SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods?
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 52
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods? Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Gas prices started rising at the end of 2020 (Mid-December), but were rising in earnest by LAST February! By the end of June 2021, Gas Prices had increased by 40%! Gas prices have been steadily increasing ever since POTATUS has been in charge...And then everything goes off the rails last week!

I'm quite aware of that. The Biden stickers have been around since spring/summer of 2021 and I have a memory unlike what the administration and MSM would like to believe.

I wasn't criticizing your post, I was bolstering your argument... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8772 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erikras:
Gas prices in the US have been on an upward trajectory every since they bottomed out in May 2020.
That's not a very good summary. Gaoline price increases were gradual between May '20 and Nov '20, increases were larger Nov '20 to Nov '21, increases picked up pace in Dec '21, and took off like a rocket ship on Feb 24th.

Gasoline (RBOB) in red, and crude oil (WTI) in green:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23091 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Lets see a projected chart with 550,000 barrels a day missing from the national supply. That's what was getting imported from Russia.

It's almost like they provoked this situation to get more traction for the Green New Deal.

I have a vacation proposed to the Gulf Coast this summer, fuel prices have already gone up 100% since last year. (We locked in last August, rent in a condo has already gone up.) Along with inflation etc boosting fuel costs another 100% might reach the tipping point of cancellation.

Yall might need to hit the calculator for any future planned events. And expect plane flights to go up, too.

I can see corporate slowing way down on junkets and trips, but not Congress. And nobody will call them out on it.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
All 20 stations in my town are $4.20 a gallon.

The Sams Club is $3.85. They had a huge line, hundred cars in line, to get gas.

I don’t understand the mentality of these gas lines like that, all that sitting and idling and you are probably spending more money than you are going to save, plus time is money. A guy like me just simply does not have the time to sit for hours in line for gas, I’ve got little kids at home that need to be watched, and a wife that will go crazy if I don’t get home to support her.

I experienced that issue back in the Carter years. I kept my engine off, simply pushing my car whenever the line moved. Saved gas depending on the length of the line. iirc some lines were pretty long. If they were too long I would bail, because by the time you'd otherwise reach the pump, they would close down via running out. I leaned that the hard way. I believe we have the most incompetence in the White house in history. If that's wrong, it couldn't be by much.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8633 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/econ...-per-gallon-for-gas/

California’s average price rose above $5 a gallon for the first time ever, hitting $5.44 on Tuesday. News of shockingly high prices across the Golden State is spreading.

The Chevron in the town of Mendocino was selling regular gas at $8.45 a gallon on Tuesday.

De Haan told SFGATE that he doesn’t see a drop coming yet, if at all, noting that California’s average could near $6 — and an increasing number of stations in the Golden State may charge over $8 a gallon.

Posts: 19494 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Now this idiot Biden is blocking import of Russian oil and blaming ALL gas price raises squarely on Russia. For those of us with a memory, the gas prices started raising well before two weeks ago. That's why he tapped the strategic oil reserve in November 2021.

Complete fucking moron.

But that is the problem. I honestly don’t think Biden is making any decision anymore, the man is a husk, a shell, he’s virtually walking dead at this point.

It’s whoever is controlling him behind the scenes, they are making all these idiotic decisions, and how the hell do we know who they are?

It’s infuriating, and it’s not sustainable.

I think he joined the walking dead dead some time ago. We just started noticng it after he moved into the WH.

Posts: 8633 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roustabout:
Biden is such a liar and a fool when it comes to his energy policy. When he stopped the completion of the Keystone Pipeline, one of his reason was because "oil pollutes." No, I don't have a link, but I damn well know he said that because I heard him say it. He and Obama made sure it would not be available, and now that we need it, he and his former boss are entirely responsible.

He talks about 9,000 oil leases the "oil companies" are not utilizing. What the hell is he talking about? Where did those figures come from? He and his Wall Street cronies like Larry Fink, CEO of Blackrock, have been undermining investments in oil and gas for quite a while now. All their talk about renewable energy rings pretty hollow now. This country sure as hell deserves better, and maybe enough people will wake up this year and wreck the majority the Democrats have in the House and Senate. They damn well better.

