SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods?
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 52
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gas jumped up $.30 in the last 4 days, what’s it doing in your neck of the woods? Login/Join 
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Was out driving today and gas prices were at $4.25/gal in Louisville.

Below story from UK’s “Daily Mail”. The photo here, shows petrol (gasoline) in Britain at £1.83/liter; that works out to $9.18/gal.

But, “no more mean tweets” from “Bad Orange Man”. Just a totally incompetent, demented, old fool in the White House, leading from behind, right?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...crisis-MPs-warn.html

UK is facing bigger economic shock than 1973 oil crisis, MPs warn

An economic shock worse than the 1973 oil crisis is looming for the UK amid fears prices could hit $240 a barrel this summer, MPs said last night.

UK is facing bigger economic shock than 1973 oil crisis as energy prices soar and ban on Russian imports is set to pile on more pressure, MPs warn

An economic shock worse than the 1973 oil crisis could hit Britain this summer

Rocketing inflation and rising oil prices could hit Britons in their pockets

Tory MPs have warned over the Government's policy response to the crisis

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:

An economic shock worse than the 1973 oil crisis is looming for the UK amid fears prices could hit $240 a barrel this summer, MPs said last night.

UK is facing bigger economic shock than 1973 oil crisis as energy prices soar and ban on Russian imports is set to pile on more pressure, MPs warn

But will there be a bigger economic shock than the 1973 oil crisis?

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Shocking I tell ya... Eek

Get ready for SHOCK & AWEfully high gas prices!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Ours has continued to go up 20 to 30 cents every few days.
It's now up a dollar total in the last two weeks from $3.29 to $4.29.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
3.59 yesterday 4.09 today DFW area.

Posts: 5302 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vermont. Fuel oil- $4.90 per gallon, gas- $4.29

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1128 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:

But will there be a bigger economic shock than the 1973 oil crisis?

But is the economic shock going to be worse than the oil crisis of 1973?

(Fixed it for you)

[Corrected it for you]

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
$5.99 this afternoon Roll Eyes

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Regular at $4.29 this morning; diesel at $4.89.

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
$3.999 at my usual station last night.
$4.999 for diesel

Definitely makes me glad I've been remote all week & haven't had to commute.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:

C'mon back home, where it was only $4.09 at the Hurricane exit of I-64 about an hour ago.
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
This thread title seems pretty meager in the retro scope.....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
This thread title seems pretty meager in the retro scope.....

Agreed, we've been having roughly $0.10 jumps daily.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VictimNoMore:
quote:
Originally posted by navyshooter:

C'mon back home, where it was only $4.09 at the Hurricane exit of I-64 about an hour ago.
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

My escape plan is in work Wink

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10355 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Anybody starting to see any siphoning/theft?

I've been considering getting another locking gas cap. Haven't had one since about 1980.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
$1.16 a liter here or $4.40 a gallon. 10 days ago it was $0.95 a liter or $3.61. 80c jump per gallon in the last 10 days.

I go through about 1 full tank every 3-4 weeks so I can easily absorb the price increase. For people who commute however... that's a steep increase for people who are barely scraping by as it is.

Posts: 798 | Location: Southern NH | Registered: October 11, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Five bucks a gallon for regular this morning.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5480 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Drilling your gas tank from below is the new normal around here. Siphoning is so 70's...

Posts: 1451 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Boy, that's ballsy.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hildur:
$1.16 a liter here or $4.40 a gallon. 10 days ago it was $0.95 a liter or $3.61. 80c jump per gallon in the last 10 days.

I go through about 1 full tank every 3-4 weeks so I can easily absorb the price increase. For people who commute however... that's a steep increase for people who are barely scraping by as it is.

Gone up over a $1 a gallon here this week. I put $100 in my vehicle yesterday and it didn't fill it up, I have to get gas at least 3 times a week just to go to work.

Montani Semper Liberi