SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 7iron:
quote:
Can't specifically vouch for it, but I'd be VERY surprised if they're knocking off Tags. Particularly a funky chrono(?) like that which would be difficult to pull off.

That's still a lot of money for a beat up quartz--no?

Could be. But there are plenty of old quartz watches that have quite a following. Just depends really. Isn't really my bag though. But it is interesting.

Posts: 11379 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I've got my first auto inbound, into the rabbit hole I go.
2nd possibly on the way as well Eek

Welcome to the dark side.

We lied about the cookies. Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13493 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
I've got my first auto inbound, into the rabbit hole I go.
2nd possibly on the way as well Eek

Welcome to the dark side.

We lied about the cookies. Razz

I blame stick for opening the hole & you for pushing me in.
Razz

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
What are the favored used watch internet dealers? I know of Crown & Caliber, Watch Exchange Co and Swiss Watch Expo but have not dealt with any.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
What are the favored used watch internet dealers? I know of Crown & Caliber, Watch Exchange Co and Swiss Watch Expo but have not dealt with any.

I have dealt with DavidSW in the past. He is close to where I live. His store is in central Florida near the attractions (Disney,Universal,Sea world)
He has an online presence and a good reputation in the online watch community.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Jomashop, but not sure if they do much used.
And be ready for the onslaught of emails.

Chrono24 is one I've seen tossed around as well. But I think it's more p2p sales, not sure how many businesses list there.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
It starts, just picked up a local sale SNK805.
Looking at Joma, I got it for less than 50% of retail.

SRPD25 should be here Friday.

Now to find a decent dual winder that doesn't break the bank.
Do you keep your autos on a winder all the time, or do you let them run down & just set before wearing?

Also need to find a reasonable watch tool set. My Movado needs a battery, and an old Fossil that my wife got me years ago has been dead for a while.

Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Incoming today. What's better than the anticipation of new watch day?

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:

And I get to do it twice in 1 week Big Grin

Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
A pair of dragons enter the house. 2 Helm Komodo watches arrived today.

Nice pair of dragons Johnny. I've got the same black dial model, that I'm wearing today, but I'm running it with the Helm NATO and all stainless bezel. It's fun to swap the straps/bracelets and bezels around.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Remember when I said "stick with the Glock Thread"? It's cheaper... Wink

Congrats on the new toys!
(And the new addiction)

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
quote:

Remember when I said "stick with the Glock Thread"? It's cheaper... Wink

Congrats on the new toys!
(And the new addiction)

You're probably right.
I'm sure the Monster is going to dig me in deep.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
I blame stick for opening the hole & you for pushing me in.
Razz

Teamwork, my friend! Big Grin

quote:

Very similar to my SNZG15... a true "every day, every activity" [and inexpensive] automatic. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13493 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:

Very similar to my SNZG09J1. A real workhorse, runs great and keeps surprisingly good time.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yesterday's acquisition

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Nice!

God bless America.

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
Good acquisition! It should serve you well.

BIDEN SUCKS.

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
ok, ok...so I bought two LOL, the gently used Tag and really cool invicta ..will post pics when i can, I also picked up a vintage (i.e. old, 1972 model) omega deville last week also.

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
My Helm Khuraburi Ti has been on my wrist almost exclusively since I got it. The Phoibos Apollo 3 with a super cool sandy silver dial has also been getting a lot of love. Titanium watches are quickly becoming my favorite. They are so light and the finish/metal is so different looking compared to brushed and polished stainless steel. A Pelagos might be in my future. Cool

Today I finally decided to wear something other than titanium.

A custom built by me from parts blue turtle sporting a JDM STO (Save The Ocean) blue to black fade dial/complete movement and SBSA109 140th anniversary bezel & insert which is super rare and grooved like a record so it looks perfect on this build.

It certainly is one of my more “unique” and interesting Seiko mods. It came together mostly from parts left over from other builds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
posted Hide Post
Love the Seiko mods. Well done.

BIDEN SUCKS.