SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 ... 474
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I've been rocking a different bracelet on my orange Seiko lately. It's a step up in quality from the cheap factory bracelet. It's not quite a shark mesh (which is what I was originally considering before settling on this), but it's kinda trending that way in style.

I figure, if you're going to have a flashy orange watch, the bracelet ought to be a bit flashy too. Big Grin

Posts: 32562 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Nice! Source?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
https://www.amazon.com/BINLUN-...st_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

With a milled clasp to replace the cheap stamped one that comes with it:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...H145QNETW&th=1&psc=1

Not too shabby for under $30 all told.

Posts: 32562 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
https://www.amazon.com/BINLUN-...st_sto_dp&th=1&psc=1

With a milled clasp to replace the cheap stamped one that comes with it:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...H145QNETW&th=1&psc=1

Not too shabby for under $30 all told.

I have the same bracelet on my Tutima FX UTC… yes, great value for the price.

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the links.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Thanks for the links.

Is there a pun in that? Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13525 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
RogueJSK,

Niiiiiice! That bracelet looks really damn good on that watch!

I have a DLC version of that bracelet with a dull outside and polished mesh section on one of my blacked out Seiko 5 sports. They are comfy and look great.

On a more ridiculous topic I think I have found the ultimate Seiko that isn’t a diver.

Ranging from $11,000 on up to $16,000+ the SBGH267 high beat limited edition whirlpool Grand Seiko is IMO the ultimate Seiko to own if you don’t fancy dive watches and rotating bezels. Eek

What a dial….

I don’t think I’ll ever own one but it is in my opinion one of the best sports watches/ non diver Seiko watches ever made.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21129 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
eTripper, That helm looks superb on the orange NATO. I don’t know why it never dawned on me to try that out.

That’s a very SKXy Deep Blue. Wink

Thanks, stick! I appreciate the upvote. The orange gives a nice contrast to the Helm's black face. I had an orange NATO on my Vostok Europe, and decided to try-it on the titanium.

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
A GS is definitely in my top 5

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15383 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
Well, it can't compete with the Grand Seiko shown above, but I didn't have a blue-faced watch so -- in honor of my upcoming flight from Seattle to Frankfurt on a 747-400 -- I just ordered a Timex Pan Am 42mm watch. (Pan Am was the airline that requested a new airliner from Boeing, which launched the 747 program.)

https://timex.com/products/tim...trap-watch-twg030100

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Thats a cool one, Brian. And I'm jealous of the 747 ride. Not a lot of passenger 747 options anymore.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15383 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Friends, I'm really enjoying this orange Samurai that stickman lent me. Cool

Keep thee far from mine sight!

Orange Sam hit the river with me this morning.

Cool Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13525 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Looks "peachy"! Wink

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4584 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Probably because I can't take a good picture of it. Razz

Better? Big Grin
(Image grabbed from ablogtowatch.com)

God bless America.

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Stickman: I was wondering if you'd seen the new "Limited Edition-25th anniversary of the Caliber 9S mechanical watch movement", SBGJ275 coming out from Grand Seiko on September 1st?

The similarities between it and last year's SBGE275 are pretty stunning (as is it's looks), with what appears to be the same dimensions and a dial depicting, "...the layered sea of clouds that envelops Mount Iwate as dawn breaks", vs the snow fields on Mount Iwate. GS has done away with the power reserve indicator on the dial and replaced the 9R16 Spring Drive with a caliber 9S86 Hi Beat movement that (by all indications) offers far less accuracy and a diminished power reserve. Last year's SBGE275 was limited to 1500 pieces and this year's SBGJ275 is limited to 2000 pieces. Perhaps there's more to this than meets the eye, but I'm somewhat surprised and disappointed by what appears to be only a slightly modified SBGE275, with a lesser caliber movement. Is there something I'm missing here? Are there any pluses to using a Hi Beat movement vs the Spring Drive that I'm missing? Your thoughts?

BTW: The SBGH267 has a fantastic dial, but why offer this model with the Hi Beat when the Spring Drive certainly seems to provide better specs??? The price these two were offered at when introduced was/is the same.

Last year's SBGE275:

This year's "New" SBGJ275:

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10210 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Taking a moment to show a new Sinn that I've been waiting months for and just received last week. It's the Model 857UTC and I replaced the OEM leather strap with a NATO. While I'd have preferred to have acquired this watch with the PVD/DLC finish, I have no idea if/when that will be offered here in the US, and I think the tegimented finish on this version is plenty resistant to corrosion and scratches.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10210 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I love the 857 UTC, and that one looks great on a NATO.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
Well, it can't compete with the Grand Seiko shown above, but I didn't have a blue-faced watch so -- in honor of my upcoming flight from Seattle to Frankfurt on a 747-400 -- I just ordered a Timex Pan Am 42mm watch. (Pan Am was the airline that requested a new airliner from Boeing, which launched the 747 program.)

https://timex.com/products/tim...trap-watch-twg030100

Very cool watch!!! Love the "Retro" look and at a fine price too!!!

Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
...I'm jealous of the 747 ride. Not a lot of passenger 747 options anymore.

I read that Lufthansa has eight 747-400s still flying, but they will soon be replaced with 777s. The article said they had 19 747-8s, and are the largest operator of those.

As a boy, I watched the land being cleared for Boeing's "new" factory, watched the building being constructed, and watched the roll-out of the first 747, named The Spirit of Everett after our city. It wasn't until several years later that I flew on one, a Northwest Airlines flight from Tampa Florida to Seattle via Chicago. That's the only trip I've had on a 747, and this upcoming one is likely to be my last.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Another Komodo...with orange accents.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38723 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post