SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed)
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 39

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed) Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Any chance that 88% of the hospital staff is signing up for the vaccine because that's where all the sick people go? They're NOT seeing the 99.7% of the people that get COVID at the hospital...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8910 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Having coffee after shooting yesterday and a woman there tells me how the Covid vaccine is to alter your dna so that when China releases the new, improved Covid 2 strain, it will instantly kill you.

I like conspiracy theories as well as the next guy, but this one was pretty far fetched for me.

So, I asked her if I had time for another beer.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Curious if anyone has received the vaccine at the doctors office and received a bill yet. (the entire bill which shows what was charged to insurance)

Ex. My Shingrix vaccine was billed at $54 for administration and $303 for the vaccine itself.

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Vaccine doses purchased with U.S. taxpayer dollars will be given to the American people at no cost. However, vaccination providers will be able to charge an administration fee for giving the shot to someone.

Posts: 17243 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Got my 2nd dose yesterday. Woke up at 2am with a low grade fever and chills then woke up overheated. Finally got back to sleep and now I'm just run down.

Posts: 6351 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Report This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
I saw this on the Today show yesterday. They have come up with a new site to help you find a vaccine site in your area. I had already gotten my appointment so I didn't need it so have no idea how well it works. www.planyourvaccine.com

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1866 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Report This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
Got my 2nd dose yesterday. Woke up at 2am with a low grade fever and chills then woke up overheated. Finally got back to sleep and now I'm just run down.

This happened to me as well. Still feeling it after 32 hours as well.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2675 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
An employer can terminate you for not getting the vaccine.

This article from the Human Resource Executive site agrees with ZSMICHAEL.

Not sure these employers fully understand the liabilities they may incur by mandating their employees be vaccinated:

https://childrenshealthdefense...erm-chronic-illness/

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Report This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
Presently I carry a vaccination card at all times, because there are a number of countries that require it. Specifically, the yellow fever shot, but I carry the full vaccination record, as there's no reason not to.

Presently I have every vaccination of which I'm aware, and as others become available, I'll take those, too.

What do you want? A medal, or a chest to pin it on?

You realize of course, this COVID-19 has already started to mutate. Soon, you will need an annual COVID-19 vaccination. Then after a few years, YOU TOO might begin to mutate. Because NOBODY knows what long term affects this vaccine may cause.

I’m surprised, as much as you seem to hate Trump, you would willingly allow yourself to take a vaccine that was developed on his watch. It’s also pretty amazing that you have managed to last as long as you have on this forum.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Report This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I had Covid in December, right around Christmas. It took three weeks to get over and the fatigue lasted another week or two. My dad and aunt both died last May from Covid. I will not get the shot, I see no reason to. I survived it once, I can survive it again, there are too many unknowns to take the vaccine. Covid has a 1.7% mortality rate so I will take my chances with the known versus the unknown of taking the vaccine.

Posts: 4116 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Report This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Received my 2nd dose of Moderna vaccine about 24 hours ago. Only issue is a sore arm, same as the 1st shot....

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:
What do you want? A medal, or a chest to pin it on?

I’m not a moderator, but I did start this thread and therefore believe I have a right to ask that posters to it keep in mind what it’s intended to discuss.

It started by asking the question of who was planning to take the vaccine, and the obvious implied follow-on question was why or why not. Because it is about taking the vaccination, it evolved into discussions of the vaccinations’ effects which has also been enlightening and useful for some of us.

sns3guppy posted his reason why he will take the vaccine, and his statement was totally in line with the original purpose of the thread.

I do not know why you decided to single out sns3guppy to challenge when countless other members here have posted their reasons why they will take the vaccine, other than that you evidently don’t like him for other, unrelated reasons, but I consider your personal attack to be inappropriate. I would appreciate it if we not turn this thread that has been very informative in several ways into a cesspit of assaults on other individuals.

There are innumerable threads on the forum that contain posts by members who disagree with each other. If they all resulted in the sort of response that you posted, it would not be the place that it is.

Thank you.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Picture of billfasttax
posted Hide Post
I got my second Maderna shot on Thursday. Mild reaction on Friday. Sore arm, chills and sweating. I have had the virus and while not terrible, it was certainly not my idea of a good time.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming…......WOW! WHAT A RIDE!

Posts: 766 | Location: North of Atlanta | Registered: November 18, 2011Report This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
2nd Moderna dose at 9AM yesterday. Very sore arm all day but otherwise felt fine. Until 9PM. Then it was like a train hit me. I guess I have a robust/noisy immune system.

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If the intent is to eventually mandate a COVID-19 vaccination for all, then I’d like to mandate the annual flu shots for all as well. Wife and I haven’t had COVID as yet (that we know of) but both have been laid out for a few days over the years from the flu, brought on by workplace/public associations. We won’t get a “vaccine” for an ailment that we’ll recover from naturally 99% of the time.

Posts: 818 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquilon:
2nd Moderna dose at 9AM yesterday. Very sore arm all day but otherwise felt fine. Until 9PM. Then it was like a train hit me. I guess I have a robust/noisy immune system.

My wife & I have appointments to get our second dose of Moderna this Friday. With the first dose my wife had a mild headache that evening, which may, or may not have been related to the vaccine.

Most of the reactions to either vaccine that I've read about on the error-net have been with the second dose. We'll see.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Report This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
Good luck. I had it all - chills, fever, everything hurt. Up all night. Finally gave in and took ibuprofen this morning, which helped tremendously. Tried to put that off as long as I could to let the immune system do its thing.

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquilon:
Good luck. I had it all - chills, fever, everything hurt. Up all night. Finally gave in and took ibuprofen this morning, which helped tremendously. Tried to put that off as long as I could to let the immune system do its thing.

I’m in my third week and took nothing until a few days ago and it helped. I was actually feeling much better for several days and then yesterday it came roaring back, some OTC flu medicine helped dial it back...this thing has lab virus written all over it. My Sister just got the Pfizer shot and had no major issues. My Uncle got the Moderna shots and had only mild impact.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Report This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
Got my second dose of Moderna at 1045 yesterday. Felt fine yesterday and through the night (midnights worker). On the way home I started feeling like crap and now I have a fever, aches, sore arm, and just generally feel like dogshit.

Posts: 8274 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Report This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Got mine Monday.Sore arm for two days, nothing else. Have to wait till the 15th of next month for second.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Report This Post