SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 ... 485
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of steelcityfishanddive
posted Hide Post
Finally found a Tudor in 43mm. Picked up a very gently used Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer on a deal.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Very nice and the strap is perfect for that!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39324 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Finally getting myself organized. By buying a 12 watch case, I hope that keeps me from going overboard. Then again, I had to leave out a couple of cheapies. It'll also help me keep them in better rotation.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39324 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
6guns! The second watch in the top row... is that SRPD03 -- the Dawn Gray Samurai? Eek

#GreenWithEnvy Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13935 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ It is. It needs some more wrist time, though it is a bit big on me.

ETA: I'm wearing it today.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 6guns,

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm honored to be able to give my Grand Seiko to my nephew for his 50th birthday.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
#GreenWithEnvy Cool

Agreed, might be my favorite of that little collection, even with its 3:00 crown Razz

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16036 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Seiko Bellmatic from the late 60's, bought in Hong Kong when I was on a brief R&R from Vietnam. Wore it for about 10 years until it eventually stopped working, then placed in a display case. Would this watch be a good candidate for repair, and are there companies/individuals that specialize in this?

Phu Bai, Vietnam, 68-69
Baghdad, Iraq, 04-05

Posts: 41 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: April 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eagle0199:
I have a Seiko Bellmatic from the late 60's, bought in Hong Kong when I was on a brief R&R from Vietnam. Wore it for about 10 years until it eventually stopped working, then placed in a display case. Would this watch be a good candidate for repair, and are there companies/individuals that specialize in this?

I have seen them on Chrono24 from around $250 to just under $1000. It sounds like it may have some semimetal value to you. If it were mine I would have it repaired if possible.

I would contact Seiko to see if they can recommend someone that can service vintage Seiko watches. If Seiko does not have a recommendation I would join the Watchuseek forum, go to Seiko section and ask if anyone can recommend a vintage watch maker that repairs older Seiko's.

The biggest problem would be getting repair parts. You said it just stopped working so maybe it might only need a new main spring. This is something that might not be that difficult to get.

Hopefully it only needs a complete service. This would be a complete dissemble and cleaning of the movement then lube and reassemble.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2644 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
It needs some more wrist time, though it is a bit big on me.

I could help you solve that problem, mister! Big Grin

quote:
I'm honored to be able to give my Grand Seiko to my nephew for his 50th birthday.

Best uncle ever!

God bless America.

Posts: 13935 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
It needs some more wrist time, though it is a bit big on me.

I could help you solve that problem, mister! Big Grin

quote:

Best uncle ever!

Haha! Sorry to say (for you) that it's feeling pretty comfortable today. I had been wearing my white faced Komodo a lot over the past few months with the engineer's bracelet and got used to that weight. I think that's helped adjust my head to this larger watch.

Thanks for saying that. I hope he likes and appreciates it. My nephew is adopted Korean with very small wrists. I think it'll be prefect on him.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry to say (for you) that it's feeling pretty comfortable today.

Big Grin

God bless America.

Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eagle0199:
Wore it for about 10 years until it eventually stopped working... Would this watch be a good candidate for repair, and are there companies/individuals that specialize in this?

Did you ever have it serviced during that time? Just as cars need regular oil changes, so too do watches need cleaning and lubrication periodically. That may be all yours needs. Any watchmaker should be able to do that.

Posts: 657 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
eagle - another possible option is to check with some other independents like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/@WristwatchRevival

He has done repairs/restorations on a variety of makes & models, but he seems to really like situations like yours - sentimental value with history. I think it would be great to watch him bring yours back to life!

Posts: 5036 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was a fascinating video, marksman.

I cannot imagine how much time that guy has under his belt repairing watches. He made the complete disassembly, cleaning / refurb, and reassembly of that vintage Rolex look easy.

Great videography and narration and identification of all of the parts and components and their respective functions!

Thank you for posting it!!

Posts: 3598 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
I have to get a 2nd job.

Today.

Posts: 4224 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Eek
Glad I'm not much of a Rolex guy.
Grail watch for me is an Omega Moonwatch

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16036 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I have a Rolex polar Explorer II arriving via FedEx any minute now. Between my trade and cash, I paid about what a new one would have cost from an AD including sales tax. But this one is two years old. Still, it's the current reference and under warranty.

Posts: 3707 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
And she's here.

Posts: 3707 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
Isn’t she a beautiful baby!

I live vicariously through you gents on this thread.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1637 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post