SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'm not usually fond of a square case, but that's a nice looking watch.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15316 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Yeah, same here! Square, cushion, turtle. Never been a fan. Somehow, some way, this one just works for me. For it's intended purpose of course. Which is... I've no idea. Everything? Nothing? It fits no genre.

My pictures don't do it justice. To see what it's really like in real life, hit that link and take a scroll.

Posts: 11385 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
rOgue: I'm not sure that dial is something that would work with my (XXL) wrists, but congrats and enjoy it in good health! Thanks for the info on the Pelagos FXD. I'm hoping I'll get a call when my local AD has one in stock. Although my James Cameron DSSD covers me for a diver, I'm still drawn to the FXD and if I don't get one for myself, I'm thinking it would be a great first mechanical for my stepson.

I'm really getting into the whole watch collecting thing and though I haven't traded off any of my firearms to quench the new thirst, I am considering it. They certainly are addicting and you've got an outstanding collection yourself.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Yeah, same here! Square, cushion, turtle. Never been a fan. Somehow, some way, this one just works for me. For it's intended purpose of course. Which is... I've no idea. Everything? Nothing? It fits no genre.

My pictures don't do it justice. To see what it's really like in real life, hit that link and take a scroll.

That watch actually was going to be my guess (not because I'm a watch genius, just because that came up when I googled Titanium DLC French Watch).

But after years of lurking in this thread and seeing your various pieces, I really did not think you would go for this type of watch so I didn't post it. Nice surprise!

I don't think I could get away with it myself, but it's good to get something a little different now and then.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
....the Pelagos FXD. I'm hoping I'll get a call when my local AD has one in stock. Although my James Cameron DSSD covers me for a diver....

You have a DSSD and were concerned of the stack height of an FXD on a NATO!? Haha! I give to you, from my personal pic collection, Exhibit A. My FXD on a nice and thick C&B Supreme vs. the DSSD. The Deep Sea was definitely thicker, and felt every bit of it.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Cool Hermes, r0gue! Is that a Barton strap, or did it come on that?

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Cool Hermes, r0gue! Is that a Barton strap, or did it come on that?

It's a Hermès (came with it). The titanium Hermès deployant is superb, even with micro-adjustments for size.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I guess if I had looked closer, I would have guessed that since it matches the pip on the second hand. I like that strap. It does remind me of the Bartons I’ve bought, but looking at them and your picture, the Hermés is more refined, and a more vibrant shade of orange. Great looking watch, and the strap puts it over the top.

I’m a sucker for orange on a watch.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:..
I’m a sucker for orange on a watch.

I'm certain that was the bait that kept me swimming around this one until I fell for all the other attributes. Absent the orange, I'm not sure I'd have been drawn in so.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
I pulled this from the bank box, for an upcoming trip. So I fired this up today. Explorer II circa 1997. Lug holes and tritium dial! Cool

I didn't know they used tritium that recently. Does it still glow? I have tritium sights that are that old that are darker than a coal mine.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Yep! It's a U serial, the same as my very first "real watch", also a Polar Explorer II. I re-acquired one, this one, a few years back. The tritium is pretty dead. If you goose it with a flashlight, it'll glow for a bit. I think around 1999 they went to Luminova. Don't quote me on that though.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Luminova in 1998, and Superluminova in 2000. Chromalight in 2008.

https://www.swisswatchexpo.com...ous-materials-guide/

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Ordered my third Komodo this morning. Now I'll have one each of the dial colors.

I had signed up three separate times and after the first I thought I'd let my places go. My Seiko orange monster had always fit large on me, so I thought I'll get the Komodo orange face second time around and sell the Seiko. Then I figured I'd let my third spot lapse. But with wait times and elusive ownership, I couldn't say no.

But this will be it for Helm watches for me.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
First, my pictures are really poor. Second, I set both of these a week ago Saturday and have not adjusted them since. All I’ve done is worn them.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Anyone ever able to swing a decent discount at an Omega AD or boutique?

Posts: 17886 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Anyone ever able to swing a decent discount at an Omega AD or boutique?

Haven't tried lately. I'm guessing in 6 months to a year, we'll see discounts again. Unless thee crypto BS billionaires start buying again. But as it is (with crypto down), I see clear signs of softening.

Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
6guns, you lucky dog. Enjoy the Komodo. I'm late to the game on the wait list but I do like seeing them when you guys get them.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
When I initially entered the waiting list for a Komodo, I entered again several days later. So I have 2 list numbers 80 places apart. .

When I got my notice to place my order, I added the Orange Dial 03AR4 to my cart. THEN, I added a Black Dial 03AR1 to the cart. Paid the total. Got my confirmation email from HELM. I guess it's possible to order more than 1 at a time.

Originally I was going to order the white Komodo, but got the white Khuraburi Titanium first.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
so i bought my first (def not last) Omega watch. It is used, and "vintage" very thin, classy with a nice leather band. I was excited to wear it last week. I thought guns were addicting lol...

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
https://app.photobucket.com/u/...fe-8bfc-ee2ae5b346b8

feedback?

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post