SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods?
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 52
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods? Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Double, since the Big Guy took the big chair.

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShouldBFishin:
In less than two weeks I've got a 1200+ mile trip to drive. Not looking forward to spending extra money on fuel.

We move from Alaska to Virginia on the 15th. It'll cost over $3500 for gas!!!

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Welcome, new neighbor!

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$4.99/gal. at Costco today in the South Everett area of Seattle metro..

Posts: 1451 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
6.17 in my neck of the woods. 7 something in the tonier parts of town.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$6 for regular at Costco with silly long lines. $6.50 for regular at the neighborhood Exxon.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
^^^^
Welcome, new neighbor!

Thanks! But it'll be my 2nd unit in VA Iwas in Gloucester for 4 years. This time we'll live in NC.

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
So yeah, that's great. It turns out that releasing all our emergency fuel from the Strategic Reserve didn't save Biden or your wallet. Instead, prices are expected to easily hit $5 by July 4 (but remember Joe saved you $0.16 that one time!).

I think we'll be well over $5 a gallon for regular by then, and maybe even $6, given how fast it jumped the first time and steadied, and how fast it's jumped again. $4.89 a gallon yesterday, we'll probably be over $5 by June 4th. Fuuuuuck.
The futures market doesn’t match what you’re typing:
  • July futures are $0.1266 less than today's close of RBOB
  • August futures are $0.2818 less than today's close of RBOB

If you believe what you’re typing go long on RBOB futures.

DISCLOSURES:
  • My employer sells gasoline, and I'm still not in that portion of the business. However, I am still prohibited from buying or selling refined product, crude oil, or natural gas futures.
  • I'm still not an investment advisor.

• This was back on page 30. Today I paid $5.04 a gallon. I guess I need to start investing.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Get my pies
    outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
    posted Hide Post
    Just saw someone on Zero Hedge warn that if we are already at $5 a gallon gas NOW, we are just one major supply shock or world event away from $10 a gallon gas.

I almost WANT gas to be $10 a gallon and store shelves bare as shit this November 8th Mad

The Democrats won’t be able to cheat their way out of the beatdown they have coming.

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    I Am The Walrus
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by PASig:
    The Democrats won’t be able to cheat their way out of the beatdown they have coming.

Don't ever underestimate how low those sons of bitches will go.

Posts: 13110 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Just got back from walking the dogs and prices at our local discount stations for regular are $6.35, of course the Cheveron and Shell stations are even higher and if you're closer to the freeway, higher still.

I'm going to RSO at our range tomorrow morning so I'll be passing a convenience store on the reservation where I'll fill up but if past prices compared to city prices are any indication, regular gas will likely be around $5.75

These prices are up $.30 since yesterday afternoon

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Serenity now!
    posted Hide Post
    Local Costco this morning...

$4.52 and $5.04

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    The Unmanned Writer
    Picture of LS1 GTO
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by navyshooter:
    quote:
    Originally posted by navyshooter:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
    $6.49 is the norm around here for 87. $6.79 for 92.

Yep, $6.49 a gallon at the station down the street from me.

Belay my last. It's now $6.59 as of 30 minutes ago.

Don’t feel all special about yourself, come down the 15 to Carmel Mt. and you will [still] see the same. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Partial dichotomy
    posted Hide Post
    I was out of state and returned home yesterday to find regular at $5.59. Very surprised!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
    Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Crusty old
    curmudgeon
    Picture of Jimbo54
    posted Hide Post
    The price for Reg. jumped up .10 to $5.09 overnight. Frown

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I ran went ran up to Roxboro, NC to the bank and saw that most stations had 4.39 posted. One gas station had $4.59 on their sign.

Well, this morning I ran up to Chapel Hill to hit the gym and the Wegmans. All gas stations had $4.59 on display.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Syngin1066
    posted Hide Post
    $4.39 at Costco, $4.79 at Kroger this morning.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
    Picture of Balzé Halzé
    posted Hide Post
    It's difficult to know whether to laugh or cry at how insane this tweet is.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
    NRA Life Member (Patron)
    God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
    Picture of Balzé Halzé
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

This was back on page 30. Today I paid $5.04 a gallon. I guess I need to start investing.

Anyone thinking the price of gas is going down anytime soon doesn't have his eyes open, and I don't give a shit what the "futures" say.

The price won't go down because this administration has no intention of letting it go back down.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
    NRA Life Member (Patron)
    God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
    Picture of Jelly
    posted Hide Post
    This did NOT Age well for brandon

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post