SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Need a recommendation.
Was talking to my dad over the weekend & he mentioned he wants a mechanical (non-battery/quartz) watch.

Requirements:
-Sub-$500 if possible
-Relatively thin & probably something in the 39mm width/size.
-Bracelet, or easily swapped. He's not a fan of straps.
-Relatively simple face, his last watch was a stainless Movado with the traditional Movado face (just a marker at 12:00).
-Sapphire crystal a bonus

Showed him some Seiko Presage & there were a few he liked, but the divers didn't do much for him.
Doesn't look like Citizen has many mechanical options.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Island Watches website. They offer many different watches. Lots of in-house watches as well as numerous mid-priced brands. They are also an AD for Marathon watches.

Island Watches

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://madmodworld.com/

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Take a look at Island Watches website. They offer many different watches. Lots of in-house watches as well as numerous mid-priced brands. They are also an AD for Marathon watches.

Island Watches

That's where I got my Marathon. Recommend completely.

Posts: 7526 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Thanks gents, sent him a few suggestions.
His 60th birthday is in Nov, maybe I can work out a gift for him.

Posts: 15328 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
Any input on this Omega ?

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
^^^ Your pics are a no show for me

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
https://photos.app.goo.gl/u2Zh2SCfTsLZa1H4A

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
^^^ Your pics are a no show for me

should be fixed now

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Steinhart is a good brand. Selita movements, homage styling, quality materials.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Great watches, but most of their catalog is over the $500 line, though.

Posts: 17131 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I picked this old girl up today.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Classy, Mars!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38679 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Very nice Marzy!

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Very nice Marzy! Classic!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Based in part of recommendations from SF members (hat tip to Appliance Brad), I picked up a new diver that just checked the right boxes for me: Sinn U1 "Limited Edition" (fully Tegimented) with silicon strap. I wanted something that was a bit lower profile than my Rolex James Cameron Deep Sea Sea Dweller and I liked the simplicity of the case, the size seemed perfect for my XXL sized wrists, and the Tegimented metal treatment is supposedly very resistant to typical bumps and scratches that a daily wear runs into. The flat black dial, anti-reflective coatings, and contrasting white/red highlights make a very interesting and business like combination, that might not appeal to some, but I found very attractive.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Nice pulicords! That is very sharp.

My other divers feel "puny" compared to the U1 on my wrist. Wear that one and enjoy every second. Great choice!

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Mars and Pulicords - excellent selections!

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I need a Sinn. This thread isn't helping!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Anyone ever able to swing a decent discount at an Omega AD or boutique?

Haven't tried lately. I'm guessing in 6 months to a year, we'll see discounts again. Unless thee crypto BS billionaires start buying again. But as it is (with crypto down), I see clear signs of softening.

I had a 10% offer. Still about $1k more than grey or even some 2022 “worn” but new from professional dealers on Chrono24 that appear to be ADs.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post