SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed)
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 39

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed) Login/Join 
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dakor:
Nice to know I outed an anti-Trumper! Cool

Well done, sir!

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3969 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
He was outed long, long ago.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going with what Dakor said.

My sister-in-law was contacted in August and notified that she tested positive for Covid19. She was shocked - since she never actually got tested.

A co-worker of mine in MA was notified by the Health Dept. that he tested positive for Covid19 - a few hours after the testing facility notified him he was negative. A third test came back negative.

I am one person - and those are just two examples of what I am sure are hundreds of thousand, if not millions, of bogus test results that were never corrected.

This virus sucks - but in some cases the solution can be worse than the problem.

Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
I will, but as others have said, am in now big hurry. Having spent 20 years AD military, I've been pumped full of everything you can think of and was never asked if I wanted it Wink
This is from a Dr. friend who just finished chemo, as in they took the port out last week.

"Regarding the new vaccine, I know that many people out there are concerned over the rapidity of the development of this vaccine. Many have also heard that it employs a new kind of technology, which can also make people distrustful. Let me tell you, this new technology has been under development for years. Most past and current vaccines have required that we introduce weakened versions of the virus or bacteria into the body to provoke the immune system into creating antibodies. They are effective but come with side effects and can cause milder and safer cases of the serious illness we are trying to prevent. Others like the flu vaccine introduce proteins from the virus, which also train the immune system but cannot cause a flu-type illness. This new vaccine technology, however, requires using nothing from the infectious agent at all - rather, it trains the person's immune system to create and respond to similar proteins from the virus or bacteria. As I mentioned, research has been going on for years to move to this safer way to train the immune system; researchers just took it and applied it to the proteins from the corona virus. So, it is not as if the whole process started from scratch less than a year ago. As this new technology is applied to more illnesses, it will allow us to protect people from more and more illnesses with fewer and fewer shots. I hope that this reassures some of the concerns you may have about it. I am thrilled about the new technology and cannot wait to get my vaccine."

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Pharma has been seeking a solution to the original Corona virus for the better part of a decade. I guess their timing in 2020 was perfect.

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I'll hold out for the Johnson & Johnson one shot wonder vaccine.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Report This Post
rush chairman
Picture of Guy1
posted Hide Post
I took the first injection last Monday (Pfizer). Just a sore arm for a day. At first I wasn’t going to get it until some time passed, but I’m also in the National Guard and they said once the vaccine was approved it would be mandatory for all of us. Figured I’d just get it and pray it works without side effects

Posts: 713 | Location: MS | Registered: November 21, 2001Report This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Another officer tested positive today for covid.
So she’s off work. Car is being cleaned by the moonbeam. The rest of us were told if no symptoms keep coming to work.

No clue when we’re getting the shots.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I knew this was coming, those that use privilege to get to the head of the line.

In California, wealthy patients are offering top dollar to cut the line for a Covid-19 vaccine

While the nation continues to see record levels of new Covid-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths, wealthy patients in Southern California -- the epicenter of the state's Covid-19 crisis -- are offering to pay top dollar to cut the line and be among the first to receive a vaccine.

At a number of concierge medical practices in Southern California, doctors say they've received calls from their well-off clients asking if they can have early access to the extremely limited supply of vaccine doses in exchange for a financial contribution to a hospital or charity.

