SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 ... 482
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Looks okay to me. I wonder if you used it with the bracelet if it would appear bigger?

I really like mine; identical to yours. I have the engineer's bracelet on mine.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39184 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
That's what I'm wondering. I'm a little over 6'3" and around 250 so I usually like a bigger watch. It's the smallest watch I've owned and I think it might take a little getting used to.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by shoevb:
After patiently waiting a while, my number finally came up for a Komodo. I really like the watch a lot but it looks small on my wrist. I'm mulling over what to do since I'm not sure about it.

I'm a big fan of white watch faces.

I know your Pain, I have 8.5" wrists and love my Komodo but it does look small, what you might want to try is a black BUND strap.

Bund Strap

I think the black leather would look good with the white faced komodo, I have one on my orange one. I noticed your Citizen is on something similar

Posts: 3745 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I hadn't seen that watch band before. It might be the answer.

The band on the Citizen is kind of a cheaper Velcro version.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
The history on Bund straps is pretty cool too, they were for German Aviators in WW2, the leather protected the bare skin from burns or freezing temps of the metal back and also had the benefit that they soaked up sweat.

Posts: 3745 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shoevb:
After patiently waiting a while, my number finally came up for a Komodo. I really like the watch a lot but it looks small on my wrist. I'm mulling over what to do since I'm not sure about it.

IMG_2173 by D Shoe, on Flickr

Congrats! I love the Helms! That's a lot of watch for a little price.
One of these days.... Im 2600 +/- on the list for the KHURABURI TITANIUM...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8506 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Fischtown, that's pretty interesting. I started looking at the one you suggested and didn't realize they were so popular since I wasn't familiar with them.

Thanks CPD SIG, it is an extremely high quality watch for the money but I'm still not sure about the size on my wrist.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: shoevb,

Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Bought the Steinhart Ocean One Phantom blue 42mm back in September. I liked it but never really loved it. I seem to keep getting hung up on the 42mm size on my large wrist. Also, I really have no use for a GMT. I just ordered the Ocean 44 last Thursday and it arrived today. That's some damn fast shipping from Singapore. The Phantom is titanium and I think I enjoy the weight of the stainless steel better. Just something about how it feels on my wrist. So I'm going to try this one out for a bit but I believe the Phantom will be on the chopping block.

I ended up here because I keep looking at the Omega Black Black Seamaster but it has two hang-ups for me given the price. One, I like a date window on my watches. Two, for the money even when looking at used ones, I'd at least like the option of a bracelet instead of just a rubber strap.

Posts: 1316 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steelcityfishanddive:
The Phantom is titanium and I think I enjoy the weight of the stainless steel better. Just something about how it feels on my wrist. So I'm going to try this one out for a bit but I believe the Phantom will be on the chopping block.

I switch back and forth between heavy stainless steel divers and my old titanium chrono. It's a neat thing, IMO. On the one [heavy] hand, it's a nice feeling, always absolutely knowing my watch is there. With the titanium, the fun comes from completely forgetting I've got a watch on.

I wear a heavy watch more often, but I enjoy both.

God bless America.

Posts: 13824 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ I like the sound of that contrast. A titanium watch should go on my list.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39184 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steelcityfishanddive:
Bought the Steinhart Ocean One Phantom blue 42mm back in September. I liked it but never really loved it. I seem to keep getting hung up on the 42mm size on my large wrist. Also, I really have no use for a GMT. I just ordered the Ocean 44 last Thursday and it arrived today. That's some damn fast shipping from Singapore. The Phantom is titanium and I think I enjoy the weight of the stainless steel better. Just something about how it feels on my wrist. So I'm going to try this one out for a bit but I believe the Phantom will be on the chopping block.

I ended up here because I keep looking at the Omega Black Black Seamaster but it has two hang-ups for me given the price. One, I like a date window on my watches. Two, for the money even when looking at used ones, I'd at least like the option of a bracelet instead of just a rubber strap.

Congrats! I think the Ocean 44 looks great on your wrist. I've got a big wrist too and won't go any smaller than 42mm, but (like you) the 44mm is my preference. I have a couple titanium watches, but I agree with you that the weight of a nice stainless steel watch does have it's place. Enjoy!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10255 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
^^^ I like the sound of that contrast. A titanium watch should go on my list.

Yes, it should! Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13824 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Ocean 44 and Phantom 42 comparison

Posts: 1316 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My performance bonus arrived today!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34365 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
My performance bonus arrived today!

Very nice, have been wanting a Tudor myself.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Sweet! BB58?

Posts: 11431 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Sweet! BB58?

Yes, It wears large for a 39mm. I think that's why the new BB54 is 37mm.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34365 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Nice bonus Marzy, looks great.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Tudor looks GREAT Marzy!!! Congrats!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10255 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went biiiiiig with this one.

45.5 mm not counting the chunky crown. 50mm lug to lug. Love this case, it’s used by Heimdallr on their “Godzilla” watch. Lots of facets and angles.

Bill R

Posts: 1137 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post