SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods?
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 52
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods? Login/Join 
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Gas price spikes won’t be stopping any time soon, said Tom Kloza, global head of energy analysis for the OPIS. Wholesale gasoline prices rose between 1 cent to as much as 12 cents a gallon in trading Monday in different markets across the United States. Those increases will be passed onto to drivers at the pump in relatively short order.

“I think we’ll hit $4.50 a gallon before it turns around,” said Kloza. “The risk is how bad this gets, how long this goes on. Even $5 a gallon nationwide is possible. I wouldn’t have predicted that before the fighting started.”

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Costco's around me are listing the following for Regular:

$5.09
$4.85
$5.08
$5.15
$5.05

Posts: 14632 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Last night going home I drove past my usual and customary gas station and it was $5.55. This morning driving to work the same station increased their price overnight to $5.67.

I expect $6.00 shortly.

Posts: 4074 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Missed my chance to buy gas at “only” $4.50 yesterday. It’s $4.80 today.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Regular = $3.979

Premium = $4.549

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31420 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Upstate South Carolina:

Regular $3.99
Mid $4.39
Premium $4.79

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
$3.79 Saturday, $4.15 today. Diesel is $4.99 Mad

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
$5.89 today

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Now this idiot Biden is blocking import of Russian oil and blaming ALL gas price raises squarely on Russia. For those of us with a memory, the gas prices started raising well before two weeks ago. That's why he tapped the strategic oil reserve in November 2021.

Complete fucking moron. He could have said we are limiting imports to 80% of the last 12 months barrels per day average and every week longer it goes they lose 10% more. In nine weeks they hit zero exports to us and it buys us time to beg our other enemies for oil (Venezuela and OPEC), or God forbid ramp up our own production.

No instead knee jerk reaction which will get a knee jerk reaction from the markets, I think we easily see $6+ this week and even more next week. Had we eased into it it still would hurt Russia, but deaden the blow to us. I'm a stupid electrician and I think I could govern better than Biden after I'd been on a three day bender.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Now this idiot Biden is blocking import of Russian oil and blaming ALL gas price raises squarely on Russia. For those of us with a memory, the gas prices started raising well before two weeks ago. That's why he tapped the strategic oil reserve in November 2021.

Complete fucking moron.

But that is the problem. I honestly don’t think Biden is making any decision anymore, the man is a husk, a shell, he’s virtually walking dead at this point.

It’s whoever is controlling him behind the scenes, they are making all these idiotic decisions, and how the hell do we know who they are?

It’s infuriating, and it’s not sustainable.

Posts: 33750 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

Complete fucking moron. He could have said we are limiting imports to 80% of the last 12 months barrels per day average and every week longer it goes they lose 10% more. In nine weeks they hit zero exports to us and it buys us time to beg our other enemies for oil (Venezuela and OPEC), or God forbid ramp up our own production.

No instead knee jerk reaction which will get a knee jerk reaction from the markets, I think we easily see $6+ this week and even more next week. Had we eased into it it still would hurt Russia, but deaden the blow to us. I'm a stupid electrician and I think I could govern better than Biden after I'd been on a three day bender.

Gas prices started rising at the end of 2020 (Mid-December), but due to certain Executive Orders/policy changes, prices were rising in earnest by LAST February! By the end of June 2021, Gas Prices had increased by 40%! Gas prices have been steadily increasing ever since POTATUS has been in charge...And then everything goes off the rails last week! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8864 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The last time gas prices were this high (2008 here) I was in a thirsty Infiniti that required premium.

Now I'm in a slightly less thirsty 87 burning Malibu, and in a better than broke-college-kid position.

My dad is on 2 waitlists for a Hybrid Maverick.
Would be a massive MPG jump over his 6.2l Denali Suburban & his >300k miles 02 4wd Silverado.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15255 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I filled up the 4Runner today...
The prices were high but there were no lines. Availability is still good.

As an aside, I notice that a lot of Illinois people must vote for high gas prices but fill up their cars in Missouri.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24050 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gas prices started rising at the end of 2020 (Mid-December), but were rising in earnest by LAST February! By the end of June 2021, Gas Prices had increased by 40%! Gas prices have been steadily increasing ever since POTATUS has been in charge...And then everything goes off the rails last week!

I'm quite aware of that. The Biden stickers have been around since spring/summer of 2021 and I have a memory unlike what the administration and MSM would like to believe.

PS Biden has been seen all over Delaware and Scranton putting a bunch of these stickers on gas pumps. He's trying to win the information war.

PPS, actually found that at work in ultra leftist Loudoun County. You know you done fucked up when your own people hate you.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Gas prices started going up not long after president potato was inaugurated. By my house, gas was $1.62/gallon the day Trump left the White House. The price had already more than doubled by December to $3.29/gallon. It’s $4.29 today.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3960 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...ices-soar/ar-AAUNoYp

We were warned months ago about gas prices going up to $7, $8, $9.

81 million voters did that. And you will like it.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gas prices in the US have been on an upward trajectory every since they bottomed out in May 2020.

Posts: 1947 | Location: Northeast, OH | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erikras:
Gas prices in the US have been on an upward trajectory every since they bottomed out in May 2020.

The difference being that 6/20-1/21 was a reversion to the mean where as 1/21 on was a direct result of policy decisions.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erikras:

Go look at the historical price chart. They began to skyrocket after Bidet took over.
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/h...epm0_pte_nus_dpg&f=m

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3960 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
Biden is such a liar and a fool when it comes to his energy policy. When he stopped the completion of the Keystone Pipeline, one of his reason was because "oil pollutes." No, I don't have a link, but I damn well know he said that because I heard him say it. He and Obama made sure it would not be available, and now that we need it, he and his former boss are entirely responsible.

He talks about 9,000 oil leases the "oil companies" are not utilizing. What the hell is he talking about? Where did those figures come from? He and his Wall Street cronies like Larry Fink, CEO of Blackrock, have been undermining investments in oil and gas for quite a while now. All their talk about renewable energy rings pretty hollow now. This country sure as hell deserves better, and maybe enough people will wake up this year and wreck the majority the Democrats have in the House and Senate. They damn well better.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post