'We are getting crushed.' What's behind the alarming rise in California's Covid-19 cases
Dr. Jeff Toll, whose boutique internal medicine practice has admitting privileges at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, said one patient offered to donate $25,000 to the hospital in exchange for an early shot of the vaccine. Toll's practice services a well-heeled clientele that includes chief executives and entertainment figures, but the doctor said he is telling his patients they too must wait as the first round of vaccines are distributed to those most in need of protection.
Earlier this week, California received 327,000 doses of the Pfizer vaccine, administering the first shots to front line health care workers battling the virus that has caused more than 22,000 deaths statewide since the start of the pandemic.
"I think one of the difficult things is for physicians who take care of these high-power people to be able to say, no you have to wait," Toll said. "These people don't usually have to wait."
Toll said his practice has applied with the state of California to become a vaccine distribution center for his clients and has already purchased special ultra-cold freezers in anticipation of storing vials of the Pfizer vaccine.
'They wanted it yesterday'
Dr. David Nazarian, of My Concierge MD in Beverly Hills, said a number of his A-list clients are contacting him, saying that money is no object if it helps them get the vaccine early.
"They wanted it yesterday," said Nazarian. "We will play by the rules but are doing everything we can to secure and distribute the vaccine when its available to us."
Southern California has in recent weeks seen an unprecedented surge of new Covid-19 infections and hospitalizations, with hospital intensive care bed capacity plunging to 0% and health officials issuing dire warnings if the virus continues to spread out of control.
The founder of Concierge MD LA, Dr. Abe Malkin, said he's received over a hundred phone calls from people trying to get early access to the initial doses.
"I'd say that 5 to 10 percent of those were willing to try to make some contribution to a charity to get themselves bumped up in line," according to Malkin.
As FDA authorizes a second Covid-19 vaccine, US reports highest number of daily cases
As FDA authorizes a second Covid-19 vaccine, US reports highest number of daily cases
Malkin's practice has also applied to become a vaccine distributor but is focusing on the newly FDA-authorized Moderna vaccine, which will be easier to handle because it doesn't have the same extreme temperature storage requirements as the Pfizer doses.
When it comes cutting in line, California Gov. Gavin Newsom has warned the state will be "very aggressive in making sure that those with means, those with influence, are not crowding out those that are most deserving of the vaccines."
"To those that think they can get ahead of the line, and those that think because they have resources, or they have relationships that will allow them to do it. We will be monitoring that very, very, closely," Newsom said this month.
"We will prioritize, and we will expect that everyone in the health care delivery system is held to the same ethical standard of prioritizing truly, those that are most in need. And the real heroes in this pandemic are front line health care workers, and those are the folks that we must protect, and we must prioritize moving forward."
LINK: https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/19...hpt=ob_blogfooterold

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
I knew this was coming, those that use privilege to get to the head of the line.

And we’re complaining—why?
Aren’t they the ones we’d like to turn into zombie ant-type creatures first? I mean, yes, then they will be under the control of the Chinese Communists, but it should still be able to readily identify them with their grotesque swollen heads and running sores, no?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is how it would play out in a 1950s B horror movie.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That is how it would play out in a 1950s B horror movie.

Well, there's still four more days left in 2020.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
ZSM - Today’s top stories on the Clinton News Network:

1. The virus is coming for all of you!!!

2. Your crops will whither, your cattle will die in the fields and your manhood will shrivel to a useless husk - UNLESS you get the baby Giglamesh vaccine.

3. In other news, it’s all Trump’s fault.

- Chicken Little reporting

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Personal update:
I got the shot yesterday morning. My arm is still a little sore, but no worse than the seasonal flu I get every year. In fact, unless I press on the spot, it’s so mild I’m not even aware of it, and that was after the nurse warned me that it would really be painful for a time.
Another member of my agency got it about the same time and he was hurting today.

I sometimes wonder, though, if the number of immunizations one gets influences how they affect us. I started getting shots for overseas travel when I was eight years old and they were pretty regular for the next 35+ years. One time when I was alerted for a short-notice trip to the Middle East, I got two in one arm and three in the other in the same session.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Pfizer or Moderna?

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Dumb question: how long after the vaccine is administered will we know the full extent of the associated risks. Are all risks realized w/in days? Or could some risks take months or years?

I am Legend.... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8888 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^
Pfizer or Moderna?

Moderna.
The smaller facilities in Colorado are getting Moderna only because Pfizer requires such cold storage that most places don't have the capability.

6.4/93.6

— Plato

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks. Moderna is what they have here.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I got the Pfizer first dose last week. Sore arm is my only symptom. Absolutely no other noticeable effects. Basically, the same thing I experience when I get the flu shot each year. The flu shot is mandatory for us (I work in healthcare), but this one was optional.

I know several people who have had CV19. Some with moderate symptoms, some with rather difficult illnesses (these are people in their mid/late 40s by the way). One person who worked at my facility passed away from this disease. I didn't know him personally, so I have no details, but he was in his late 50s.

Posts: 11388 | Registered: August 02, 2004Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

We started our (Moderna) vaccinations last week.

Want to take a stab at who was the first in line? It wasn't our floor nurses or hospitalists and it wasn't our ER nurses/docs...you know, the folks who work in direct contact with Covid patients.

Nope, the first person in line for a vaccination was our CFO. Roll Eyes

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post