SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

I REALLY like the Dark Side of the Moon, but out of my range right now.

I'm in no rush.

My son, member Logrusmaster wants a Grey Side of the Moon. He gets some hefty bonuses from work so one of these days he will . I've told him just have your boss buy you the watch instead Smile

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
quote:

I REALLY like the Dark Side of the Moon, but out of my range right now.

I'm in no rush.

My son, member Logrusmaster wants a Grey Side of the Moon. He gets some hefty bonuses from work so one of these days he will . I've told him just have your boss buy you the watch instead Smile

I knew I picked the wrong line of work!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8341 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Automatic watches don’t take kindly to harsh impacts.

Yep. Well, it’s just not in the cards right now to send it off for service, and I don’t own a proper beater, so I ordered a G-Shock. I start a new job tomorrow, and I need something that will not creep on me or fail if it takes a knock. I may be over autos for a daily driver, at least for a bit, I dunno. This thing has no soul whatsoever, I’ll see how I like wearing it. With all the really nice watches posted on the last few pages, this feels a bit like dropping a turd in the punch bowl. Should have it in a few days. I’ll wear my orange dial Orient Ray until then and pray I don’t kill it. This job will be physical.

Nothing wrong with. G-Shock. It’s a damn good watch. Good enough for the SEAL teams. I have been kicking around the idea of the Casioak… I really like the gray. Hard to beat for $110.

https://www.casio.com/us/watch...VgBE0hRoCUWIQAvD_BwE

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Yeah, they come in a wide variety of colorways now. It’s the kind of watch one could buy a couple different versions of and be set for all sorts of occasions. I considered a few different ones and solid black or gray would have gone with anything, but that black one with green accents really caught my eye.

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The Casioak that Dave has done as Karmas on here were great looking for a hard wear EDC.
Could see one as a field watch, if I didn't have the CZ.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15313 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:

I knew I picked the wrong line of work!

We all have talents in certain areas. I'm reasonably competent in appliance service and EMS.

The kid's talents lie in very large enterprise endpoint management of patching and security. It pays way better than fixing washers Wink

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kravashera:
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
This weekends vintage watch pickup. 1950s Omega Seamaster

The strap and dial sold me on this watch. It's a period correct Teju lizard strap. As far as I can tell this watch is all original. It came with a box. For all I know that too is original. But that strap. It's to die for. Elegant, yet rough. Thought my SF buds would dig it's vintage nature.

Yowza Eek

can you repost that watch sir, the pics are gone now

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Ok, so why are you in favor of the manual vs the automatic?

I mean, the original Speedmaster Professional was a manual. Same for the hesitate front. I tend to dislike change. I'm wired that way at this point. And if you're able to get one with the sapphire back, the manual looks amazing!

quote:
Your pictures represent why I really like the Speedmasters; a classic looking time piece that just looks great!
Change the band, and it gives it a different feel. That simple brown leather looks great! Toss on damn near any color NATO, a Stainless, leather, different hides (alligator, ostrich... I'll bet stingray would be phenomenal), it's still going to look great, with a totally different feel to it. Not many watches can do that.

Works on NATO just fine!

Bracelet, Leather, NATO, NASA.... All good!

quote:
(Nice t-shirt too!)

Thanks! Cool

this may get me shouted at for blashpemy lol, BUT, can you switch bands (steel/nato etc..) on the new Omega/Swatch watches. I am VERY close to pulling the trigger on one of these (or a used speedamster), I like the idea of changing bands to change the looks tho

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ I don't see why not.
Recently found out that the MoonSwatch has a velcro band, that would get a quick change if/when I pick one up.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15313 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
it would be nice to have a classy SS band or something like that

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Fantastic book, exquisite watch.

Total Loss; A Collection of 45 first-hand accounts of yacht losses at sea & one of my all time favorite watches. This PADI has been all over the Caribbean and costal Carolina. This book is really a morbid collection of disasters at sea but with a bit of a happy ending in that the story is told by the surviving skipper. Lots of interesting lessons.

I believe the Seiko PADI Turtle’s cousin the SKX or maybe 7002 was even on the wrist of the main character in a movie about a sailboat that was shipwrecked in a storm. I believe Robert Redford was the main character if memory serves me correct.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe the Seiko PADI Turtle’s cousin the SKX or maybe 7002 was even on the wrist of the main character in a movie about a sailboat that was shipwrecked in a storm. I believe Robert Redford was the main character if memory serves me correct.

That would be 2013's "All Is Lost," and yes, that was Robert Redford.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BrianO:
quote:

That would be 2013's "All Is Lost," and yes, that was Robert Redford.

and I think it was a SKX009.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Seiko SKX009 - Robert Redford - All Is Lost
In the movie All Is Lost (2013), the main character played by Robert Redford is wearing a Seiko watch with 'Pepsi' bezel and dark blue NATO nylon strap.
The watch seems to be a Seiko SKX009, but it might also be a SKX175 which is almost identical, but the model number for the American market.

Link: https://www.watch-id.com/sight...%20American%20market.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by golddot:... can you switch bands (steel/nato etc..) on the new Omega/Swatch watches. I am VERY close to pulling the trigger on one of these (or a used speedamster), I like the idea of changing bands to change the looks tho

I'm not sure that there's a bracelet for it. But I believe you can swap straps and NATOs based on some pics on the web. Search "Moonswatch" on images.

Posts: 11383 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by golddot:... can you switch bands (steel/nato etc..) on the new Omega/Swatch watches. I am VERY close to pulling the trigger on one of these (or a used speedmaster), I like the idea of changing bands to change the looks tho

I'm not sure that there's a bracelet for it. But I believe you can swap straps and NATOs based on some pics on the web. Search "Moonswatch" on images.

thanks Rogue, I have yet been able to find anyone who can confirm that a metal bracelet/band can be attached to the Swatch Omegas. still googling lol

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Someone online offered to trade this straight across for my 2015 Seamaster:

I think it could be a great deal for me! Any thoughts?

Posts: 4028 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Z06-
I mean, if you're a Pimp, Omega Psi Phi, or a LA Laker, why not?!?!

Would you get the gold capped tooth / teeth to go with it?

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8341 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Only take that Invicta if they throw in this one too:

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh my god, that’s fugly.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post