SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 ... 483
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I just purchased a Bulova Sinatra The Best is Yet to Come. Pictures after I pick it up later today.

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13854 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Loving the SBEP003.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21220 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
That's gotta be a little tough to read.... Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13854 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Loving the SBEP003.

You're not fooling any of us here! We know an ankle monitor when we see one and have a pretty good idea now about how you obtained those watches you've been acquiring!!!! Big Grin

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10259 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Aha!! Now the truth is out! Big Grin

God bless America.

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
He has so many watches and only two wrists.

Posts: 3813 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Couldn't wait any longer for a Pepsi from the AD or bring myself to pay what they go for gray. So I grabbed a Batman and think I may like it better.

I have one too. I did switch out the bracelet. I took the one off my no date sub and got another one to match. Boy was that not cheap...

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10985 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
That Waltham has a Verge escapement and not a Swiss Lever.

Hey Mars....check yer emails I sent one the other day and haven't heard back from you... thx.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10985 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coloradohunter44:
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Lee:
Couldn't wait any longer for a Pepsi from the AD or bring myself to pay what they go for gray. So I grabbed a Batman and think I may like it better.

I have one too. I did switch out the bracelet. I took the one off my no date sub and got another one to match. Boy was that not cheap...

My sister was looking for a watch for my BIL for Christmas and I talked her into one of the new batman Seiko SSK GMTs. And now I'm jealous. The real thing is a bit out of reach.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10569 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
While getting my wife her Christmas present I had a little bit of fun looking at all the pretty new watches my local boutique received this month.

I LOVE this IWC!

They have a used Omega Speedmaster Skywalker. First time I’ve seen one in the wild. It’s a light watch! I love the look and feel of the NATO strap on this watch but I’m not sure about those Seattle Seahawk-esque colors. Big Grin

The Kermit is growing on me.

After careful consideration I decided to do the sensible thing. I pulled the trigger on my final watch purchase of 2023, the super cool 1968 Seiko 5 Sports reissue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21220 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
^^^ I love living vicariously through you!

Posts: 3813 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Well….That watch was a dud. The movement stopped once at the boutique. I wrote it off as a quirk and probably due to the tiny crown that makes hand winding the 4R36 movement difficult.

When the watch cut off again on the way home I quickly called my watch enabler and she told me to come back and exchange it for the other 1968 reissue they have in stock. Cool

My favorite boutique was BUSY today but my favorite sales lady still patiently let me look at the Zenith, Omega, Panerai, Rado & Grand Seiko watches that caught my eye. I truly love trips to the local boutique.

I am happy to report the new Seiko vintage reissue is working perfectly.

It looks good under ultra violet light. I love the fluorescent orange second hand. The lume isn’t quite as bright as an SKX or Turtle but it’s not terrible either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:

This 100%
I love that IWC, not sure about the Kermit

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15970 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
This week has been "Seiko Solar PADI week" here in the mountains. Cool

This beauty came to my by way of forum member CraigCPA. I haven't seen him around here in quite some time.... Confused

God bless America.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:

This 100%
I love that IWC, not sure about the Kermit

We saw one recently while on vacation and my wife said of the Oris Kermit “that was THE most ugly watch I’ve ever seen.” Big Grin

Now I definitely have to get one…eventually. The case shape is comfy and it’s made out of titanium. The green is really something to behold. Pics don’t do it justice. The Kermit face only shows up on day 1 of the date wheel.

Now for something completely different.

Tonight I felt inspired.

I think this might be my best Seiko mod ever.

Behold the Seiko 7002 bumblebee vacation special edition #1 of 1.

I would say this Seiko 7002 mod manages to be both stunning and brave at the same time.

The alligator pattern brown leather and rose gold clasp along with the etchings on the inside case-back from previous watchmakers who serviced this 7002 as well as opportunistic vandals who somehow, against all odds, gained access to the inside of this 7002 and left their mark prior to me absolutely destroying the movement make this a diamond in the rough.

These combined aesthetic moments of brilliance give this 7002 an elevated level of suave and deboner that one cannot artificially create. This level of detail and craftsmanship is rare in the watch world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4179 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Present to myself.

Been looking for one of these for awhile now.

Posts: 974 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post