SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 192
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
And the Kamchatka Brown Bear !

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Dumb question, we gave them tons of Javelin missiles and I assume they still have some warplanes that are operable. Why aren't they attacking the 40mi long convoy heading towards the capital? If they blow up 10-15% of the convoy and make them think twice about what they are attempting and make it harder for them to move?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20924 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Dumb question, we gave them tons of Javelin missiles and I assume they still have some warplanes that are operable. Why aren't they attacking the 40mi long convoy heading towards the capital? If they blow up 10-15% of the convoy and make them think twice about what they are attempting and make it harder for them to move?

The convoy is stationary. It is not moving for a reason and it could be because of attacks. The reports so far have been far from accurate.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1497 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092: Here is an interesting video from 2014 that analyzed what was happeneing in Ukraine at that time.

Stephen Cohen can rightly be called a Russian apologist, he abhorred the Soviets but he was quite fascinated by Russian culture and society. He was the preeminent expert in the US on Russian affairs, able to provide content, thoughtful commentary and perspective on Russia; most politicians, military leaders and policy makers have a hard time understanding how to utilize someone like Cohen. His wife is the editor of The Nation, the oldest Left-wing piece of journalism. I enjoyed his talks on the John Batchelor Show, he passed away in 2020.

Back to Russians attacking...for some astute observations on the current happenings:

http://cdrsalamander.blogspot....y.html#disqus_thread
quote:
I've had some well informed readers reach out to me after I posted it over on twitter to ask, roughly, "But I keep seeing how the Russians are screwing up the basics of fuel, food, bad comms and chaos."

Well, yes - that is all true. I am also sure that this is not going as smooth as the Russian General Staff briefed Putin how things would go.

The fact remains though that the Russians are making gains. Slower and uglier than they thought, but they are making gains.

The Ukrainians are putting up a plucky fight with what they have, but it is not enough at this point to slow the flow of Russians in to the center of their country. Like a Hawaiian volcano slowly swallowing a house, it is all there to see in the open.

As Russians do, they make up for lack in attention to detail with simple mass. There are no off ramps for Putin. As long as he is in power, he will do what he needs to do to achieve his end state.

Ukraine and the West did not do what they needed pre-conflict to make this an unattractive effort.

Sure, now that the tanks are rolling, the right things are being done, but it is just too late. There were warnings, but no one would listen.

In plain sight the Russians showed what they were planning to do - but the decision makers in Kyiv, DC, Brussels, and various European capitals refused to believe what could happen.

The West is about a year late in giving the Ukrainians the edge they needed to make the invasion calculus such that the Russians wouldn't give it a go, and if they did, blunt that mass the Russians could throw in to the war. The West's politicians, self-preening in their anti-military, green-Gaia worshiping world views, did not signal strength. The grasping and greedy mercantilists were not done extracting more wealth for themselves and their WEF-Davos-Great-Reset fantasies. The press - wanting to join the political fray and leach off the wealth, did little.

The Ukrainians are not blameless. After 2014, efforts were made, but they were an economy of force measure by the Ukrainians and the well meaning nations tried to help ... but it was not enough.

The usual suspects in the Western nomenklatura's Smartest People in the Room™ set refused to convince the Ukrainians to get a larger military faster and are to blame more than anyone else. Their world view and concepts of power are poorly rooted in history or practice. Again, it is all clear to see now for those who did not believe before.

Instead of elevating the Ukrainian President to build civil society, they invited Greta Thunberg to yell at them.

They never appreciated what the Russians COULD do, so they refused to see what they were building up forces TO do.

As a result we are here, either on the brink of a war everyone may lose control of, or we will watch a slow, sloppy, and ugly land grab by the Russians that in the end will only encourage more aggression and land grabs - both in Europe and elsewhere. There is an outside chance that a tide might turn towards a happier place, but that is not the smart bet right now. We'll see in a week.

As for now via the BBC, there is the Russian Army, in the Kyiv suburbs.

Oh, and the economic impact of all this elite failure? Just watch, it's on the way.

Posts: 14796 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jimmy Dore is weighing in on Ukraine.

Posts: 12826 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

I feel like we should really introduce them to the IED. Remind them the hard way what Afghanistan was like for both them and us.

Not like Ukraine doesn't certainly have huge stores of artillery shells and more than a few guys with knowledge of how to make them go boom.

Long convoys, plenty of IEDs along the roadway and a few cell phones.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Jimmy Dore is weighing in on Ukraine.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe class="rumble" frameborder="0" height="360" src="https://rumble.com/embed/vtimz0/?pub=sxx5h" width="640"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]
This is some great perspective on the whole matter. I wonder how many people know nothing of this?

