SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
I REALLY want that golden dragon one! WOW
I'd get a second gold tooth for that bad boy.

Posts: 4030 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Z06, you really got a lot going on!

Pimp one weekend, Japanese Yakuza / Chinese Triad the next!

Big Grin
I like your style! Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/25571..._CLK%7Cclp%3A2563228

Can any of the experts here tell me if this is, 1) a good deal and 2) authentic ?

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
also my research shows it SHOULD have a 7 or 8 digit SER#, this does not best I can tell.
Also, been doing some research, can I expect Ebay folks, with good FB and good return policies to HONESTLY tell me about redials or repaints , I have about 500 to spend and want a clean, 3 hand, classic old style watch, Omega. I really like the one i posted but afraid it is not genuine

This message has been edited. Last edited by: golddot,

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
https://www.ebay.com/itm/36395..._CLK%7Cclp%3A2047675

I am willing to spend the extra 200 , if you all think this is legit

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Those prices almost seem to good to be true for a vintage Omega, but I'm not well versed in how to tell a fake from authentic.

Both pieces do look nice, especially the 2nd one.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
It was Take your TSAR to work day

AEAK0303 by Brad Benzing, on Flickr

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I have the same model, but with the nice smelling rubber strap.

Posts: 7526 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by golddot:

It's a redial-- noted in the description-- which is why the dial fonts look off. That's a pretty big "minus" for a vintage piece, even if that's the only defect.

Omega's site has a search feature for the older reference numbers, which can help you determine if the movement/case/dial/etc is appropriate to that reference. But it is a redial regardless.

Posts: 2465 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
I have the same model, but with the nice smelling rubber strap.

I've got the rubber strap that came with it but I like the metal bracelet. I've put NATO's on it as well but kept coming back to this look.

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
What’s the general consensus on Vaer watches? I’ve been wanting a lower cost watch to wear at work and not worry about, and this one has my interest: https://www.vaerwatches.com/co...a-quartz#C5-FB-specs

Seiko doesn’t quite hit the esthetic that I like, and this model takes 20mm bands, anything to worry about?

Posts: 9964 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
quote:

It's a redial-- noted in the description-- which is why the dial fonts look off. That's a pretty big "minus" for a vintage piece, even if that's the only defect.

Omega's site has a search feature for the older reference numbers, which can help you determine if the movement/case/dial/etc is appropriate to that reference. But it is a redial regardless.

thank you , I am still learning the terminology, can you recommend someone online that sells reputably ?

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,

posted Hide Post
Uhhh STICKMAN-

I know you have a new-found appreciation for Titanium Time Pieces....

Here's a Titanium Tudor:

https://www.gearpatrol.com/wat...54/tudor-pelagos-39/

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
It was Take your TSAR to work day

AEAK0303 by Brad Benzing, on Flickr

Oh man that is sweet!
Usually those Marathons are big ole wrist biscuits, that own looks awesome.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39754 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:

thank you , I am still learning the terminology, can you recommend someone online that sells reputably ?

The lugs are bullshit, the case is bullshit and the dial is fake bullshit. A pre-1920s watch in 42mm? lol Run away, from EVERYthing on eBay. Are there deals on good stuff on eBay? I'm sure. Am I good enough to find them? not likely.

Check Watchrecon.com if you're looking for a real Omega. And even then, buyer beware. But at least it'll put you where the real stuff swims. But mind you, still sharks about.

If you pick a model you want and ask me to find one I'd trust (assuming all of the normal vetting) I'd be willing to help. But it is unlikely to be an Omega at $400.

Posts: 11388 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
What’s the general consensus on Vaer watches? I’ve been wanting a lower cost watch to wear at work and not worry about, and this one has my interest: https://www.vaerwatches.com/co...a-quartz#C5-FB-specs

Seiko doesn’t quite hit the esthetic that I like, and this model takes 20mm bands, anything to worry about?

Enthusiastic endorser here.

I've owned three. I sold the 40mm C5 because I much prefer their 36mm models. I currently have the C3 Korean and A12 Dirty Dozen. Since I'm fond of field watches, and military heritage watches in general, these two and Vaer's other field type watches are a perfect fit.

Their quartz watches are very accurate. When I first received the A12 however, it was fast, about 35s/d. I sent it back for regulation and it came back about 20s/d slow. I'm not content. It's still under warranty but I haven't followed up. Vaer's A12 looks better, IMO, than every of the original Dirty Dozen watches. I just love its aesthetics.

As far as customer service, it's top notch. You will always get a personal reply to any query from one of the two owners of the company. I've no doubt they'd take my A12 back for further regulation without issue. I just don't want to go through the hassle right now.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
The C3 Korean actually looks really nice, and I support a US made movement. How accurate is yours? I don’t like wrist anchors, although I am a big guy, so sizing is a question I have.

Posts: 9964 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The C5/A5 both look good.
Too many good options out there, not enough money.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15327 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
The C3 Korean actually looks really nice, and I support a US made movement. How accurate is yours? I don’t like wrist anchors, although I am a big guy, so sizing is a question I have.

I love that watch too. I can't give you a number on that watch since I've never had a need to check--it's "super" accurate though (it's an industry term).

My wrists are 6.5" around. The 36mm fits my eye perfectly.

That A12 with the hand wound movement though--there's something special about interacting with your watch to wind it every day. Perhaps not if you didn't grow up doing that.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Uhhh STICKMAN-

I know you have a new-found appreciation for Titanium Time Pieces....

Here's a Titanium Tudor:

Cripes CPD Sig!!!! Now I want one of those!!!!

https://www.gearpatrol.com/wat...54/tudor-pelagos-39/

Posts: 4058 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post