SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed)
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The COVID-19 vaccination thread (thread name changed) Login/Join 
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
I got round two of the Moderna about an hour ago. Same with Mrs. Cooker. Lets see how this round goes.

My wife & I got our second doses of Moderna this morning. My wife developed a headache for a day with the first dose, but that's about it. Hope this one isn't any worse than that. We'll see.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Report This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Wife and I are scheduled for number two Pfizer on Sunday. Zero issues with the first one. We'll see what we get from the second. I'm not anticipating much.

Two weeks to percolate, and I plan on going back to the gym. I've put on too much weight since last march and I refuse to buy fat cloths.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Got the first Pfizer shot yesterday. Arm is sore today. Go back in three weeks for the second dose.

Posts: 4282 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Report This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Round 2 of the Moderna this morning at 11:30. Both the wife and I are iwurf ffll mjjkljl...

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Report This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Well we got the jab ten hours ago. Mrs. Cooker was already a mess at ten hours in on the first dose. This round, I hear some 80’s pop music blasting from the bathroom after her shower, so she must be feeling good.

I feel fine other than it feels like Mike Tyson just socked me in the arm.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4030 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Report This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I will be getting the first shot this coming Monday, 3/1/21, from my agency. They are giving us the Moderna vaccine. I have heard of course it is different for everyone, but overall the first shot is a very sore arm and second shot gives more of a body effect for a day. We will see.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
With my 2nd jab of Pfizer, felt unwell only for 20 hours or so on the second day post jab.

My wife just received her first jab of Moderna this afternoon. I expect her to be unwell tomorrow but she plans to go to work. We'll see.

My daughter just received her 2nd jab of Moderna and had to take the day off the next day.

Posts: 1454 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Report This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
2nd dose Wed. Onset of symptoms started about 10 hours post jab- Ran the gamut of them, chills being the most annoying. Mostly settled today. Still taking ibuprofen for the headache, otherwise, seem ok.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5336 | Registered: October 24, 2005Report This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
So about 14 hours after the second shot, I woke up to pee. My house drops to 68° at night. It felt like it was 40 below. I was so cold. I felt colder than I have ever felt in my life and it wouldn’t go away. I cuddled up next to my wife who is hotter than the surface of the sun when she sleeps, and chattered my teeth until I fell back to sleep.
Woke up at 3 am. Back is aching more than normal. Hips feel stiff and like they need oil. I wouldn’t call it a headache, but it’s not, not aching either. Some weird head pressure feeling.
My left arm hurts quite badly.
At least the chills are gone.
The last time I remember being sick was in 2012. I never get sick. Now I remember why. I’m a big pussy and this sucks, and my symptoms aren’t even that bad.

Maybe I can convince Mrs.Cooker to go watch the sunrise from a badass spot out in the wilderness overlooking a beautiful valley. Here’s the spot that the sunrise would look great from. The sun would be rising right about center this photo.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4030 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
We were expecting the worse, but for once we seem to have lucked out.

It's been almost 24hrs since the second dose of Moderna & neither my wife nor I have any side effects, other than some soreness at the injection site.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I got both doses of the Pfizer vaccine several weeks back.

1st dose, my arm was sore for a couple days, and I felt run down for about a day and a half. I even took a 4ish hour nap the afternoon of the first day after the shot, which is something I rarely do.

2nd dose, my arm was a little sore for a day or so, but no other noticeable side effects.

A couple of the guys I work with had slightly worse reactions to one or the other shot, like swollen lymph nodes, or feeling run down for up to 4 or 5 days afterwards. One had diarrhea, but he's not sure if that was directly related or not. But nothing crazy.

Posts: 32542 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
I had the 2nd Moderna injection yesterday around 11:15. So far I have some significant soreness in the injection site but little else. I did notice that the actual shot hurt more than the first one, perhaps based upon the skill of the nurse, and that could be the reason this one hurts more than the first.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Report This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
We got our first shots yesterday around noon. Both of us had sore arms for 24 hours, now we are both asymptomatic. Next round in 3 weeks and a day.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Report This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
I get my 2nd Moderna jab Monday. Bear in mind that by the end of this month, 500,000+ Americans will have died from this disease.

That number is politically motivated, politically counted (politicians can't count), regurgitated by a corrupted media, and I believe that number is way off by orders of magnitude, overstated and fraught with all sorts of stupid democratic logic, idiotic media practices, false assumptions, lying, cheating, and general mayhem .

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8696 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Round 2 of the Moderna this morning at 11:30. Both the wife and I are iwurf ffll mjjkljl...
ah-Roger, Johnny 3eagles. We read you five by five.

Posts: 107697 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Yesterday, 24 hours after the 2nd dose, down I went. Started to feel like homemade shit. At noon got in bed, heated mattress pad turned on and three blankets. At 5pm I was up and feeling better. Wife was fine without side effects.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Report This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
OK, an update... Now 48 hours after the 2nd Moderna shot, and my arm has pretty much stopped hurting. Didn't hurt at all after the first. I was thinking the nurse-ete (student nurse) dulled down the needle before ramming it into my arm. The first was not only a goddess but it didn't hurt at all. Could be I was overcome with her beauty. I'm going to go with that answer.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Report This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I think I’m immune. I’ve had multiple overt exposures and nothing.

I told work I’d take the vaccination whenever it opens up, but I’m rethinking it at this point.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11449 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Report This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
So yesterday evening I felt good enough to wash the Jeep. Mrs. Cooker was down for the count most of the day. Woke up today and she’s cleaning like the OCD woman I married.
Her arm still hurts badly. Mine slightly hurts when massaged, but aside if that I’m fine.

quote:
The “lol” thread

Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
I think I’m immune. I’ve had multiple overt exposures and nothing.

I told work I’d take the vaccination whenever it opens up, but I’m rethinking it at this point.

I really think I possibly had it in late January of last year, but I don’t know. I get the flu shot each year and January of last year I had a horrible fever and felt terrible. It only lasted a few days and I was better. They were out of flu tests so I never knew if I had the flu and COVID was barely on the radar then.

I asked my doctor for an antibodies test to know if I had it, and it turned out they gave me a blood test to see if I currently had it. I have been exposed a few times to people who were confirmed to have COVID and never caught it.

I figure I will treat it as if I did not get it and I am getting my first vaccine tomorrow.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Report This Post