SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 192
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
It would be great if Poland invades Belarus and that little piece of land to the north of Poland.
Putin would have a fit.

So it not ok to invade Ukrainian but ok to invade Belarus?

These determinations depend on context.

For example, during WW2 it was not ok for Germany to invade Poland/France/Denmark/Belgium/Holland/Norway/Yugoslavia/Greece/Russia/et al.

But it was ok for the Allies to invade Germany in response.

In this case, Russia and Belarus started an illegitimate war of aggression by invading Ukraine. That is not ok.

But if the war were to expand to include NATO countries coming to the active defense of Ukraine, it would be ok for NATO to invade Kaliningrad and Belarus as part of that aim of stopping Belarussian/Russian aggression, freeing Ukraine, ending the war, and restoring stability.[/QUOTE

Belarus has not sent troops to Ukrainian, even if they did, what reason would Poland have to attack them.
Just for context, I have relatives in 3 major cities that are being bombed right now.

Posts: 1182 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
Belarus has not sent troops to Ukrainian

From https://www.independent.co.uk/...-putin-b2025596.html

quote:
Belarus troops have entered the Chernihiv region in northern Ukraine, joining the Russian invasion, according to Ukrainian authorities.

A tweet from the Ukrainian parliament on Tuesday morning followed earlier local media reports that Belarusian troops had arrived in the north of the country as the conflict entered its sixth day.

The official Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Twitter account posted: “Belarusian troops entered Chernihiv region.

“The information was confirmed to the Public by Vitaliy Kyrylov, spokesman for the North Territorial Defense Forces. More details later.”

According to local media reports, a Belarusian column of 33 units entered Chernihiv, with mobile communications cut

Belarus - a servant of Moscow under strongman leader Alexander Lukashenko - has already been used as launch pad by Russian troops, who gathered there on the pretext of joint military exercises before last Thursday’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine.

Posts: 32670 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by scsigs:
Belarus has not sent troops to Ukrainian

From https://www.independent.co.uk/...-putin-b2025596.html

quote:
Belarus troops have entered the Chernihiv region in northern Ukraine, joining the Russian invasion, according to Ukrainian authorities.

A tweet from the Ukrainian parliament on Tuesday morning followed earlier local media reports that Belarusian troops had arrived in the north of the country as the conflict entered its sixth day.

The official Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Twitter account posted: “Belarusian troops entered Chernihiv region.

“The information was confirmed to the Public by Vitaliy Kyrylov, spokesman for the North Territorial Defense Forces. More details later.”

According to local media reports, a Belarusian column of 33 units entered Chernihiv, with mobile communications cut

Belarus - a servant of Moscow under strongman leader Alexander Lukashenko - has already been used as launch pad by Russian troops, who gathered there on the pretext of joint military exercises before last Thursday’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine.
[/QUO

Just in case you missed it, I am Ukrainian with relatives in those areas.
There is a lot of misinformation and outright lies on both sides.

But I do believe Belarus will be dragged into it as well as Kazakhstan because Putin bailed both out when they had the uprisings.

According to local reports, a Belarusian column of 33 units had entered the region, located north of Kyiv, with mobile communications cut.

Several hours later, however, Western allies had not backed up the reports — and Belarus itself was rejecting the claims.

In Washington, a U.S. defense official briefing reporters said the U.S. had “no confirmation that the Belarusians are entering Ukraine, we’ve seen no indication of that

Posts: 1182 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Skull Leader: Those two appear to know what they're about.

Found out who the one guy is (the guy on the left, I assume?): Robert Terkla. Started out as an 11B (infantryman), became an Army sniper (those guys are bad-ass), and served with Seal Team 3.

Didn't catch who his guest is, but he, likewise, appears to know what he's about.

The other guy is Matt Tardio. He was recently on the Mike the Cop Podcast. He's a former Army SF guy and LEO.

Mike The Cop Podcast with Matt Tardio

Posts: 11186 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Thanks ^^^^^

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:...
In Washington, a U.S. defense official briefing reporters said the U.S. had “no confirmation that the Belarusians are entering Ukraine, we’ve seen no indication of that

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44082 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moldova is going to get steam rolled as well. Moldova is sandwiched between Ukraine and Romania.

Basically, it you're not part of NATO or the EU, you're kind of hanging out on your own.

When I lived in Romania in the bad old days I never could have imagined that Romania would one day become a NATO member so anything is possible.

Putin might want to steam roll right through Moldova to the Romanian border just to have NATO shit its pants.

Posts: 1459 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ At that point, wouldn't the Romanians start shooting? Heck, wouldn't a lot of people (including in NATO) be prepared to say the Romanians were justified in doing so?

Come to think of it, maybe that's the way to do it. Have the Romanians confer with the Moldovans, claim concern that an attack on Moldova is an attack on Romania given the distances involved and the speed of modern armor, and set up Romanian forces on the Moldovan border with NATO's full backing.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, they wouldn't. In that scenario, if Putin stays on his side of his newly acquired Russian Moldova border, NATO isn't going to start a shooting war. Of course a NATO/Russian misunderstanding is what a lot of folks are concerned about.

