SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 ... 476
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I really like that, except the color of the hour and minute hands.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38805 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
I really like that, except the color of the hour and minute hands.

Yeah, they were the only ones I had on hand in that style, but they would look far better in plain black instead of the vintage color.

Bill R

Posts: 1128 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I feel like a jerk even mentioning it. It's cool that you can do that at all in my opinion. I've always wanted a yellow dial watch and that bracelet looks great.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38805 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
I feel like a jerk even mentioning it. It's cool that you can do that at all in my opinion. I've always wanted a yellow dial watch and that bracelet looks great.

Never really thought I could do it, it took a few hours of the youtube rabbit hole for me to decide to give it a shot…

But once you get into it a bit, it really does make for some fun. Worst part is usually waiting for delivery on the parts. Once I get some more hand sets in, and maybe a good looking chapter ring, this one is going to be re worked!

Bill R

Posts: 1128 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Stylophiles,

I really like some your pieces, I have been thinking about getting in to the mod thing. I'm going to start with some easy bezel insert replacements.

How do I know what size to get? What style of Seiko are these modeled after? They are right at a 43mm case. Inside bezel is right at 32mm

Posts: 5370 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I guess I need to buy a micrometer to do this, getting no where

Posts: 5370 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think the bezels are measured at outside diameter in mm…

Not sure which case that one would be modeled on, maybe the SSK? But if you went with outside diameter, you should be able to find a selection on eBay. If you don’t mind the wait on international shipping, Ali express will be about 1/4 the price. Which usually just means I end up buying 75% more stuff…

Bill R

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
BigSwede, that looks like an aftermarket Marine Master 300 style case.
Link to similar case at Crystal Times

I have come VERY close to picking one up as a fun base for a mod build.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21152 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
These are my two work watches and have been in heavy rotation lately.

The one on the left even got a compliment from a customer while I was at work. It pulls off that vintage Seiko look incredibly well!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21152 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Stylophiles,

I really like some your pieces, I have been thinking about getting in to the mod thing. I'm going to start with some easy bezel insert replacements.

How do I know what size to get? What style of Seiko are these modeled after? They are right at a 43mm case. Inside bezel is right at 32mm

That dial is a direct copy of several Sinn models.

Posts: 3579 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Found it

Prospex SNR05 models

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
BigSwede, it is going to be exceedingly difficult to mod one of those right now. They are 4 hand/GMT so the spacing will be different inside the case. There is a similar 3 hand version to this watch as well as the “baby marine master 200” which preceded it so if you are looking for a base to build up to your specific taste the earlier 3 hand variants would be the way to go.

I’m probably going to mod my baby marine master 200 to correct some unfortunate mistakes like the misaligned chapter ring along with better hands.

Now back to the four hand one you posted up, they are fairly expensive watches ranging from $1500-1700 but IMO it’s one of the best watches Seiko has made in the last few years. It feels far better than the real deal MM300 on the wrist and looks pretty darn good too.

They come in Green (stunning in person) black and a limited and individuality numbered ice dial. I went with the ice. The blue GMT hand on this baby really pops.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Has anyone here purchased a carbon cased watch?

I’ve been tempted by Doxa and Tissot carbon case watches lately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
This is one of my newest acquisitions. It is from the Stickman. Absolutely love this modded Seiko 7002. I thought long and hard about an orange face on a watch but, it is absolutely remarkable. Now I want a bright green face watch and a yellow faced one. Bright watches are where it’s at baby. Thank you Stickman!!! [IMG:left] [/IMG]

Posts: 4070 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Has anyone here purchased a carbon cased watch?

I’ve been tempted by Doxa and Tissot carbon case watches lately.

Oris had one I've wanted, but it's a limited edition & $$$

Edit: The Williams F1 carbon cased Oris
https://www.ablogtowatch.com/o...mited-edition-watch/

This VB77 carbon/carbon model listed for $4,700 when new and was limited to 770 pieces.

Looks like the non CF faced model lists for a bit over $2k on Joma, but is out of stock.
https://www.jomashop.com/oris-...64-07-4-24-50bt.html

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15462 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
I thought long and hard about an orange face

Welcome to the club, sir! Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13547 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post

She is a beauty! I’m glad you are enjoying it 357Fuzz! Cool

It is my opinion that Orange dial divers are among the best looking watches on this planet.

I was stoked when I managed to convince my friend VThoky to try out an orange dial Seiko and he became a fan. Big Grin

My wife got tired of my watches and NATO straps cluttering up the top of my dresser so for Valentine’s Day she bought me a nice big watch box. I replied “oh sweet now I have room for 10 new watches”. She didn’t think my comment was funny at all. Hhahahhahahhahahah

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'd maybe be tempted by an orange Samurai.
My Monster hasn't been getting a lot of wrist time recently. The CZ has been the EDC for a couple months.

Posts: 15462 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I'd maybe be tempted by an orange Samurai.

Yes, you would. Cool Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by vthoky last August:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Friends, I'm really enjoying this orange Samurai that stickman lent me. Cool

Keep thee far from mine sight!

Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13547 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
You're a bad man!