SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Geckota isn’t a watch brand you will hear mentored often outside of watch enthusiast circles. They are mostly known for making bands, straps and watch accessories. One watch that I absolutely adore is the Geckota G-02 diver. It never really seemed to enjoy much success which is a shame. I own the Orange version on YouTube where it’s previous owner bashes it for petty, almost nonsensical shit that you will also find on similar and even more expensive Tissot and Hamilton divers. I suppose it worked out for the best in the end. Smile

If it ever gets out of the Netherlands I have a bunch of straps ready for my green G-02. Geckota no longer offers this watch with a genuine ETA 2824-2, I’m glad I was able to find one. They have since switched over to only offering a Chinese clone. Frown. TERRIBLE move in my humble opinion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

P220 Smudge, I understand completely. My wife thinks no watch is worth more than $250. Eek Mad

What does she think diamonds are worth? Or purses? Or shoes? Or sewing machines? Or whatever it is that tickles her fancy?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
One of the most appealing aspects to owning a Seiko diver (besides the durability & reliability) is the vast amount of customization and personalization that is possible. You can basically build one to your taste thanks to the commonality and compatibility of parts across their line of dive watches.

I was gathering parts for a few future Turtle builds when I came across two VERY neat custom builds.

Nothing too over the top here, just a ceramic bezel, dial and hand swap but the end result is quite good. I especially like the dial and hands on this watch. Are they off of a Seiko Monster?

How many mods can you spot on this baby? I would have gone with a different chapter ring but otherwise it’s a fantastic build.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Those look good. That picture of the Geckota you posted on the last page looks great, btw.

I keep flirting with the idea of building a custom Seiko. That Long Island Watch makes all kinds of custom parts for them doesn’t hurt. Some day. Smile

In the meantime, I keep coming back to the idea of putting a lumed sapphire bezel insert on my Glycine. I saw a video from Marc last night where he showed some of these style bezels, and I had the thought that a blacked-out Seiko would be kinda cool (I envisioned something similar to the one on the green nato):
https://www.dlwwatches.com/pro...s-yacht-master-black

Posts: 17126 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
A few quick pics of the unique features on the latest Seastar Professional.

The quick release design. The watch also came with 23mm Tissot branded rubber straps that have the same quick release design. To release you push down on that center piece.

Valjoux 7750 with an enhanced power reserve (60 hours) and a nice display case back to show off the gorgeous engine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
That's a very nice feature on that Seastar. I literally detest mounting bracelets with SEL.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Seen this one yet? Zelos Hammerhead VIII.

I ordered this model this AM.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I like it! Zelos makes great watches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Those custom Seikos are nice. I like the top one a bit more, but could do without the supplemental numbering on the face & not a huge fan of a Day/Date.

Put the Padi face from the 2nd on the top one & it'd be a winner, IMO.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15322 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Pick one (equal price, both with the Seiko NH35 Movement) And why did you make your choice?

ZELOS HAMMERHEAD 44mm (Full Lume)

DEEP BLUE 44mm (Full Lume)

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Without looking into it too hard, I like the Zelos. White dial with aqua accents, seems like a nicer color way to me. Lots of contrast with the black indices and hands, too. Engineer style bracelet matches the case shape nicely and gives it an overall unique look. Nice aesthetics. The Deep Blue is nice, but doesn’t quite have the same visual impact.

Posts: 17126 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Probably the Zelos, the Deep Blue is just a bit too 'loud' for me.

Posts: 15322 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Def the Zelos of those two. And I don't really love the angular look of the zelos but that Deep Blue is way over the top.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Definitely the Zelos. I’m hoping eventually Elshan offers another variant of the Horizons GMT, it’s a neat little watch. I’d like to get one with a meteorite dial but not at the prices they are going for currently. Fingers crossed Zelos also makes a new chronograph diver or two.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Decided to wear it on the H link for a few days.

Thick and heavy bracelet to be sure, very stout.

That said, in my mind it is meant to be on the fine link, so I switched it back this evening.

Additionally, now that I've worn it this way so long, I prefer a deployant to a clasp.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That Sinn looks so good!!! I’d be quite tempted to find a few high quality blue NATO straps and of course a mesh bracelet for it for the summer. The oem bracelets look fantastic but I bet it looks good on a NATO too.

Did you guys see that Seiko is making a “land Turtle”? I like the dial. Seiko listened to those who don’t care for the day/date. If anything it’ll allow for even more customization in the Seiko mod world. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
IWC has a new AMG edition. Looks nice & lists for just over $9k.
Titanium & carbon fiber

I like their former Petronas edition, too, with the green/teal accents.
Ceramic & CF

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did you guys see that Seiko is making a “land Turtle”? I like the dial. Seiko listened to those who don’t care for the day/date.

I'm not [yet] a fan of the Turtle series. (To be fair , I haven't tried one on yet.)

That said, I really like the dial and black leather band on that one, stick. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13501 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
I scratched my 'brass-ish' itch this morning with a Timex MK1 Quartz, Black Dial, Model TW2R96300. For ~$41 for a brand new, decent looking brass watch with doomed acrylic 'crystal' on a leather strap and basic functional chrono, hard to go wrong.

Like this but in brass trim:

Link to original vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXfhndB0FTw

Maybe down the road when I have a little more fun $$, I'll pick up something a little higher end like a Helson or similar.

Boss

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:

Did you guys see that Seiko is making a “land Turtle”? I like the dial. Seiko listened to those who don’t care for the day/date. If anything it’ll allow for even more customization in the Seiko mod world. Big Grin

Slight correction... They're calling it the Land Tortoise, as turtles pretty much stay in water, except to lay their eggs Wink

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1311 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post