SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Pickle Rick, It was an eBay purchase but it was a US seller. They are elastic so it’s not your typical NATO type strap. I really like that the elastic keeps the watch firmly on my wrist but doesn’t feel too tight. Super comfy straps.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marin...lN6xzU4svTp17G1aOMbw

I really like the green and yellow on my Ventus Northstar. I’ve been wearing these straps more than my usual Nato & Mesh bands.

Thanks for this - my husband complained the next day about having to push his watch up his arm constantly and it not being terribly comfortable. I bought him the grey band from your first pic and he hasn't taken off his watch since. He said it's the most comfortable watch band he's ever owned.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Can't tell from the pictures of these elastic straps here or on eBay. There are two styles of marine Nationale elastic straps with the main difference being how many layers of elastic are under the watch. How many layers with this model from eBay?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I just finished this for my wife. Hard to believe men once wore watches this small. 1940 Lord Elgin driver in 14K rose gold with a very nice matching early Spiedel stretchy bracelet.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
jhe888, It’s not the greatest video but it gives you an idea of the screen in shade and full sun. My iPhone 7 doesn’t take the best videos.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/v4SpeZbuOAc

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Leeann, I’m glad the recommendation worked out. They have become one of my favorite straps because of the snug and comfy fit. They are not expensive either. I’ve been wearing my green Ventus on that green strap quite a bit lately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Leeann, I’m glad the recommendation worked out. They have become one of my favorite straps because of the snug and comfy fit. They are not expensive either. I’ve been wearing my green Ventus on that green strap quite a bit lately.

Could you please answer my question above about these straps? I'd appreciate it. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Can't tell from the pictures of these elastic straps here or on eBay. There are two styles of marine Nationale elastic straps with the main difference being how many layers of elastic are under the watch. How many layers with this model from eBay?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One layer under the watch.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leeann:
One layer under the watch.

Great! Thanks Leeann! Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Stickman. It is better than many negative displays.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Bald1, I wasn’t ignoring you. I just didn’t know the answer to your question and didn’t want to give you incorrect info. I have been wearing my gray and red strap (the one on the Bulova devil diver) while doing yard work and I’ve intentionally put it on if I’m expecting whatever watch I’m wearing to take a beating. I haven’t been able to stretch it out too much. It’s a little frayed from tearing down vines and cutting down trees in my yard but for the price I paid it’s held up quite well so far. I think a little flame from a lighter would likely fix the small area I’ve frayed by pulling down vines and thorns in my yard. My devil diver is my absolute beater watch meaning if I am doing something where a watch could/would get hurt or damaged I put it on. My Bulova already has a cracked bezel insert and Bulova wants more than the watch costs new to fix it so if I’m doing something I expect could hurt a watch I put that rat bastard on and wail away. Big Grin Both the Bulova and the strap have held up surprisingly well thus far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Ok. Time to test your watch identification skills.

What kind of watch is Stickman wearing tonight?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ok. Time to test your watch identification skills.

What kind of watch is Stickman wearing tonight?

A dive watch?

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Make and model?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Big Grin

Make and model?

You did ask what kind of watch you were wearing Wink

In that case it is a Glycine Combat Sub.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
ding ding ding! You know your watches. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
ding ding ding! You know your watches. Cool

Thanks.
Last year I got the bug for GMT watches. I bought a Tudor Black Bay GMT while on a Disney cruise back in December.
When We got home I started looking at other GMT watches and found the Glycine Airman 42. It is a 4 hand automatic GMT with the white dial.
I have also been looking at Bronze watches. This is where I saw the Combat Sub in Bronze with the blue dial and blue bezel.

NRA Life Member

Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
I’ve heard good things about the Helm watches and decided to give one a try. I got the Khuraburi model and, so far, I’m really impressed. You have to be quick on your feet to get one when they’re in stock, they go really fast. But, their communication is excellent, packaging and shipping are great, and prices more than fair. I got the watch, a leather band, a canvas band and the NATO band, plus the bracelet. Paid extra for the leather and canvas. And, wouldn’t you know, I’ve now got another band on it that I already had, LOL. It’s a band that came on a Citizen watch I bought years ago and took off because I thought it didn’t match the watch. However, I do like it on the Khuraburi, but I’m pretty fickle about watch bands, so I’ll probably be switching around.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Today was Samurai day!

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tooky13:

I think Matt Helm makes possibly the best "bang-for-your-buck" dive watches around. All of them rated to 300 meters and everyone ISO certified. I have all three models and if Matt makes it, I am buying it. I'm wearing the Komodo right now.

Congrats on a great dive watch.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Tooky13, NICE! That’s a great looking watch. I too have heard only good things about these watches, the people who own them seem to absolutely love them. I have a Helm Vanuatu on pre-production order. Hopefully it’ll be heading my way in June or July but with the way things are right now who knows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~