In fact, today the Romanians sent a Ukrainian fighter back to the Ukraine minus the armaments it landed with because they didn't want to be provocative in case the Ukrainian fighter might decide to strafe a certain 3 mile long Russian convoy on its way to Kiev.

Posts: 1459 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, hell no, and fuck no.

Anyone saying NATO needs to come to the aid of Ukraine is either a neocon or a neolib and out of their mind with emotional righteousness and zero sense.

If ANY NATO country engages in military action against Russia, Russia will be at war with ALL of NATO. The idiot that steps out of line starts WWIII. NATO would be wise to publicly state that any member that engages the Russians first will be ejected from NATO and they will be on their own. We simply cannot let this become Russia vs. NATO. Ever.

That said, it needs to be clear that any attack by Russia on a NATO nation can and will result in full scale counterattack with our entire arsenal. But I think it's more likely that Biden would let Russia take one or two (Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania) before a real response. If that happens then NATO falls apart and it's every country for itself.

This is serious business, and Ukraine can fight until they are defeated, but they will be defeated, at least in the short term. Giving up their nukes in the 90's in exchange for a non-aggression promise from Russia was the biggest strategic mistake they could make. If they still had nukes, they would be off limits.

The bigger picture is the fact that Ukraine had a Russia friendly government until the Obama administration and CIA helped overthrow it and install Zelensky. And then Biden and Hunter enriched themselves like pigs wallowing in the ensuing corruption. Membership in the EU and NATO were dangled like carrots but never granted.

That means the Democrats and the deep state will have indirectly caused the deaths of perhaps millions of Ukranians when this is over. They should have known better. A non-NATO western friendly anti-Russian country bordering on Russia can never exist very long.

The EU membership voted on today doesn't do much except perhaps unify the EU with sanctions against Russia. But already even Switzerland is enacting sanctions so admitting Ukraine is largely symbolic.

The only hope is that the economic sanctions actually work and Putin decides to withdraw, but it's unlikely. He is 69 and probably doesn't want his legacy to be failure. The greater risk is goading him into a greater conflict or using a tactical nuke on Ukraine. Drop a nuke on a relatively unpopulated area, tell them Kiev is next if they don't give up, tell NATO "don't fuck with me or I WILL start WWIII".

Posts: 4769 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
“Putin may circle Kiev with tanks,
but he’ll never gain the hearts and souls of the Iranian people.”
– Pres. Joe Biden 2022 SOTU Address

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24293 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

I was wondering if I was the only one who caught that. Roll Eyes

Posts: 20225 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44082 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
President Zelensky's remote, and sometimes emotional, address to the EU Parliament, as you can hear in the voice of the translator.

@ 9 minute video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?ti...f8Y&feature=emb_logo

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pres. Joe Biden Mr. Potato Head 2022 SOTU STFU Address

FIFY. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14068 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

I was wondering if I was the only one who caught that. Roll Eyes

No, you most definitely are not the only one who caught it. I was listening to the speech on radio off a local ABC station and caught it immediately and laughed out loud... but more surprisingly, the ABC commentators that analyzed and summed up his speech mentioned it, along with a couple of his other gaffs, lightly criticized him, and then pointed out that mistakes like that are to be expected in his speeches because he is a "gaff machine".

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
Putin might want to steam roll right through Moldova to the Romanian border just to have NATO shit its pants.
That seems unlikely.

Putin has at least a half-baked "excuse" for what he's doing in Ukraine. He has absolutely zero justification for invading Moldova. Particularly since Moldova has remained steadfastly neutral.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Battle plans show rolling in to Moldova.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ensig,

I hadn't seen the YouTube video that Kimber displays above when I made my comment.

'If' Putin chooses to roll over Moldova, he'll bring his mess right up to the Romanian (NATO) border. Putin loves a good game of Chicken. Frankly, I'd be more surprised that he wouldn't roll up Moldova if he's successful in Ukraine.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
That seems unlikely.

Putin has at least a half-baked "excuse" for what he's doing in Ukraine. He has absolutely zero justification for invading Moldova. Particularly since Moldova has remained steadfastly neutral.

IF, Russia advances into Moldova, it would confirm the theory that Putin's goal is to secure it's borders by recapturing/influencing territories from the former Empire. Moldova, along with Romania and the Southern coastal areas of Ukraine sits across the Bessarbian Gap, one of two strategic geographic entrances into Europe; the Northern European Plain which Poland sits across, is the other. Romania is largely protected by the Carpathian mountains, however its Black Sea coastal area and the Danube River delta is where an invasion force would go through...or, from the Russian perspective, where a force from the West would push-in from.

Both access points Russia very much wants to control as they both natural entrances from the West into Russia. Putin and the rest of the Central Committee view the EU, NATO and every other Western European organization as a threat to Russia: militarily, economically and socially.

Posts: 14818 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post