SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
It's been a bit for me, but this one brought me out. Seiko SJE093 62MAS tribute LE

Is that the one with the 6L37 movement rOgue? It looks superb on that strap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Much better on that strap than the OE rubber strap.
After the rubber strap I have on my CZ, not sure I'd do another, grabs on everything. Much prefer a fabric strap or bracelet.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
After the rubber strap I have on my CZ, not sure I'd do another, grabs on everything. Much prefer a fabric strap or bracelet.

Is it cheap rubber, or actual FKM rubber or silicone ? If it's just a cheap rubber strap, try FKM or silicone instead. I like those better than cheap rubber or even nylon, but not quite as much as a bracelet (on most watches).

The "Elite Silicone" bands from Barton Watch Bands are my favorite silicone straps. Partly due to the quality and comfort, and partly because some of their colors are offered in long lengths for my 8+" wrist. You can also get them on Amazon.

https://www.bartonwatchbands.c...licone-quick-release

https://www.amazon.com/Barton-...Bands/dp/B07B5PJZZ9/

These FKM straps from Long Island Watches are high quality and comfortable too.

https://longislandwatch.com/is...band_material:Rubber

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Could just be the specific rubber Citizen decided to use. Fine for a sport watch that'llget sweaty, but deters from EDC, due to how much it grabs on everything.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Here's my latest pickup, an Islander Bayport in sort of a warm mahogany brown with yellow accents. Marc at Islander calls it "root beer". Got it lightly used for $125, normally $325.

https://longislandwatch.com/is...-brown-dial-isl-121/

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Root beer is an accurate description, I think. Looks good

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Is that the one with the 6L37 movement rOgue? It looks superb on that strap.

Yep

Posts: 11388 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Much better on that strap than the OE rubber strap.

Same. I don't get rubber straps at all. Same experience.

Posts: 11388 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
SA Hellcat FDE----yeah yeah sure......................but can anyone get the make/model on the watch in this ad?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4579 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:...I don't get rubber straps at all.

For a true diver, I like rubber/silicone better than fabric or metal because it doesn't trap little particles of sand, silt, and micro organisms.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Hey, y'all, look what stickman lent me!

Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
can anyone get the make/model on the watch in this ad?

That's got a bit of a square-looking case. Any chance it's a Bell & Ross?

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LMLarsen
posted Hide Post
That’s what I’m thinking.

Posts: 271 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
SA Hellcat FDE----yeah yeah sure......................but can anyone get the make/model on the watch in this ad?

Nice watch, who makes the knife?!?!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
IDs get easier if you can find a higher resolution photo...

quote:
but can anyone get the make/model on the watch in this ad?

(Discontinued) 5.11 Field Watch 50513

https://www.511tactical.com/it-en/field-watch.html

quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Nice watch, who makes the knife?!?!

SOG Pentagon FX

https://sogknives.com/pentagon-fx-fde/

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
VThoky & I met up at our local AD for a customer appreciation event.

I managed to walk out with only having purchased a nice strap but I found a new grail watch which is just fricking incredible.

Seiko’s answer to the Rolex Sea-Dweller the Grand Seiko reference SGLA015 is a brushed and polished titanium spring drive MASTERPIECE.

At first glance it almost doesn’t look titanium. Yes, the metal is a slightly more gray tone but the brushing and polishing is something I’ve never seen done so well on a titanium watch before.

Pics do not do this watch justice it’s unbelievable handling one in the wild.

I was standing there holding it wondering if I sold all of my Seiko watches and a few Swiss watches would this be an appropriate replacement. I think it might be. Eek

At over $11k retail it is priced to similarly to the Rolex Submariner although its build materials make it stack up better against the titanium Sea-Dweller. I know it probably won’t hold its value nearly as well as the Rolex but in my eyes it is VASTLY superior to both Rolex models.

I also had a chance to take a second look at the latest titanium Shoguns.

You guys might remember I mentioned the (super easy to remember) reference SPB357. My AD is working on getting another as they sold that one but still had the other two colorways. I want to see both side by side again but I’m actually leaning towards the light blue/purple SPB351 seen on the far left.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I gotta stop opening this thread.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
VThoky & I met up at our local AD for a customer appreciation event.

Holy smokes, man! I saw that first pic before scrolling any, and thought you had gone back over there after I left! Big Grin
(Hey, did you know about this? https://grandseikogs9club.com/ )

Y'all, that watch stickman ogled looks hella heavy, given its shape, size, and general "chunkiness." But built with the titanium case and bracelet, I think it's almost as light as my [25-year] old Seiko Ti chrono. That Grand Seiko is SO much lighter than it's perceived to be.

I joked with stickman: I'd have to sell all my watches and my car, and then get a second job to be able to grab that GS.

As the Shogun goes, our excellent local AD almost always has SPB191 -- not shown in stickman's picture, but with a white face.

Seiko SPB191 and the [much more affordable] SBGN029

It was a bit of a relief to me that they didn't have it on hand yesterday. I'm at a mental impasse: stop buying neat versatile Seikos and save up the money for my eventual Grand Seiko (perhaps the SBGN029), or forgo getting a GS so as to enjoy more of the more affordable ones.

Meanwhile, as mentioned above, stickman lent me his orange Samurai. Maybe I am bold enough to wear an orange watch... I'm really liking it!

God bless America.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Maybe I am bold enough to wear an orange watch...

I didn't think I would like/could pull off an orange watch either, but took an instant shine to the orange SRPD, and it has made for a great summertime go-to watch.

If you still aren't totally sold on the full orange Samurai, there's always the "dawn gray Samurai" SRPD03K1 that was mentioned a few pages back, which would be a good alternative that tones down the orangeness. (But could be tougher to find, since it's a limited edition.)