Posts: 17943 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:...
I feel like we should really introduce them to the IED. ...

I've seen several vidoes of Ukrainians picking up arty rounds, unfired large bore munitions, and other munitions, so they may already be improvising.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44062 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
One of the misconceptions of this conflict is that Russia wants to completely take over the country and dominate it.

They well know the eastern half is ethnic Ukraine and it would only extend the same warfare that has been going on their for over 200 years, it's not their goal. If anything the international military experts are seeing that Russia is moving faster than expected, compared to the last three conflicts there, and the limited targeting has spared a lot of civilian casualties.

The internet is still up, fuel flows, electricity is on, and Zelensky still in office. In the past all those were shut down and destroyed in the first week, it's not being attempted this time.

Putin put out his "surrender" terms, demilitarization, which is about done, Ukraine to refuse NATO membership, and Zelensky can stay in office. What we are seeing tho, is the same crowd who support Biden, vaxx mandates, one world government, most of the known RINO's and George Soros all publicly supporting Ukraine.

Its getting real easy to sort out what is really going on when you look at the game program to see who the players are.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Psaki mocked after pointing out 'pattern' of Putin last invading Ukraine when Biden was vice-president

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki was mocked on social media after pointing out that President Biden was the vice-president the last time Russia decided to invade Ukraine.

"I was at the State Department, the president was the vice-president the last time Russia invaded Ukraine," Psaki said on CNN Wednesday. "This is a pattern of horror from President Putin and from the cronies around him."

Several Twitter users quickly claimed that Psaki had inadvertently drawn a connection between Putin’s aggression and President Biden being in power. Russia invaded and annexed the Crimea region of Ukraine while Biden served as vice-president in 2014.

"The first step is admitting you have a problem," Daily Telegraph Editor James Morrow tweeted.

"‘This guy only seems to invade other countries while my boss is in office,’" Blogger Jim Treacher tweeted.

"It's a pattern of weakness from a Democrat that our enemies know won't stop them," Comedian Tim Young tweeted.

"finally, the truth," former Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway tweeted.

"Yes, Sherlock, there is a pattern," political commentator Monica Crowley tweeted.

"Reminding people that a top adversary has taken advantage of your boss not just once, but twice, is...not great messaging," Heritage Foundation Communications Director John Cooper tweeted.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Fox News.

"I know news about what’s happening can seem alarming to all Americans, but, I want you to know, we’re going to be OK. We’re going to be OK," Biden said about the developing war in Ukraine on Tuesday night in his first official State of the Union address. "When the history of this era is written, Putin’s war in Ukraine will have left Russia weaker and the rest of the world stronger."

"Six days ago, Russia's Vladimir Putin sought to shake the very foundations of the free world, thinking he could make it bend to menacing ways—But he badly miscalculated," Biden added. "He thought he could roll into Ukraine and the world would roll over. Instead, he met with a wall, a wall of strength he never anticipated or imagined—he met the Ukrainian people."

Posts: 108111 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tirod:
One of the misconceptions of this conflict is that Russia wants to completely take over the country and dominate it...What we are seeing tho, is the same crowd who support Biden, vaxx mandates, one world government, most of the known RINO's and George Soros all publicly supporting Ukraine.

Its getting real easy to sort out what is really going on when you look at the game program to see who the players are.

Really? I ask that because I've supported Ukraine since the Maidan and I've never supported Biden, one world government or George Soros. What you're saying sounds like some kind of conspiracy theory.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Kherson is reported as being first Ukrainian city to fall.
Russia is in complete control of the city.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is really Putin's war and he's unlikely to back down. It's not clear to me where his exit ramp is in order to save face and continue in power. We're also not going to see a Bucharest type solution (12/25/89) with Putin. I'm sure his cabinet and some of his General staff are under heavy surveillance.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
Hahahahahahahaha.

“Ukrainian authorities say citizens don't need to declare captured Russian tanks and military equipment for tax purposes”

https://www.businessinsider.co...axable-income-2022-3

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
“ Kherson is reported as being first Ukrainian city to fall.
Russia is in complete control of the city.”

Now, hopefully, they will discover how costly being an occupying force under attack by native insurgents is like. IED’s, snipers, etc.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15693 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Why are the same people who lied to us about everything for two years now only allowing one side of the story of this war?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30558 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Really? I ask that because I've supported Ukraine since the Maidan and I've never supported Biden, one world government or George Soros. What you're saying sounds like some kind of conspiracy theory.

Why I remarked about having the game program. Aligning with Ukraine is aligning with Biden, one world government, and George Soros as teammates.

Why did Putin do this?

