SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 192
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
Banned
posted Hide Post
People are pouring out Russian vodka but the last two years nobody stopped buying Chinese products.

Who's really jerking our chain?

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tirod:
People are pouring out Russian vodka but the last two years nobody stopped buying Chinese products.

Who's really jerking our chain?

The problem is, they will get more sales out of it. People will pour it out, a week later forget why they did it and buy it again.

Posts: 1182 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Meh, they can do what they like...as long as they don't start pouring out the good Polish potato vodka. That would be a crime.

Agreed. Personally, I'm a Luksusowa guy. I think it's the best value (quality vs. price) in vodka, period.

Posts: 32654 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Monopolowa for me thanks. Wink

Posts: 20217 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Monopolowa for me thanks. Wink

But... That's not Polish vodka. It's Austrian vodka.

Posts: 32654 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I'll be damned. For some reason I always thought it was Polish. Oh well...it's still damn good potato vodka.

ETA: According to wiki:
quote:
Monopolowa, originally a Polish brand, is a vodka made in Austria by Gessler. It is distilled from potatoes and is marketed under the brand name of J. A. Baczewski.

So there's that. Wink

Posts: 20217 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I'll have the Paloma Blanca...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44063 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'll have the Paloma Blanca...

¿Solamente una?

Posts: 2967 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
¿Quién dijo uno?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44063 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It does say “Polish” right there on the side of the bottle so I can see how there could be confusion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21171 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Social media video from the controversial Azov Battalion of the Ukrainian National Guard shows members coating bullets in pig fat to deter Russian fighters who hail from the majority-Muslim region of Chechnya.

It is sad that the peeps cheering this on, would sanction an American sodlier doing the same thing.

Remember- Regardless of who you root for- no one is telling the truth. My rule of thumb- if politicians are for it, I should be against it. If what they claim is true, the opposite is the most likely answer.
Everything is political bloviating. People are hungry for the truth, but, they are not going to get it

Posts: 1421 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
It does say “Polish” right there on the side of the bottle so I can see how there could be confusion.

'Luksusowa' IS Polish Vodka! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9066 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
It's becoming it's own meme online - out of any three reports on the conflict in Ukraine, four are wrong.

Most of the combat reporters wearing more body armor than the participants is like watching someone waist deep in flood waters report while children walk behind them sloshing ankle deep.

And hearing that George Soros is supporting Ukraine doesn't even make a dent in the news. He sure made a dent in our protests and immigration policy lately. It's like the public's memory is a whiteboard to be wiped clean every two weeks and a new story written on it to fit the next goal of the agenda.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
War propaganda is powerful stuff. A little alarming that folks actually believe any of the nonsense our broken media peddles.

Posts: 1990 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

The same government cabal and complicit media that brought us Russian Collusion as a proven fact now present Putin's Gone Crazy as an explanation- What's to doubt or question.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13423 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.politico.com/news/...ighter-jets-00012560

Ukrainian pilots have arrived in Poland to start the process of taking control of fighter planes they expect to be donated by European countries

the Ukrainian parliament on Monday tweeted that Europe was sending 70 fighter planes to Ukraine, including 28 MiG-29s from Poland, 12 from Slovakia and 16 from Bulgaria, along with 14 Su-25s from Bulgaria.

With the air corridors to Kyiv closed by Russian anti-aircraft weapons and fighter jets, U.S. and European powers have started pushing weapons into the country by road.

Poland, Estonia and Latvia were some of the first to act, sending ammunition, Javelin anti-armor weapons, fuel and medical supplies to the Ukraine border for hand-off to Ukrainian forces.

Finland announced it would join the club, pledging 2,500 assault rifles, ammunition, 1,500 anti-tank weapons and 70,000 ration packages to Ukraine. Sweden is also readying a large arms and aid package, announcing the upcoming delivery of 135,000 field rations, 5,000 helmets, body armor and 5,000 anti-tank weapons

Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Mélanie Joly is heading to Poland Tuesday to coordinate the shipment of 100 Carl Gustaf anti-armor rocket launchers, along with 2,000 munitions and other aid.

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz announced he was sending 1,000 anti-tank weapons and 500 Stinger missiles to Ukraine,

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
https://www.politico.com/news/...ighter-jets-00012560

Ukrainian pilots have arrived in Poland to start the process of taking control of fighter planes they expect to be donated by European countries

the Ukrainian parliament on Monday tweeted that Europe was sending 70 fighter planes to Ukraine, including 28 MiG-29s from Poland, 12 from Slovakia and 16 from Bulgaria, along with 14 Su-25s from Bulgaria.

With the air corridors to Kyiv closed by Russian anti-aircraft weapons and fighter jets, U.S. and European powers have started pushing weapons into the country by road.

Poland, Estonia and Latvia were some of the first to act, sending ammunition, Javelin anti-armor weapons, fuel and medical supplies to the Ukraine border for hand-off to Ukrainian forces.

Finland announced it would join the club, pledging 2,500 assault rifles, ammunition, 1,500 anti-tank weapons and 70,000 ration packages to Ukraine. Sweden is also readying a large arms and aid package, announcing the upcoming delivery of 135,000 field rations, 5,000 helmets, body armor and 5,000 anti-tank weapons

Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Mélanie Joly is heading to Poland Tuesday to coordinate the shipment of 100 Carl Gustaf anti-armor rocket launchers, along with 2,000 munitions and other aid.

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz announced he was sending 1,000 anti-tank weapons and 500 Stinger missiles to Ukraine,

20 A-10's with munitions would have caused some havoc.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tirod:
It's becoming it's own meme online - out of any three reports on the conflict in Ukraine, four are wrong.

Most of the combat reporters wearing more body armor than the participants is like watching someone waist deep in flood waters report while children walk behind them sloshing ankle deep.

And hearing that George Soros is supporting Ukraine doesn't even make a dent in the news. He sure made a dent in our protests and immigration policy lately. It's like the public's memory is a whiteboard to be wiped clean every two weeks and a new story written on it to fit the next goal of the agenda.

quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
The same government cabal and complicit media that brought us Russian Collusion as a proven fact now present Putin's Gone Crazy as an explanation- What's to doubt or question.

I agree, but who wants to be invaded by Russia? Last time it happened the Russians brought the Holodomor. They’re probably not too hot on round two.

Posts: 10001 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

'Luksusowa' IS Polish Vodka! Wink

Exactly. Luksusowa (shown in my earlier post) = Polish potato vodka.

Monopolowa (referenced by Gustofer but not shown) = Austrian potato vodka.

Monopolowa's bottle says "Product of Austria" and "Produced [in] Vienna, Austria". No mention of Poland/Polish on its bottle. Although, as mentioned by Gustofer, apparently it was made in Poland at one point in its earlier history. So I guess it could be considered a "Polish-style" vodka?

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

20 A-10's with munitions would have caused some havoc.

Provided they had trained pilots to fly them. But there are no Ukrainian A-10 pilots.

However, there are Ukrainian Mig-29 and Su-25 pilots. Hence why they're providing those models.