SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 474
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

All in good fun, my friend.

God bless America.

Posts: 13517 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
It's been about 20 years since I last purchased a Casio digital watch, but I used to wear them all the time and I guess every collection should include a G-Shock or two. I learned about the custom shop "IFL" yesterday and really liked how their "Wasabi" version of the G-Shock popped! At $349.00 including tax and shipping, it's as cheap as the OEM, but doesn't break the bank.

https://iflwatches.com/collect...shock-casioak-wasabi

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10208 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Oh man I love it!!!

Is the green/neon yellow lume paint?

Do you have a lume pic?

I’m in negotiations with my enabler for something VERY VERY VERY special that is hand made and from Japan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Oh man I love it!!!

Is the green/neon yellow lume paint?

Do you have a lume pic?

I’m in negotiations with my enabler for something VERY VERY VERY special that is hand made and from Japan.

While the watch has been shipped, I haven't received it yet and don't know if the paint is lume or not. Since it has "Double LED" (lights for the analog dial display and a backlight for the digital display) I'm not really sure lume is that important.

I'm looking forward to learning more about your special model from Japan!!! Cool

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10208 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
If I say the movement is spring drive does that give it away? I haven’t decided 100% to pull the trigger but it the amount of movement on price and the watch itself is definitely tempting. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21121 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Eyes peeled for stick's new GS!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15365 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Therein lies the rub. It has a GS level movement but the dial just has Seiko.

If I wanted the GS equivalent it would be a cool $5k more. The 4 o’clock crown vs 3 o’clock and “Grand Seiko” vs “Seiko” on the dial is really the only major difference between the two watches I’m looking at. They both have the same spring drive movement. I got offered a crazy good price on one of the highest level divers ever to bear the “Seiko” logo. There are of course higher trim levels but they all bear “Grand Seiko” on their dial.

In a way I am quite drawn to the discrete luxury of the Seiko variant as it flies under the radar much more than a Grand Seiko. Only the most discerning watch nerds and Seiko fans would notice it. This is a watch I wouldn’t have any reservations traveling all over the world wearing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Eyes peeled for stick's new GS!

He's a bad man! Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13517 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This is me! Hahahahahahhaha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:

If I wanted the GS equivalent it would be a cool $5k more. The 4 o’clock crown vs 3 o’clock and “Grand Seiko” vs “Seiko” on the dial is really the only major difference between the two watches I’m looking at. They both have the same spring drive movement. I got offered a crazy good price on one of the highest level divers ever to bear the “Seiko” logo. There are of course higher trim levels but they all bear “Grand Seiko” on their dial.

In a way I am quite drawn to the discrete luxury of the Seiko variant as it flies under the radar much more than a Grand Seiko. Only the most discerning watch nerds and Seiko fans would notice it. This is a watch I wouldn’t have any reservations traveling all over the world wearing.

Patiently waiting so I can continue vicariously living through you guys.

Also Big Grin Great meme

Posts: 15365 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Psst! P250UA5!

Ask stick about the pic he sent me this morning. Go 'head... I dare ya! Razz

God bless America.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Psst! P250UA5!

Ask stick about the pic he sent me this morning. Go 'head... I dare ya! Razz

I already avoid his watch sale thread, don't need more temptation. Razz

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Being a big fan of orange watches I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to scoop up a Gen 2 Monster with an English and Kanji day wheel. Cool

I’ve never owned a Monster before. I am eager to see how it feels on the wrist. I love how it looks. Big Grin

This one won’t be getting modded, I love it exactly how it is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Mine's an SRPD25. Yours looks a bit chunkier, but I do like the no cyclops & love the orange.

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:

While I'm looking forward to seeing what you decide to get, I can't help but think that you'll be happier if you go for the Grand Seiko. Yes, the Spring Drive movement is great, but ultimately you'll probably regret not going for dial too as both these items make a Grand Seiko, "GRAND"! Wink

posted Hide Post
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

What I will be wearing at work tonight. Glock17 Gen5 MOS and my Tissot Chronograph w/ a saddle brown Barton leather NATO strap. I love NATO straps. I am not a big fan of leather straps/bands however; Barton makes a great one. It is soft as butter.

Posts: 4066 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
I've never been much of a watch guy but I haven't been able to get the Tudor Pelagos out of my head. Pulled the trigger on one a few days ago and got it today. Beautiful! Can't hold a candle to some of the watches in here but I'm glad to have it. Pictured with my daily driver CS

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3601 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the club Andy! For someone who doesn’t consider themself a watch guy you certainly have exquisite taste! Thats a beauty! The Pelagos is one of my all time favorite watches.

The LHD with the roulette date wheel (alternating red/black dates) is my preferred variant although the blue one is very sweet too! The spring assist clasp is just brilliant and probably the best watch clasp ever made.

Pulicords, I fear you may be correct. While a spring drive titanium Seiko diver would be excellent it wouldn’t quite scratch that Grand Seiko itch I have been slowly developing. Wink

357Fuzz, I don’t own one yet but I have heard that Barton straps are incredibly comfy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
I've never been much of a watch guy but I haven't been able to get the Tudor Pelagos out of my head. Pulled the trigger on one a few days ago and got it today. Beautiful! Can't hold a candle to some of the watches in here but I'm glad to have it. Pictured with my daily driver CS

That is a sharp watch!! Congrats.

Posts: 4066 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I wasn’t expecting a Christopher Ward #Tide strap to work so well on the SEIKO 5 Sports SBSA177 Kosuke Kawamura Collaboration!

I am pleasantly surprised to see this watch is now typically selling for almost double what I paid for mine new at the boutique!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~