NATO has been slowly expanding contrary to their charter and it's always been against Russia.
Ukraine has been a cesspool of corruption since Senators Lugar and Obama got funding for bio labs there in 2005, and Russia has been vehement those labs need to shut down. They are now.
The Ukraine government was overthrown by a Color Revolution as a stepping stone for Obama's moves against Russia - Putin forced certain Euro banking concerns out of the country and refuses to allow them, which was a serious blow to those interests. The Color Revolution then came to him.
Once the new Ukraine goverment was set up, new board members were installed in a number of energy companies and the sons of Romney, Kerry, Pelosi, and Biden were accepted, with the immediate benefit of sharing the profits. None were renown in the field of energy brokerage before, which started up media speculation why they were even considered.
As Ukraine began to find cause why they needed to investigate Hunter Biden, his father threatened Ukraine with loss of foreign aid if the investigation wasn't abandoned and the prosecutor fired. That man was and the foreign aid was released, and Biden publicly admitted orchestrating it.

There's no conspiracy theory at all over Ukraine, these are publicly aired events in their recent history. There is complete denial and unquestioning acceptance that they can't be suffering corruption orchestrated by the Obiden administration and it's political allies in Europe. Because of the constant media lies that Russia was attempting to overthrow our own election system - now completely disproven yet not publicized to any degree - the American people can't approach the subject with any openmindedness.

Compare Crimea to this conflict, Putin is taking extreme care with this battle plan unlike the devastation in the past. That may be arguable by some, but our own media's complete shutdown of any coverage on the ground should be a clue. Why should anyone suddenly return to trusting the 6:00 news after the last two years of coverage? Of recent note, Pfizer has been forced to release their documents and there are 9 pages of known adverse reactions to the vaxx not previously released. The media was all in about the vaxx being completely safe - how could they know it then if there wasn't any proof at all, yet now we know it is not. One recent medical release was encouraging the vaxxed to be tested for AIDS. It's now a serious issue yet nothing publicized.

If anyone is taking the news at face value, they are taking the stance that it's to be trusted again. C'mon Charlie Brown, Lucy is gonna jerk that football away again, you believe her? Ukraine is a cesspool of corruption at the government level - if someone can ignore that, they certainly won't see it right here in America. There is no theory at all behind this, it's open source and it's all on the internet for an inquiring mind to find out for themselves. The media controls the narrative and the media is all in for the same side they were last month.

We are getting played again. Nothing has changed, it's another narrative to get the people signed up for the corrupt side.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
All these liberals, self-important Hollywood actors, and media types are so involved in showing their outrage at Putin crossing the Ukranian border, their pride in Ukranian nationalism, and the decision of ordinary citizens to take up arms in defense of their country try.

They're going to look awfully stupid going back to backing open borders for America, America bashing, and pushing gun control after their attention span on the Ukraine/Russia war fades in a few days.

I'm sure they'll all fail to see the irony, though.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ukraine is a cesspool of corruption at the government level - if someone can ignore that, they certainly won't see it right here in America. There is no theory at all behind this, it's open source and it's all on the internet for an inquiring mind to find out for themselves. The media controls the narrative and the media is all in for the same side they were last month.

We are getting played again. Nothing has changed, it's another narrative to get the people signed up for the corrupt side.

Yep.

The following resolution is worthless and simply supporting the narrative:

The House passed a resolution on Wednesday to declare support for Ukraine’s sovereignty in the face of the invasion ordered by Russian President Vladimir Putin, while urging an “immediate cease-fire.”

Lawmakers in both parties voted near-unanimously in favor of the resolution, 426-3. The only votes in opposition were from three Republicans: Reps. Paul Gosar (Ariz.), Thomas Massie (Ky.) and Matt Rosendale (Mont.).
Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.) said it was “unreal” that three fellow Republicans voted against the resolution.

“Talk to me when our border is secure,” Gosar retorted on Twitter.

Massie said he opposed the resolution because he thought it was overly broad in its stated support for providing defense assistance to Ukraine, among other things. He also argued that the call for isolating Russia economically could ultimately backfire if "innocent people in Russia" suffer under harsh sanctions and develop resentments against America.

"I fully support the right of the people of Ukraine to self determination. However there are many reasons I could not vote for the seven page Resolution that passed the House of Representatives today," Massie wrote in a series of tweets.

The resolution, which is nonbinding, states that the House “stands steadfastly, staunchly, proudly, and fervently behind the Ukrainian people in their fight against the authoritarian Putin regime.”

It also calls for the U.S. and its allies “to deliver additional and immediate defensive security assistance to help Ukraine address the armored, airborne, and other threats Ukraine is currently facing from Russian forces.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/h...tion-backing-ukraine

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24278 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post