SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Monsters

Dangit, y'all! The more you guys show pics of orange Monsters (and clones), the more I think I'd like to try an orange Samurai. Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Feeling cute today. Might change watches later. Big Grin Big Grin

I’m trying to talk my wife into selling that mother of pearl dial Steinie to get a quartz MOP dial Tag Aquaracer. She wears a Citizen Eco-Drive most of the time because she doesn’t like how the “automatic is always dead”. I explained to her that she needs to wear an auto for it to work and if she does that it won’t die for years but she goes weeks with a watch and weeks without so a quartz seems most logical. Don’t worry JHE I didn’t forget you, if it gets listed you’ll be the first to know. Wink

Today is a Doxa day for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
When I got my orange Komodo, I thought I might sell my orange monster; the smaller Komodo fits better on my small wrists despite it's height. Still...the monster has a solid Seiko feel and softer edges that the Komodo just doesn't have. I have to keep it.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Feeling cute today. Might change watches later. Big Grin Big Grin

After you see the Barbie movie? ;-)

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This watch caused me quite a bit of angst during its procurement but it was worth it.

It isn’t often you get the opportunity to score a Doxa Sub 1200T Professional Limited Edition #360 of 1200 for the incredibly fair price of $1000. A quick price check on Chrono24 lists 4 Sub 1200T watches ranging from $3295 to $2747. My Seiko Willard was more expensive than this Doxa! Eek

I’ll post up the interesting story behind this watch later tonight or tomorrow. For now here are some quick pics.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I like that a lot, congrats.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Ya'll ever use your watch as a ruler before? Only thing I had handy. 22mm strap, so...

Can't decide if it makes the scorpion look tiny or the watch look huge. It's either a Devil Scorpion or an Arizona Bark Scorpion, the latter is the most venomous in North America, and yes, we found it dead in our bathroom next to the toilet last week. The good news is, it means the pest control is working.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That thing was in your house?!?!?! Eek

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yep. Apparently pretty common here. Noah (Beancooker) has posted a few times about finding centipedes and millipedes in his place, but he's a few hours north. Haven't met one of those little shits yet, but hey, it's only been a year. Wife found this little sucker in our new bedroom yesterday when she took a carload of stuff over. I didn't get any better pictures, she scooped it up and threw it out.

Anyways, on topic, I bought a NATO adapter for my Casioak about six weeks ago. It came with a five ring Zulu that's... ok. But on a NATO, that's become my favorite setup. Last week, I wanted to go swimming and didn't feel like dealing with a wet NATO, so I swapped out the spring bars and popped a rubber Barton on it. Now that's a sweet combo. I still prefer it on a NATO, but for use in water, I like it far better than the OEM strap. It's like they were made for each other. I'll post a pic of that a bit later.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Barton's elite silicone straps are fantastic for times when you know you're going to get wet, or even just sweaty.

I just wish Barton would come out with a wider variety of their Long straps. I can wear their standard straps on the very last adjustment hole, but that is annoying, so I prefer their long straps. However, they only offer those in like 5 different colors, compared to several dozen color options offered in their standard sizes.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I figured I would ask this question here. I have an all black Luminox. The back says Series 3050/3950. I really like this watch. I bought it off a forum member here and got a really good deal on it. Anyway, the Luke “sticks” on the face and the Luke “capsule” on the bezel are pretty dim. Does anyone know of a way to get them replaced. Our own Dave Truong? Don’t bother because it will cost more than the watch itself?

Thanks in advance!!

Posts: 4058 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
357fuzz,

Dave is definitely a good person to ask. Unfortunately I believe it could be expensive Ball offers replacement dials with new tritium vials and it can be expensive depending on the model. I’ve never dealt with Luminox’s customer service personally.

I would also recommend contacting the manufacturer directly to get a quote. It never hurts to get as many quotes as possible for watch repairs. If Dave can fix it that is prob the best route.

Let us know how it works out. I am genuinely curious how much such a repair would cost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That's one of the things that has caused me to hold off on buying one of the flood of recently available tritium watches.

Sure, the lume is great... for ~6-10 years. But the watch itself will last way longer than that, as would traditional lume. And you can't just press on some new tritium yourself like you can when replacing night sights.

So unless/until there's an economical way to replace the tritium vials in a tritium watch, it doesn't make much sense to buy what's basically a disposable watch that won't see much use after the first several years.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I get that is sucks to replace tritium but for those 6-10 years the lume is just amazing.

Ball’s Stormchaser is almost too bright when new. It isn’t that far from feeling like someone has a cellphone in your face while you’re trying to sleep. At night it looks like a smart watch with the screen always on.

My other Stormchaser with blue tritium isn’t nearly as bright and has dimmed over the years but not so bad as to require new tritium yet. Even with 7 year old vials in the early hours of the morning it’s still kicking the crap out of Seiko’s lume.

Compared to the cost of Omega service it isn’t terribly expensive considering what you get. Compared to Seiko it sucks to service Ball’s dials. Wink. Though to be totally honest Seiko is pretty easy to service yourself.

**Thread drift**

Doxa’s orange dial has been said to be bright. People say pics don’t quite do it justice. They are right. The dang thing pops and even in super low light it stands out and is easy to read the black hands on that bright as heck dial.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Luminox will relamp the tritium on your watch. I asked them. I don't remember the price, but $165 is sticking in my memory. Turns out I had cataracts and the lume is still good.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That isn’t bad at all if it is still close to that figure. An automatic movement (3 hand) service will cost more than that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I will start w/ Luminox and work from there. I will keep you posted.

Posts: 4058 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
My number just came up or a Helm KHURABURI TITANIUM - I already have a Komodo.
Having second thoughts...............

WWSFD (what would SigForum do)?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4579 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
You know what I’m gonna say.

Titanium is sweet. Helm is hard to get and IMO the hype is well earned. When you add them together it would be a pretty easy choice for me. Wink

I own both of those watches and while I like both quite a bit the Khuraburi Ti is my favorite of the two. The dang thing surprised the hell out of me with its fit, finish, weight and feel. It’s a dang cool diver.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
357fuzz,

Dave is definitely a good person to ask. Unfortunately I believe it could be expensive Ball offers replacement dials with new tritium vials and it can be expensive depending on the model. I’ve never dealt with Luminox’s customer service personally.

I would also recommend contacting the manufacturer directly to get a quote. It never hurts to get as many quotes as possible for watch repairs. If Dave can fix it that is prob the best route.

Let us know how it works out. I am genuinely curious how much such a repair would cost.

I haven't worn my Ball in a long time! Makes me wonder about lume now.

Obviously, I need to rotate my watches more often.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post