer shot. No side effects at all; my arm isn't even sore.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16517 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
My wife gets her second Pfizer shot today. After reading and watching some of the things you've seen posted here, and elsewhere, she was a bit leery but has decided to go through with it. She works for a hospital. It's not mandatory but interesting that at her hospital 88% of the people have elected to take the shot. She's not worried about short term side effects, but the long term [possible] side effects are unknown.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post