The nine thousand figure he said he pulled out of thin air, like the rest of his lies and so called statistics - also lies. The way he comes up with numbers when he's giving a speach, he counts the nuber turds he passed the previos day, and multiplies them by any number between 254 and 10 million, and that's his figure. Actually he has an aid to do the calculation. The only hard part about that is getting the POTUS to remember exactly how many he had the night before. It's a real challenge to remember something like that.

posted Hide Post
Meanwhile at the Local Kroger in O’Bannon, KY, regular gas now $4.45/gallon. Had a $0.30/gallon credit from 2 previous shopping trips to Kroger.
Going downhill at the store and gas pump!
Regards,all.
Blackhorse4

Posts: 87 | Location: North central Kentucky | Registered: October 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These gas prices are hurting everyone.....some more than others. I wonder how many voting democrats are beginning to sit up and take notice.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And in Congress, Ilhan Omar has stated she will vote against shutting down Russian oil due to the "devastating impact" on the Russian people.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...cid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
These gas prices are hurting everyone.....some more than others. I wonder how many voting democrats are beginning to sit up and take notice.

That's the nice thing!! It hurts the Dem's as much as us! Hope it makes them think when they vote, the thing is---- Can Dem's think for themselves?

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Larry Kudlow on Fox Business made a great comment on the "9,000 oil leases", skip to 2:12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3UHN6YyYNA

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSAC:
And in Congress, Ilhan Omar has stated she will vote against shutting down Russian oil due to the "devastating impact" on the Russian people.

Well, I'd vote against it too, unless we go full bore with domestic energy production. Full bore.

Why? Because I care about my family first, my country second, and my fellow countrymen third. Ukraine frankly is way the hell down on that list.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30285 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don’t understand the mentality of these gas lines like that, all that sitting and idling and you are probably spending more money than you are going to save, plus time is money. A guy like me just simply does not have the time to sit for hours in line for gas, I’ve got little kids at home that need to be watched, and a wife that will go crazy if I don’t get home to support her.

Most people can't readily convert their free time to more money. Either they are paid hourly and the number of hours able to work is fixed without mutual agreement from the employer, or they are paid salary regardless of the number of hours worked.

The only other way to convert free time to money is trade some of it away for savings (converting time savings/convenience into lower costs products or services--for example, watching your own kids instead of paying for daycare) or to convert the free time into additional income through an additional job or side work.

In any case, the conversion from free time to more money isn't frictionless. Somethings, like adding hours to your job, finding a second job, or substituting some services are very high barrier. Other things, like shopping for deals, clipping coupons, or waiting in line for gas, are low barriers of entry.

Leisure time has some value to people. The value goes up when things are otherwise optimal and there's a finite amount of it. When things are not optimal (trying to pay bills, stress at home, etc) or when you have too much of it (boredom), the leisure time often has little value. Often, time conversion must be done in task specific blocks to be worth anything (spending 17 minutes to do 1/3rd of a brake job doesn't save you money), so people have little blocks of time throughout the day that are otherwise worthless to them.

So, yeah. Not everyone goes through an in depth analysis of how their time could be better spent before driving up into a Costco gas line. Most don't have to though: they simply think to themselves, "Eh, I've got nothing else better to do..." and most of them would be right--they really don't have much of anything else better to do. Can't convert their time to more money, and judging by the proliferation of social media and media consumption in general, most people have more leisure time than they know what to do with.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/i/status/1501237242806915081

Biden argues the high gas prices are the perfect opportunity to force people to buy electric cars : "It will make America a leader to exporting clean energy to countries all around the world. This is the goal we should be racing towards."

Green new deal BS

We should be racing towards throwing DEMs out of office all over the country

Posts: 19494 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Saudis and Emirates refused to take Bidens call about pumping more oil.

SMDH

Posts: 33573 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Today we're at:

Regular $3.88
Premium $4.38
Ethanol Free Premium $4.73
Diesel $4.38

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Here in Dallas today (Tuesday, March 8), we're up around $3.60.

In Los Angeles, they showed one Union 76 station selling Regular at $6.34.

The running joke is that murders in LA are down because the gang members can't afford to fill up their cars to commit drive bys...

Posts: 4492 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paid $4.29/gallon for regular unleaded today at Costco 30 minutes north of Seattle (Snohomish county).

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonATI
posted Hide Post
Regular jumped 10 cents to 3.79 this morning and then went up another 10 cents during the day.

Posts: 428 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post