SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 103

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
Member
Picture of p08
posted
I have a bad feeling as China and Russia think Biden is weak. Or are the hawks in the US government stoking the flames? I am hoping that it doesn't happen, but I am concerned.


-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.
 
Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of jcsabolt2
posted Hide Post
Isn’t that typically what we do when we have a recession? Just sayin.


----------
“Nobody can ever take your integrity away from you. Only you can give up your integrity.” H. Norman Schwarzkopf
 
Posts: 3435 | Registered: July 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
It's bad for America, so since everything this admin does is, they probably will. I suspect the whole thing is a show just to get us involved.
 
Posts: 7023 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I used to argue with my mother who was a hater about this. She was convinced Trump was going to get us involved in a war.as were lot of my older friends. I didn't as I knew Trump campaigned on not doing that. Well I was right and it looks like the darling of the Communist Party may just do that. How ironic.
 
Posts: 5533 | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
Not on purpose. We would preemptively concede. Otherwise it would threaten the Big Guy's 10%

The problem is Biden's incredible ineptitude might see us at war *unintentionally*.
 
Posts: 2407 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
The more concerning thought is can we handle a two front war with China and Russia? Potatus hasn’t been making the best military choices and strategic plans.
 
Posts: 2203 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
Putin wants us to agree not to defend the NATO partners in the East (Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and Poland).

Putin doesn't want a war and he doesn't want sanctions. He wants to bluff us into giving him what he wants by scaring us. It seems to be working. If we appease him, we will have Peace in Our Time.
 
Posts: 1571 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RoverSig:
Putin wants us to agree not to defend the NATO partners in the East (Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and Poland).

Putin doesn't want a war and he doesn't want sanctions. He wants to bluff us into giving him what he wants by scaring us. It seems to be working.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mouse_That_Roared
 
Posts: 7023 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Biden is going to cause Biden and Xi to take Taiwan and Ukraine and we aren't going to do a damn thing about it, except make some grandstanding comments, add some more "sanctions", and send some money to Taiwan and Ukraine.

If we get in a shooting war with China they can simply cut off all exports to the US. That will bankrupt a lot of large American companies pretty quickly, cause a major recession, and much higher inflation. Sure it would hurt China for a while, but they can probably play chicken longer than we can.
 
Posts: 4178 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Which war would be more profitable?
 
Posts: 10726 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Yep. That's been their plan along.
Hillary was already setting the stage to go to war with Russia over Syria gas attacks , however she lost the election and that threat ended.
Now it Biden's turn to start a war in order to destroy America and it's people.


Front sight...Front sight...Front sight...Only Hits Count.
NRA Life Member
Frank John Boy -Police Lingo
 
Posts: 102 | Registered: July 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
Biden is going to cause Biden and Xi to take Taiwan and Ukraine and we aren't going to do a damn thing about it, except make some grandstanding comments, add some more "sanctions", and send some money to Taiwan and Ukraine.

If we get in a shooting war with China they can simply cut off all exports to the US. That will bankrupt a lot of large American companies pretty quickly, cause a major recession, and much higher inflation. Sure it would hurt China for a while, but they can probably play chicken longer than we can.


I've heard this scenario described as them being able to handle a period of hardship and austerity better than us.
 
Posts: 7023 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
^^^ Yes because China doesn't depend on imports except for luxury goods. They can make most of whatever they need.

And because the Chinese people cannot vote the CCP out of office, they pretty much have to go along with whatever happens. Great Depression and WWII level austerity here means the party in power will be thrown out of office.
 
Posts: 4178 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
If China take Taiwan US will be done in Asia we will be kick out by the CCP lost all creditably to our Asia allies, Japan probably have to go alone with China too.
US dollars will not be the world currency any more, US won't be the world super power anymore which I think might be a good wake up call for all the fucking idiots in this country they have no idea how luck that they are to born in this wonderful country.
 
Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skyline009:
If China take Taiwan US will be done in Asia we will be kick out by the CCP lost all creditably to our Asia allies, Japan probably have to go alone with China too.
US dollars will not be the world currency any more, US won't be the world super power anymore which I think might be a good wake up call for all the fucking idiots in this country they have no idea how luck that they are to born in this wonderful country.


Frown Boy, you're no fun at a party. You're right, of course, but you still aren't any fun at a party.


_______________________

 
Posts: 5885 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
They’ve got to start a war. They haven’t killed off enough of us with the C19 or the vaccines. They got quotas to fill. Wink
 
Posts: 10971 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RoverSig:
If we appease him, we will have Peace in Our Time.


Is this an idiom? If so, what does it mean?


________________________________________________

Jester814 on YouTube
 
Posts: 10059 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Google Neville Chamberlain and that phrase.
 
Posts: 26472 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
^^^ Yes because China doesn't depend on imports except for luxury goods. They can make most of whatever they need.

And because the Chinese people cannot vote the CCP out of office, they pretty much have to go along with whatever happens. Great Depression and WWII level austerity here means the party in power will be thrown out of office.


Lefty, China is absolutely dependent on energy and food imports. They literally cannot feed themselves without imports…
 
Posts: 2087 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
China is buying farmland in American as fast as they can and offering more than it's worth to get it. They have already purchased Smithfield IIRC.

The interesting part is that Americans who sell to them and who try to find more land with all the money they got, face skyrocketing real estate values - farmland has doubled in sale price.

As for Russia vs Ukraine, it's more noise in the news to cover up the deflating Covid story - with Omicron being a typical late variant the hospitals are back to reporting "with covid" when the reality is in some cases only 50% reported had that as the primary reason to go to the hospital at all. Vaccine reactions are taking up more and more of the beds now. Beating on the war drums with repeated stories over the "impending invasion" keeps the publics focus off that or China menacing Taiwan. And with the DOD forcing "diversity training" and mandated vaxxes we aren't getting stronger to respond to these issues.

One indicator is hearing "we will strongly respond" over and over. If you really can strongly respond, your opponent knows it and doesn't pull any shenanigans. Nope, that line is for public consumption and the point is to sell fearmongering over war to hide the real news.
 
Posts: 606 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4 ... 103 
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?

© SIGforum 2022