SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 ... 473
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
My mother just beat cancer.

Good news for and congrats to your mama, stickman!

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post
quote:
What do you guys think about Steinhart’s new Titanium DLC Ocean GMT?

I picked the blue 42mm up and really like it. It is super light and wears well. I thought the hands might be hard to see, but it is actually easy enough to read for these old eyes.

Got the 39mm green for my wife as a surprise for an upcoming event, then the even was cancelled and I don’t want to rub it in her face. So now I have to return, hold onto it for another occasion, or sell it. Oh well, 1st world problems for sure!

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 570 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
rkentm, If you do decide to sell it please shoot me an email. I might be interested. Smile Thanks !

Post up a pic of your blue Phantom. I got a blue one too and I love it!

You guys telling me to start a YouTube channel discussing watches might convince me to do it. I have over 2k views total today and a few comments on two wrist roll videos I filmed today for the hell of it! Eek

Interesting….

Pic of one of the watches that’s getting lots of attention on the YouTube.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Glad your mom beat cancer, Stickman. And yes, of course you should do a channel. Big Grin

The Maratac came in. The hands are orange in person, far more than the pictures do justice. There's no missing these at a glance.

They do fluoresce...

The lume is very good.

I of course, immediately took it off the bracelet, carefully packed that back up in the box, possibly never to be used again... Brushed titanium scratches so easily. I put a small gouge on the inside of the lug with a springbar end. Nobody's ever gonna see it, but that's a taste of some serious patina to come. I'm probably gonna beat this thing like a rented mule after I get over the first time I put a good rash on it somewhere, but still. It wears very well on a NATO. I was expecting floppy, chonky wear to it, but the titanium is true to it's promise and it's very light. It's taller than my other watches, but it isn't bothering me so far. I'd say I like it. The Hamilton Khaki Field on a NATO is 2.61oz. The Maratac on a NATO is 2.92oz. That's so close. I think I like it so far. Adjusting the second crown is a bit fiddly so far, but that's lots of armhair and lack of practice. Big Grin

Posts: 17137 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous watch P220 Smudge! Great call on packing away the titanium bracelet. Part of me wishes I had done that with my Helm. You are quite right titanium while light and strong does tend to scratch much easier than stainless steel. That watch looks great on that NATO. It matches pretty dang good.

I couldn’t help but notice the He with the circle around it. Does that watch have some kind of pressurized gas inside the case similar to Sinn? I don’t know how I didn’t notice it before.

What does the case back look like?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
I couldn’t help but notice the He with the circle around it. Does that watch have some kind of pressurized gas inside the case similar to Sinn? I don’t know how I didn’t notice it before.

Likely representing there is a Helium(He) escape valve:
"2. Automatic Helium Escape Valve!"

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4580 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thanks! It's got a helium escape valve between the crowns, not that I'll ever do any saturation diving. I thought I found the first real scratch next to the escape valve in the picture, but no, that's an arm hair the second crown snagged. Big Grin

Posts: 17137 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admit nothing. Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.
Picture of rkentm
posted Hide Post

Stickman, I’ll drop you an email.

"Ladies and Gentlemen - The Fit has hit the Shan!"

Posts: 570 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I’ve been trying to convince myself that it is ridiculous to want to get one of these. They are stupid expensive but they are VERY rare and I LOVE how it looks. It’s a Doxa I see holding it a value very well long term.

You're absolutely right!
Totally ridiculous!

Be sure to post the Pictures when you get it! Big Grin

HUGE CONGRATS on Mom beating Cancer!!!!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
That Maratac is awesome Smudge, congrats.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15331 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Stickman: Congrats on your Mom's health improvements! I think it'd be great if you started a YouTube channel on watches! I'm already a big fanboy of a few other YouTubers, but I'd gladly subscribe to your channel!

P220 Smudge: I think that orange NATO strap would really pop on that watch. Great selection for a diver. Of course it's certainly a good candidate for a variety of straps and that's one of the nice things about that design and it's particular color(s). Wear it in good health!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. She is an amazingly strong woman. I’m sure she was scared and angry but I never once and I mean not even once saw her cry, get angry or seem the slightest bit scared. She exuded supreme and total confidence that she would do what needed to be done to beat cancer, which included chemo and surgery. Her attitude and confidence was truly something to behold.

P220 Smudge, Oh my goodness I feel like a doofus. Of course He with the circle on the dial is referring to a helium release valve. I was admiring P220 Smudge’s gorgeous Ti diver past my bed time while barely awake as the NyQuil began to take a hold. Big Grin I’m on something like day 11 of fighting off a heck of a virus that is apparently going around. I’m definitely getting better but it’s a VERY slow process.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I am probably going to regret asking this question, but p220smudge, do you mind sharing the Maratac model number and/or the approximate cost thereof?

Posts: 3725 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
I am probably going to regret asking this question, but p220smudge, do you mind sharing the Maratac model number and/or the approximate cost thereof?

https://countycomm.com/product...-bracelet-by-maratac

Titanium DC-50 Dual Crown 50ATM Diver Automatic Watch With Date + Bracelet by Maratac®!
Regular price $499

add 15jay coupon code for 15% off

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
^^^ Thank you Bald1.

I really, really, really need to quit opening up this thread. That watch "talks to me". Ugh.

Posts: 3725 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
^^^ Thank you Bald1.

I really, really, really need to quit opening up this thread. That watch "talks to me". Ugh.

Indeed, vicarious living on my end.
That $499 really isn't a bad price for a good looking piece, though...

Posts: 15331 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
P220 Smudge: I think that orange NATO strap would really pop on that watch. Great selection for a diver. Of course it's certainly a good candidate for a variety of straps and that's one of the nice things about that design and it's particular color(s). Wear it in good health!

Thanks! Yeah, the camera doesn't quite capture it, but the hands are a day-glo or blaze shade of orange. The chapter ring is more pumpkin, like the strap. I'm gonna look around for a NATO in a similar shade to the hands later.

h20ys, they're out of stock now, but this was the second run of the titanium variant and I'm fairly sure they're gonna do another. I signed up for the restock notification, thankfully. Most runs of their watches tend to sell out in under a week, sometimes a day or two.

*Edit- Just checked and apparently that new run is already back in stock lol. Jump while you can if you want one!

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
^^^ Note to self, stop checking this thread as I really would love one but I am not sure I would survive the tongue lashing from my spouse.

I will just have to dream from afar lol.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
It's been a bit for me, but this one brought me out. Seiko SJE093 62MAS tribute LE

Posts: 11389 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Very nice, r0gue
Nice clean look